I just ordered a GPS unit for my car. I have an 8320, so I don't have the functionality on my phone. I thought it would be cool to have, so it is in the mail.
    It has a Bluetooth Handfree function. Has anyone ever synched with one before? I am just wondering how easy/hard it will be to make it work.
    12-31-07 05:27 PM
    I have this... same basic thing.
    https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=135&pID=414

It works Great! Easy to connect, and once it has, it will transfer your address book over so it will be there when you need to make a call.
    I love the hands free in the truck, but when on the bike, a Blue Tooth ear set just doesn't work well. To much noise. Others use this with a mic, and ear buds, and it work quite well.
    01-17-08 08:16 AM
    How can I over-ride the Blackberry's refgusal to connect to my TOMTOM?
    03-01-08 12:55 PM
    I am not at all happy that I can't connect my 8830 with my TomTom GO 720. I'll keep looking for a way though. It seems that many Garmin users had to downgrade their version of Bluetooth from 3.0 to 2.4. Maybe matching up Bluetooth vresions will help with compatibility.

--zbert
    03-17-08 10:03 PM
    Have you gone to the TomTom site and also have you registered and put the TomTom home onto your computer.

I use to use a GO300 till it was stolen. Now I have the One XL/s. I have not tried to pair it with my phone yet. So I am not sure if there is a compatibility issue.
    I find that the extra money for the plus service is not worth it. 1010WIns and News radio 88 have given me updates faster then TomTom when I used the service for the first year free with the GO 300.

Also BB maps and Google have a pretty concise Traffic and Road work updater.
    03-19-08 06:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD