I have a BB Curve for work and an iPhone 3G for home. I use both devises very heavily and here are my TOP 10 Reasons that the BB is the one!!! I can't wait to get rid of my iPhone!

10: Missing "copy and paste" on iPhone (What's up with that?)
    9: Missing "search" function in email in iPhone
    8: Missing "Call numbers from email highlight" in iPhone
    7: Missing "Highlight/Delete" from iPhone (you have to delete messages one by one)
    6: Have to pay Apple to use RingTone
    5. IM closes & logs out as soon as you switch application. iPhone can only keep one application open at a time
    4. No "Wifi" CALLING from iPhone
    3. No "Auto On/Off" from iPhone
    2. No "Play Songs through Bluetooth" from iPhone, it can only make phone calls.
    1. Profiles has very limited choices.

The fact is, the iPhone is a great FUN phone, but the fun for me was done within a week, all the things I used the most are missing!

My conclusion for the iPhone is: "What you really need is missing, but everything you don't need is there"
    01-25-09 05:10 PM
    Blackberry Curve / Bold vs iPhone 3G:

I have a BB Curve for work and an iPhone 3G for home. I use both very heavily and here are my TOP 10 Reasons that the BB is the choice for EMAIL users:

NUMBER 10:
    Missing "copy and paste" on iPhone (Apple said its not their top priority..)
    9: Missing "search" function in email in iPhone (Apple sales said if you can move it up & down, why search??? what?!!)
    8: Missing "Call numbers from email highlight" in iPhone (Such a good feature, and with the missing Copy/Paste, I went back to use paper with my iPhone)
    7: Missing "Highlight/Delete" from iPhone (you have to delete messages one by one, I like the touch screen, but don't like to push the screen that often)
    6: Have to pay Apple to use RingTone (Do they have to make $ on everything?)
    5. IM closes & logs out as soon as you switch application. iPhone can only keep one application open at a time (So much for keeping in touch)
    4. No "Wifi" CALLING from iPhone (If no carrier signal then you are looking at a Gameboy)
    3. No "Auto On/Off" from iPhone (no Peace)
    2. No "Play Songs through Bluetooth" from iPhone, it can only make phone calls. (I guess they want you to use the white headphone all the time)
    1. Profiles has very limited choices. (Very simple, but I am so use to the choices by BB)
    Extra 1: has only one push email for Yahoo. No Push Email for others! (Just wait 15min for each email..)
    Extra 2: Can NOT send group email from iPhone (Again, Apple likes you to touch the screen more often)
    Extra 3: iPhone is hard operate with one hand (More "drop the phone" times for you)

The fact is, the iPhone is a great FUN phone, it has bigger screen, iPod and just everything looks "cool"; but the fun for me was done within 2 week, all the things I used the most are missing!

My conclusion for the iPhone is: "What you really need is missing, but everything you don't is there"
    Last edited by flyingbold; 01-25-09 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Add more
    01-25-09 05:21 PM
    I agree with all that. But this topic has been beaten to death.
    01-25-09 05:22 PM
    I agree with all that. But this topic has been beaten to death.

I am sure glad you listed these because I had just about had them all memorized.

About 3 more postings and someone will have posted a "top 10 things wrong with a BB"
    01-25-09 05:38 PM
    10. Copy and paste is actually available for iphones now. It was just released two or three days ago, so there are still some bugs and kinks to be worked out. But nonethless, two very functional programs that implements copy and paste is out.
    9. This has been out, available via cydia, for quite some time now.
    8. I'm not quite sure what you're talking about. But if you're refering to being able to call/add numbers found in mail, iphone does this just fine?
    7. This is definitely not true. You can mass select emails to delete.
    6. No you don't? All my ringtones I created myself.
    5. Agree with you on this one.
    4. While I haven't personally tried it, there is a program out that allows for wifi calling. Very useful for ipod touch!
    3. Can't argue with this one.
    2. Can't argue with this one.
    1. Can't argue with this one.
    01-25-09 05:45 PM
    In case Crackberry Kev reads this. I have a suggestion. How about a BLACKBERRY VS IPHONE discussion section here on CB? Would be interesting lol
    01-25-09 05:48 PM
    In case Crackberry Kev reads this. I have a suggestion. How about a BLACKBERRY VS IPHONE discussion section here on CB? Would be interesting lol
    No it wouldn't be. This is a BlackBerry fan site. The RIM fanboys outnumber the Apple fanboys by way too much. It would have to be an equal number for it to be interesting.
    01-25-09 05:55 PM
    10. Copy and paste from Apple or other programs?
    9. is cydia integrated in mail?
    8. You can call a number in an email such as someone put 888-777-6666, when you put your trackball over it, it will auto highlight the number and you can press to call instead remembering it and go to phone. iPhone can do this? I didn't see it, any hint?
    7. How to mass select emails to delete? Even Apple store sales told me it can't be done.
    6. in BB you don't need to "create" ringtones, any songs can be. The fact is that Apple ask you to pay to convert songs to ringtone is just makes it more complicated for average user to make it their own.
    01-25-09 05:56 PM
    10. Copy and paste from Apple or other programs?
    9. is cydia integrated in mail?
    8. You can call a number in an email such as someone put 888-777-6666, when you put your trackball over it, it will auto highlight the number and you can press to call instead remembering it and go to phone. iPhone can do this? I didn't see it, any hint?
    7. How to mass select emails to delete? Even Apple store sales told me it can't be done.
    6. in BB you don't need to "create" ringtones, any songs can be. The fact is that Apple ask you to pay to convert songs to ringtone is just makes it more complicated for average user to make it their own.
    Let's be honest, Apple is a great company, but a pain in the *** when it comes their restrictions. Everything I said requires you to jailbreak your phone. If we were comparing a stock iphone and bb, I wouldn't even bother trying to argue with you cause the stock iphone sucks. But after you jailbreak, you have SOOO many more options that it's really hard to compare the two devices.

10. You have to jailbreak your phone in order to download the programs from Cydia. Cydia is like the App Store, but with 3rd party applications. The copy and paste programs are called Clippy and hClipboard.
    9. Cydia isn't integrated into Mail. Read above for my description. But I know there are at least two or three programs available Cydia that lets you search through your mail/text/etc.
    8. Hmm well I just checked one of my emails with a number in the format (XXX) XXX-XXXX. It was highlighted in blue, and allowed me to click on it to call. Maybe we're thinking of different things?
    7. I don't think there's a one click delete all option. But you can click Edit under the Mail app, and then select the mail that you want to be deleted and mass delete that way.
    6. I do agree it can be a pain to create your own rington. But iRinger (Windows app) makes it so easy. You just import the song you want, edit which part of the song you'd like to make into a ringtong, and export it. The file will go into whichever folder you want, and be automatically added into itunes.

I have both an iphone and bb bold. And currently I'm definitely using my bb a lot more. The reason is because I love the keyboard. But as far as the software goes, I can't really say bb has an upperhand compare to the iphone. There are things that the iphone does much better, or are only slightly behind the bb.

If I were you, I'd jailbreak the iphone, and really take some time to explore what 3rd party applications are out there. While a jailbroken iphone may not completely replace your bold, it does make the comparison betweeen which one is better MUCH harder.
    01-25-09 06:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD