I had an email problem on my BB 8330 where the email suddenly stopped being forwarded to my device. I called Verizon and they did something where they remove, then re-add my email address to the system and it worked. However, the person on the phone initially thought (wrongly) that my Gmail had too many emails and therefore, the BB system just couldn't get my emails forwarded over anymore. Now, I have over 20,000 Gmail emails in the account, but I have yet to have a problem. Therefore, unless I had known to ask them to do the delete/re-add trick, I'd be sitting here deleting gmail emails (or saving them to the HD) for no damn reason, and that pisses me off the VZW person was that wrong. Despite their incorrectness, my question: is this common, where an email box is "too full" to get emails? I've never really read about it on Crackberry.
    11-06-08 06:48 PM
    bump, c'mon, help a guy out
    11-06-08 11:03 PM
    Never heard of such a problem. Then again I think the most I have ever had was 18 emails on 3 different accounts at once. Not quite as popular as you. ; )
    11-06-08 11:13 PM
    I'm just sayin, I think it's either BS, or not something I'd have to worry about. Verizon customer service has this habit of reverting back to simplistic justifications that fit their understanding of things, even when in this case they were wrong, and in the future if I have a problem I do not want to get some hard-*** employee who refuses to change their mind.
    11-06-08 11:15 PM
    Never heard of anyone having this problem and I know of people who have a BB with several thousand messages in their G-Mail account
    11-07-08 02:56 AM
    Since only new messages get pushed to your device, it doesn't matter how many existing messages are in your Gmail account. Your device will delete its local copy of messages after 30 days (default), and will delete them sooner if it starts running out of memory (I haven't run into this, but there are plenty of threads about low memory and "things" disappearing).

It's unfortunate that customer service and/or tech support people will take something they don't understand, and transform it into something they do understand (albeit incorrect), just so they can give you an answer, or worse yet, just give you something time-consuming to do (i.e. cleanup your mailbox) that won't really help at all.
    11-08-08 08:51 AM
    Its been my experience with customer service people that their jobs are a little like the celebrities on Hollywood Squares. Meaning; They must answer the question with the fullest of confidence even if they ad lib an answer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-08 03:23 PM
    From a technical standpoint the amount of email sitting in the account really shouldn't be a problem with being able to send emails to the device ... the ones that sit there don't keep getting recent so it shouldn't even come close to being a problem.
    11-08-08 03:27 PM
    Its been my experience with customer service people that their jobs are a little like the celebrities on Hollywood Squares. Meaning; They must answer the question with the fullest of confidence even if they ad lib an answer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Great analogy!
    11-08-08 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD