So today I'm noticing that in my business class out of about 20 people at least 5 people have curves. Now I live in a upper middle class area on long island and but I'm guessing this is probably a common sight across america. I honestly can't wait for the 9000 to come out just so I don't have the same phone as everyone else. Does anyone else see this trend?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-08 10:02 AM
    I see many more blackberries since the new pearl and curves have been released. Not just a business device anymore it seems!
    04-22-08 10:03 AM
    I don't see them much but they have expanded into the non-business market.
    04-22-08 10:21 AM
    I agree! I think MOST everyone should own a Berry! I think that RIM has done a great job in reaching out to everyone so its not just the corporate head wigs that have these devices!
    04-22-08 10:38 AM
    The Curve and the Pearl have helped RIM move into the mainstream market for sure. I just hope that they keep up the good work and get those CDMA Berries out just a little quicker LOL.!!!!!
    04-22-08 10:50 AM
    im all over the 9000 too. isee alot of pearls around here but not much of anything else.
    04-22-08 11:53 AM
    I am glad to see that there are many more blackberries out there. If there is more of a demand, I would imagine more software and options would be more avaiable to uses.
    04-22-08 12:49 PM
    Atleast u guys are lucky that u see people using blackberry... I am yet to see a business BB User in India here... So, when I get one, I RULE

What irritates me even more is that they think their Nokia N73 is the best thing that happened to their business life...
    04-22-08 01:56 PM
    i see more pearls than curves, but every curve owner i've seen always seems so happy! lol i wouldnt have any other phone but the 9XXX. cant wait!
    04-22-08 02:24 PM
    I see more curves.
    04-22-08 02:33 PM
    I only know one person who owns a BB and that's the co-worker that I convinced to get one. I hardly, if ever, see anyone using one where I live. But then again I don't get out much and certainly not now that I have my crackberry.
    04-22-08 02:48 PM
    I see berries EVERYWHERE!

I think BB owns my offices when it comes to the Smartphone competition.

04-22-08 02:50 PM
    I work in the Roosevelt field mall on long island and I looked around and I have to say that at least 40+% of the phones I saw today were blackberries its astonishing

04-22-08 03:10 PM
    i see tons of 'em. especially when winter/spring basketball season rolls around. parents everywhere... blackberrys everywhere.
    04-22-08 03:26 PM
    I don't mind seeing lots of people with BB's around. Its good tht people are realising the greatness of a BB.

You like being the only one with something huh?

04-22-08 03:29 PM
    5 of my coworkers have bbs and I influenced them to get them,4 pearls and a curve!

04-22-08 03:33 PM
    I don't mind seeing lots of people with BB's around. Its good tht people are realising the greatness of a BB.

You like being the only one with something huh?

Yes...

I like it when people go ohh hey what is that and I like explaining stuff its no fun when im like yea and i get push emails..and they're like ohh yea i set up my personal account a month ago, damn thing never stops.
    04-22-08 08:54 PM
    now with curves available for free, you'll be seeing more of us!!!

Muh-hahahahahahahaaaaaa

(that was my evil laugh)
    04-22-08 08:56 PM
    I've always seen a lot of them at work (I've always worked in a corporate environment), but what's new is that I see people on the bus that clearly do not work in a corporate environment (too young, etc.) that have berries. It's like they're everywhere
    04-22-08 09:02 PM
    i will know blackberries have become too mainstream when they offer them on a lifeline (for those that don't know its a welfare phone-$1 a month=1200 mins). Nothing makes me more mad than those damn lifeline phones! If I had a dollar for every welfare mom I met that just broke/lost her lifeline phone... "I lost my phone at the club...". Wasting my tax dollars is what is happening!

Sorry for the rant and rave everyone. We just paid taxes again. Wasting our hard earned money kind of gets me riled up, you know.

They're okay for elderly, but too many prole totally take advantage of them.

04-22-08 10:27 PM
    So today I'm noticing that in my business class out of about 20 people at least 5 people have curves. Now I live in a upper middle class area on long island and but I'm guessing this is probably a common sight across america. I honestly can't wait for the 9000 to come out just so I don't have the same phone as everyone else. Does anyone else see this trend?

You don't actually believe that you will be the only one with a 9000 do you?
    04-23-08 09:33 AM
    You don't actually believe that you will be the only one with a 9000 do you?
    Shhhhh.....

Don't step on his dream
    04-23-08 09:52 AM
    So far, mine has been the only BB I've seen, give or take the occassional business person. I guess it hasn't caught on here.

04-23-08 10:06 AM
    I din't see any BB. I guess cause I am to focused on my own.
    04-23-08 10:17 AM
    The BB is still to expensive here so not many people have them.
    Also you have to have a postpaid account and sign up for BIS so this deters people from getting a BB since most people here are prepaid fone holders.

04-23-08 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD