05-15-08 11:14 AM
- Hey all. I was just browsing some stuff online and evidently tmo has released new service books that fix the problem with mms that we've all been complaining about. I just resent my books and what do ya know? It works again! Hope you all have the same luck!
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com05-06-08 06:55 PM
- um...i think it was a forum on another blackberry site. I can't remember, I just googled the problem since I was fed up with it not working again. I looked in my service books and had just the mms config one, people were saying that mms config 2.0 had been released on or around april 30th. I deleted the old one, went to my-tmobile and resent the service books and within 20 minutes, i was back up and running.
Also, just so you know, google maps 2.1.0 is also out. No release news or change logs or anything, but its out and Im liking it so far.
Mv05-07-08 09:42 AM
- If you have tmobile you go into advanced options and then down to service books. Find your old one, mms config and delete it. Then go online to tmobile, log into my tmobile, then on the bottom and select set up internet email. On the left side of that page hit send service books I believe and they will send. It took about 15 minutes after a battery pull for it to start working.
I'm a newb too, but hey I figured it out and it works for me now! Best of luck!
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com05-07-08 12:23 PM
- I have a unlocked 8300 curve, will this work on mine too? I called tmo yesterday and they said that they dont support the 8300? I dont have email setup so is there another way I can download the new service books? is there a way of doing it thru the desktop manager on to the phone? or can I download it to my computer and then transfer it via mini usb to the curve? where can I find the new service books?05-15-08 10:49 AM
- it says I have MMS 2.0 currently, and just yesterday I had to do a battery pull to get my MMS working again. I've actually had t-mobile support tell me that turning the phone off, and back on, ala battery pull, helped because priority is given to people who've most recently registered with the network, and I was told to do it once every couple days It sounds like utter malarky, but at the same time perhaps an element of truth.
Still, I'll delete it and resend the books just to see what happens. It can't hurt.05-15-08 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD