Just wondering what everyone thinks, they were all the talk and the must have. I fell into this but just got fid of my touch screen because I started to hate it.

Most of my friends are looking to or already got rid of their touchscreen phones (bb or normal).
    03-26-09 03:31 PM
    I didnt get a touchscreen....I knew I'd hate it. Plus Im holding out for them to release a BB which operates on 100% mental telepathy
    03-26-09 03:40 PM
    I think it was just like any other fad that seems like a good idea but simply isn't functional. Touch screens are fun but not great for something you use every day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 03:41 PM
    In BB's case, there's a lot of work still to be done on touchscreen technology, but I don't think it's going away.There's a lot of potential in it, I think.

Personally, I did OK going from the keyboard to a touchscreen. There was a learning curve but I got used to it.
    03-26-09 03:47 PM
    I had an LG Cookie (KP500) which is a touchscreen phone for those of you who don't know what it is. I had it for about a month, me and my boyfriend bought one each on the same day, matching - exactly the same. I got so fed up with it that literally after a month I gave it to my younger sister who is 12. I have had every phone possible because I get one every 1-2 months, what can I say I am an addict. That was my first and LAST touchscreen, never again. I prefer a keyboard thanks

By the way, since owning my Pearl and now my Curve my addiction to buy a new phone ALL the time has well and truly gone out of the window and now the only addiction that I have is for my 'Berry (well and socks! hehe!)

Say no to touchscreen phones
    03-26-09 04:03 PM
    no touchscreen is not going away and thats because it adds more function to a phone.

Imagine the common blackberry qwerty style but with a touch screen.
    Last edited by victorythagr8; 03-26-09 at 04:11 PM.
    03-26-09 04:08 PM
    The touchscreen on my voyager wasn't bad, but I think that touchscreens are very overrated.

I'm glad I traded and got the curve
    03-26-09 04:10 PM
    Imagine the common blackberry qwerty style but with a touch screen.
    It's called A BlackBerry Storm!
    03-26-09 04:11 PM
    Yes it was a fad, but it won't go away. I guess you could say that it has its own genre now. I think they are cool, but I prefer a physical keyboard. The storm is way too buggy for me too.

I didnt get a touchscreen....I knew I'd hate it. Plus Im holding out for them to release a BB which operates on 100% mental telepathy
    OMG you can read my mind!
    03-26-09 04:17 PM
    I was skeptical about get a touchscreen but now that I did, I'm happy with my decision but it's not for everybody
    03-26-09 04:18 PM
    Touchscreens allow for more flexibility - iphone apps showcase this very well.
    However, for a functional device, a touchscreen will never match a hardware keyboard for data input or selection. Touch screens are too clumsy and error prone, and too slow.
    Touchscreens will improve and may get good enough to mimick hardware input in the next decade or two, though.
    As a consumer option they're great, as they allow for cheap, flexible input.
    Mission critical situations won't touch them. You'll see them used by cabin crew, but not the pilot. Not yet...

03-26-09 04:20 PM
    it isnt a fad, it depends on how touchy the person is lol.
    I dont like the touch screen as I can never type well on it, but my friend does like it because he types well, n it is thinner
    03-26-09 04:23 PM
    they're slick, but not for me
    03-26-09 04:25 PM
    Yes it was a fad, but it won't go away. I guess you could say that it has its own genre now. I think they are cool, but I prefer a physical keyboard. The storm is way too buggy for me too.

OMG you can read my mind!
    I KNEW you were going to tell me that!
    03-26-09 04:25 PM
    I dont think its a fad , To me its ur personal interest . I have had a Iphone and switched to the storm a month after it came out . i absolutely love it
    03-26-09 04:31 PM
    Its not a fad its here to stay and I think the physical keyboard will go away in the near future...

03-26-09 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD