Im new to the whole blackberry thing Heres my question.....I got the tour 9630 and when I hit the lock button on the top left the screen goes black then comes back on and its not locked......How do I get it to stay locked and only unlock when I hit the lock button?
    04-28-10 09:57 AM
    Turn on standby mode
    If you are not on a call, you can turn on standby mode to avoid pressing keys accidentally when you are not using your BlackBerry� device.
    Hold the Mute key.
    To turn off standby mode, press the Mute key again.
    On the Home screen
    • To lock the keyboard, hold the asterisk (*) key. To unlock the keyboard, press the asterisk (*) key and the Send key.
    • To lock the device, set a password. Hold the asterisk (*) key. To unlock the device, type your password. Press the Enter key.
    I suspect you are confusing Standby and Lock.
    04-28-10 10:17 AM
    If you are on later versions of OS 5.0, the changed the lock button from the * to the "k" key (press it, don't hold it). You'll have to try both to figure out which you have.
    04-28-10 10:33 AM
    Also (at least with the Tour) later versions of the 5.0 build merged the lock and standby functions into one button instead of two. Where before pressing the button on the left locked the keyboard, and the one on the right put it into standby mode, now pressing the one on the left does the function of both.
    04-28-10 10:39 AM
    well I tried everyhting that you guys mentioned and nothing works.....when I hit the lock key(top left) the screen goes black for about 2 sec. but doesnt lock...I downloaded the new software and it used to lock fine before I did that
    04-28-10 11:15 AM
    So the screen goes black, but if you start typing on the keyboard, it begins to type out like dialing a number, even though the device is supposed to be locked?

When I press the lock key on my Tour, and then start pressing buttons, the screen lights up, tells me that the keyboard is locked, and to press the unlock button...
    04-28-10 11:41 AM
    the screen goes black for 2 sec. then automatically turns back on...It doesnt display locked and if I hit the keys it starts typing...when I hit the lock button its almost like it wants to lock but doesnt
    thanks
    04-28-10 11:46 AM
    the screen goes black for 2 sec. then automatically turns back on...It doesnt display locked and if I hit the keys it starts typing...when I hit the lock button its almost like it wants to lock but doesnt
    thanks
    Sorry, that's a totally different problem. Have you tried a battery pull?
    04-28-10 06:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD