Hello everyone,

I have been following this site for quite some time, very very informative, but never had the opportunity to post anything, usually I can find answers quite easily.

I searched but didn't find much regarding my question. It may seem like a stupid thing to consider but I just want to make sure I am not hurting my phone in any way.

My 8900 comes up with an "Uncaught Exception: java.lang.nullpointer" upon startup. This is the only case when I see this error. From what I've gathered an OS reinstall will do the trick, but it doesn't really bug me so I will just wait for the next OS to be released. I tried to uninstall a few recent apps to see if that would help. But to no avail. While messing with it though I must have reset it about 5-10 times in a rather short time. Is this in itself going to hurt my phone in any way? It's probably a stupid concern, but I just want to make sure I am not hurting my precious :P.

Thanks in advance and sorry about the rambling, It just tends to happen.
    06-02-09 05:10 PM
    Hello everyone,

I have been following this site for quite some time, very very informative, but never had the opportunity to post anything, usually I can find answers quite easily.

I searched but didn't find much regarding my question. It may seem like a stupid thing to consider but I just want to make sure I am not hurting my phone in any way.

My 8900 comes up with an "Uncaught Exception: java.lang.nullpointer" upon startup. This is the only case when I see this error. From what I've gathered an OS reinstall will do the trick, but it doesn't really bug me so I will just wait for the next OS to be released. I tried to uninstall a few recent apps to see if that would help. But to no avail. While messing with it though I must have reset it about 5-10 times in a rather short time. Is this in itself going to hurt my phone in any way? It's probably a stupid concern, but I just want to make sure I am not hurting my precious :P.

Thanks in advance and sorry about the rambling, It just tends to happen.

its not going to do much hurt to your phone.

The on off theory pertains more to things that get quite a bit hotter and also with moving parts..

such as a PC with a hard drive..

People will say its better to simply leave it on.

As far as your phone is concerned it will be just fine
    06-02-09 05:38 PM
    Hey thanks alot noaim, I figured that was the case, but after spending what I did on my 8900 I can never be too overly cautious :P.
    06-02-09 06:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD