OK, don't think I'm stupid or anything, but on OS v4.5 for Curve 8330, is there supposed to be like a lag time a bit short of a second when clicking, well, anything, or is mine slow?
    02-02-09 06:11 AM
    Options>status>file free memory

how much do you see free?

I have no lag on my device....
    02-02-09 06:13 AM
    With an 8330 file free memory shouldn't be an issue, but you do need to clear your cache and event log periodically. Also, did you send service books when you upgraded?
    Browser Settings: Browser settings for improved view. While in your browser, press menu key> options> browser configuration> check all the boxes> make sure browser is set to internet browser> show images set to On WML and HTML Pages> emulation mode set to BlackBerry> click back and save.
    Send Service Books: Click your internet email icon (the envelope with a gear in front of it)> click service books> click send service books, or log onto your provider's website and send them from thereClear the Event Log: Open the log (alt-lglg)> press menu key> select clear log.
    To clear cache, while in your browser> press menu key> select options> select cache operations> select clear content cache> press back. .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 06:28 AM
    You are correct exelant I forget the 8330 has more memory than the 8310....ty

Some other simple things you can do is lessen the amount of downloaded themes on your phone (if you have done this already), if your a text freak delete some the more the merrier, get a media card and transfer your downloaded ringtones/pics to it and and not the device memory also save your ringtones/pictures to the media card.

You can also make sure you close out of apps properly (menu close).....
    02-02-09 06:40 AM
    Options>status>file free memory

how much do you see free?

I have no lag on my device....
    It says 52197052 Bytes.
    I don't know if that's a lot or not...
    But i feel i should tell you that when I was installing the v4.5, after it went through some other steps, it said "Connecting to Device" it was taking FOREVER so I just pressed cancel and it said "Synch Completed Succesfuly" or something of the sort... I thought everything was OK, which I think it still is, and in "About" it does say I am running version 4.5. Everything works OK, just loading "Media" and sometimes the Main Menu takes a second or two. Do you think I installed it wrong, or do you think it's OK? Thanks in advance for your help.
    02-02-09 01:53 PM
    That is enough free memory, no concerns there. I am not on the upgrade. I have no issues with what came with my phone so I cant help you there.

Hitting cancel might be your issue. Its' doubtful since it does say 4.5 is installed but I will wait for the folks who used the upgrade help you or let you know what hitting cancel means in your case, if anything. I know you are not supposed to hit cancel and it can take forever to complete but...........I figured it would not work at all if that were the case so.............?

Peace
    Last edited by Tremortality; 02-02-09 at 02:02 PM.
    02-02-09 02:00 PM
    That is enough free memory, no concerns there. I am not on the upgrade. I have no issues with what came with my phone so I cant help you there.

Hitting cancel might be your issue. Its' doubtful since it does say 4.5 is installed but I will wait for the folks who used the upgrade help you or let you know what hitting cancel means if anything.

Peace
    Thanks so much, I only upgraded because so many more free themes seemed to be available that only work on 4.5. BTW, I only have one 3rd party theme on my phone, others on the computer. What preloaded ones can I delete while keeping 3rd party ones working?
    02-02-09 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD