I have Clarion MAX685BT with bluetooth in my car and my torch connects to it only sometimes, but I always have to mess around to get it to connect. It streams music and I can make and receive calls when it's connected. It also doesn't auto connect like my last two BB's. I previously had a pearl and a curve 8330 and those connected fine. WTF

Did they change Bluetooth technologies?

Anyone have any ideas?
    10-24-10 09:56 PM
    ok so I know I'm not the only person that is having the same BT issues for connecting automatically.
    10-24-10 11:26 PM
    I have a jabra bluetooth speaker for my car and I have had no issues as of yet with it. Did you delete the settings and try a full set up again ? With my Jabra, the device is turned on then my bluetooth on my device. Connects every time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-10 06:50 AM
    I deleted the device, did a battery pull, paired them up again and it works.

BUT, when I shut off the car and jump back in nothing happens. So I hit connect on my BB to the device and connection fails all the time. The only way to reconnect is to delete the device and pair them up again.

Should I return the Torch and wait on the next gen. I'm not pulling my Clarion!
    10-25-10 10:47 AM
    you can update the firmware of your head receiver..
    simple to do with a USB or a CD-ROM.
    check the web for updates regarding your particular unit
    10-25-10 12:06 PM
    I was having a problem with my Jawbone Prime with the Torch, it had worked with minimal problems with the 8350i but when I switched to 9800 it was nothing but problems. I just got a Jawbone ICON and so far have not had any problems.

I can only surmise that there has been a change in the bluetooth radio being used by RIM and older devices do not comply with the new radio settings.

If you have a device that can have the firmware flashed, then research that option to flash your device to work with newer bluetooth radio specs, otherwise time to upgrade.
    10-25-10 01:29 PM
    hmmm everytime i want to connect my headset, it wants me to type in the passcode for the bluetooth which i keep standard at 0000 but its frustrating
    10-25-10 08:27 PM
    hmmm everytime i want to connect my headset, it wants me to type in the passcode for the bluetooth which i keep standard at 0000 but its frustrating
    Do you see the option to always pair or always choose this option or something along those lines ? Its a little check box. I always check it so I dont ever have to do it again
    10-25-10 08:57 PM
    OK. I traded in my Torch for a Bold and it's the same song and dance. Why can't RIM make this crap backwards compatible? My Clarion is not even 2 years old yet!
    11-05-10 12:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD