So I go my first BB (8130) last week. When setting up my email on the phone itself, there was an option to input an existing email (gmail for example) and that was supposed to be it. So I put my gmail username and password in. Then, when I scrolled down, there was an option to set up a username@vzw.blackberry.net. So I did that too. Now I have both username@gmail.com and username@vzw.blackberry.net accounts on my phone. I am not sure if I need both of then (I am only looking to receive emails from gmail because I have all of my email forwarded to gmail).

1)Can I delete the username@vzw.blackberry.net account and still have my email work?
    2)What is the deal with setting up an account on vzn blackberry website?
    3)Is what I did on my phone equivalent to setting it up online?
    4)If so, how come I cant log into the online BIS account using the username@vzw.blackberry.net username and password I set up on my phone.

Sorry for all of the confusion.
    12-10-07 01:56 AM
    Theirs no requirement to have a blackberry.net email address, you can remove it if you wish you will just get your email from your gmail account then, what you did from your device is the same as setting it up online, and you cant login from your PC because of the security implemented into BIS 2.4 it has an auto login system from your BB, you can change the option by creating a username/password from your device, or you can call VZW to disable the auto login, therefore allowing you too login from your device and your PC as well.
    12-10-07 02:10 AM
    If I now delete the blackberry.net account, will my online bis account be affected in any way? Thanks.
    12-10-07 03:05 AM
    nope, no affect..totally seperate entity.
    12-10-07 03:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD