Hi Everyone-

I posted this in the 8130 forum before I found this GPS dedicated one. New to the forum (1st post), but lots of great info for someone who has just switched over after years with a Treo (600, 650, 700p - all with Verizon).

My question is I have a Tom Tom GPS receiver that I purchased bundled with the Tom Tom software for my Treo and I am curious as to whether or not there is a way to link up the GPS reviever to use with my new 8130? I know the software will not be compatible, but is there anyway to get this to work with either Google Maps, the pre loaded maps app, or a 3rd party app that I don't know about?

It would be a shame to not be able to use that receiver anymore. Any help is much appreciated. Love being with the Blackberry again, glad to see how far they have come while Palm rested on their laurels!

Andrew
    01-17-08 01:12 PM
    Shouldn't be a problem pairing to any bluetooth gps receiver. I bought the TomTom Smartphone package from Palm for use on my 700p but am using the gps receiver with my Curve now.

Pairing was simple and both GoogleMaps and Nav4All get the coordinates from it when it's on. When it's off, GoogleMaps falls back to the cell tower triangulation approach. Until I get a BB with builtin gps, this arrangement works great for me.
    01-17-08 08:17 PM
    Awesome, that's exactly what I was hoping would be the case.

Thanks for the response!
    01-18-08 12:45 PM
    How can I connect my TOMTOM to my 7520 Blackberry? Need a patch?
    03-01-08 12:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD