I am getting tons of junk pushed to my curve even tho it is blocked as junk mail on outlook. Any ideas how to fix this from BB side?
    Thank you fellow junkies
    08-01-08 01:05 PM
    I am getting tons of junk pushed to my curve even tho it is blocked as junk mail on outlook. Any ideas how to fix this from BB side?
    Thank you fellow junkies
    Your email is not pushed from your outlook email. It comes from the server of the email. I am taking this is web-based i.e., yahoo, gmal etc... You will have to block the junk mail or whatever on the actual email account. So login into on the web and then set your restriction there.
    08-01-08 01:09 PM
    so I should set my restrictions on the Blackberry email system?
    08-01-08 01:11 PM
    What he is saying is to put the restrictions on at the source.

From example... If I have my Yahoo mail set up in Outlook, I would have to log in to mail.yahoo.com and set the filters rather than setting the filters/restrictions in Outlook. Your BB is getting the junk straight from the email provider, not Outlook.

Are you on a BES?
    08-01-08 01:13 PM
    yes I am on BES
    08-01-08 01:18 PM
    then next thing,how can I mark them as junk before deleting them off my curve?
    08-01-08 01:21 PM
    then next thing,how can I mark them as junk before deleting them off my curve?
    Log onto your yahoo mail on the web and going into junk mail filters. There you will be able to select where it goes. I have mine to go right into the trash so it never reaches my device.
    08-01-08 01:26 PM
    I am not using yahoo...is that who BB uses?
    08-01-08 01:29 PM
    I blocked mine at my email server..still coming thru
    08-01-08 01:42 PM
    I blocked mine at my email server..still coming thru
    Well who is your email account with? If it's not yahoo or whatever then who?
    08-01-08 01:46 PM
    I set outlook.
    Create new rule to delete from server.
    This way it never gets to either your PC or Berry.

=8'} *hick*

See you at the bar later

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-08 01:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD