I have the end all be all solution just go turn in what you have and get a replacement and that should fix it.
    The OP has done just that! I think someone has answered this question here already, something is wrong on your sprint account and they need to check the setting or delete your account and re-create it. I would keep on sprint as much as possible, until you reach someone that is willing to do this to your account. If you and your husband are having the same problem, then it definitely sounds account related.
    09-07-10 08:07 AM
    The OP has done just that! I think someone has answered this question here already, something is wrong on your sprint account and they need to check the setting or delete your account and re-create it. I would keep on sprint as much as possible, until you reach someone that is willing to do this to your account. If you and your husband are having the same problem, then it definitely sounds account related.
    This has been done but I can have them do it again. I do think it is a glitch somewhere between RIM and Sprint but no idea where. Both point at each other. If there was a simple solution to this issue then I would not be here asking for help. Thank you all again who have come up with positive ideas to try that I have not thought of and to those who think they know it all...
    09-07-10 08:13 AM
    This has been done but I can have them do it again. I do think it is a glitch somewhere between RIM and Sprint but no idea where. Both point at each other. If there was a simple solution to this issue then I would not be here asking for help. Thank you all again who have come up with positive ideas to try that I have not thought of and to those who think they know it all...
    I see you have as yet to implement my suggestion...
    09-07-10 08:59 AM
    what run Sprint and tell them how much I hate RIM? They know! lol
    09-07-10 09:23 AM
    what run Sprint and tell them how much I hate RIM? They know! lol
    actually, I was referring to my oblique comment that you return the phone for something more to your liking (comment #6)
    09-07-10 09:34 AM
    actually, I was referring to my oblique comment that you return the phone for something more to your liking (comment #6)
    They replaced my old handset (Curve 8530 with another Curve 8530)

Actually love the phone; I just hate that it is not able to access the apps that I have already paid for.
    09-07-10 09:44 AM
    They replaced my old handset (Curve 8530 with another Curve 8530)

Actually love the phone; I just hate that it is not able to access the apps that I have already paid for.
    I worded my last comment poorly, as I actually knew your frustration was with s/w issues, rather than the device itself. ( "I love my Berry but I am sick of dealing with RIM and their escalation of my "error codes".") I almost went back to edit my last post to reflect that, but I'm lazy.

Having said that, I gotta tell you I took back my first BB, an S1, due to constant issues with rebooting. I liked the hardware, but the OS issues were more than I could tolerate. Thus, my earlier comment (oblique, that it was) that you try something else.
    09-07-10 09:50 AM
    Ahhh yes but to upgrade to a different berry at sprint means paying an additional $200 which is not going to happen at the moment. They only offer two on the Sprint network and two others on the Nextel network the other three are way more then the curve. So I am stuck trying to get it to work.

Well I called sprint back and we worked out that they would upgrade my curve to bold. I now have the Bold 9650 and I am STILL getting the same error code that "Blackberry Appworld is not available in my country".
    Last edited by aimeeben; 09-07-10 at 04:52 PM. Reason: add info
    09-07-10 10:05 AM
    RIM is supposed to have a fix for the error codes on the 19th of September...no idea why that date but there it is. Been having fun playing with my Bold though...

Now anyone else still having error codes with App World?
    09-12-10 05:01 AM
    Well, App World belongs to RIM so logically they would be the one responsible no? I don't suppose I go to my carrier if my Quicklaunch app isn't working.
    09-12-10 05:46 AM
    Not a solution but have you tried installing Mobihand superstore - it's US based and even though I'm in UK - it seems to have everything that BB app store has but cheaper

Haven't used BB App store since I had Mobihand

P.S. assume you've tried uninstalling BB Apps and reinstalling

P.P.S Also assume you know you can use BB Apps Store online - you buy online, sends a message to your BB with a link to download

I would be inclined to check your account online and download couple freebies from BB Apps online just to see if there's no trouble with the account its self (eliminate your handset first) - when I'm setting up an account and I dont want to give details I often choose Algeria as my country which is what you might done
    Last edited by Chris-K; 09-12-10 at 09:20 AM.
    09-12-10 06:58 AM
    I have Crackberry's App World, yes! They are great. Still trying to get to a couple of apps in App World at RIM that I paid for. Deal is I have been unable to find them elsewhere but no, I have no tried the online version. Done everything else! lol
    09-12-10 08:57 AM
    Please let us know if you were able to get your apps through the online version of App World.
    09-12-10 11:09 AM
    Please let us know if you were able to get your apps through the online version of App World.
    Ditto - I'm very keen to know
    09-12-10 11:36 AM
    Ditto - I'm very keen to know
    I tried the online version of appworld and sent the link for an app to my blackberry email addy...no dice. "blackberry appworld is not available in your country"....This has reached comical status and is driving me nuts.
    09-13-10 02:18 PM
    I tried the online version of appworld and sent the link for an app to my blackberry email addy...no dice. "blackberry appworld is not available in your country"....This has reached comical status and is driving me nuts.
    somehow I doubt you are laughing, and neither am I. what a bummer!
    09-13-10 03:25 PM
    somehow I doubt you are laughing, and neither am I. what a bummer!
    Thanks! Not really laughing but maybe a little....I cannot believe this crud. I honestly have managed to find most of my apps but my in email translator that I used that worked PERFECT is still in app world. So, if anyone can point me in the direction of a translator that easier then the ones on Crackberry...GREAT!
    09-13-10 03:35 PM
    now that you are done ranting about RIM, is there anything that a CB member can do for you?? We aren't RIM here. we are end users.
    Forums are not just for help, sometimes people want to EXPRESS something WITHOUT having to deal with people like you!

Let her ventilate! Jeez! I don't get it when people rant about a Blackberry you all get too offensive, IT'S A FORUM! LET HER BE HEARD!
    09-13-10 08:18 PM
    Forums are not just for help, sometimes people want to EXPRESS something WITHOUT having to deal with people like you!

Let her ventilate! Jeez! I don't get it when people rant about a Blackberry you all get too offensive, IT'S A FORUM! LET HER BE HEARD!
    You are days behind, dude. The OP and I are fine. It's YOU that is the problem now. j/k
    09-13-10 08:19 PM
    You are days behind, dude. The OP and I are fine. It's YOU that is the problem now. j/k
    I just noticed this right now! LOL
    09-13-10 08:21 PM
    I just noticed this right now! LOL
    hehe. no problemo!
    09-13-10 08:40 PM
    HI im new here n i have a lil problem with my bold 9000 i cant set any rington for call or messages only vibration is working n when i set it to vibred and ring its not working at all only led red lamp i showing me that i hae a missed call or message or that somebody is calling me pls helpppppp
    09-13-10 08:57 PM
    HI im new here n i have a lil problem with my bold 9000 i cant set any rington for call or messages only vibration is working n when i set it to vibred and ring its not working at all only led red lamp i showing me that i hae a missed call or message or that somebody is calling me pls helpppppp
    If you don't like my opinions; not to worry--I have plenty more--just ask... So Dave1812...I'm asking.

What do your different Sound profiles say? I did that when I first got my berry. Also check your ringtones. I use actual songs for mine and if there is too long an intro...no sound.
    09-13-10 11:40 PM
    Well I heard back from RIM about the infamous "BB Appworld not available in your country" error code. Was told that patches were done to fix the issues...still no dice. We are yet again; ehem, escalated. I am sighing and almost laughing as I type this. So far nothing they are doing is fixing the problem.
    09-19-10 08:19 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD