Is anybody else tired of leaks and dev alpha BB10 devices and not really knowing what or when BB10 will come out? Well I am!! We have been waiting for BB10 for a long time now, and it's really annoying not being able to get our hands on the real BB10 or knowing what the final product will look and be like!.. It's almost like having a Christmas present and you know what it is, but you can't open it and you aren't 100% sure what it is but you have a good idea of what it is. All I'm saying is I'm over the supposed this and that, I just want to see the real thing already!!! Can we at least get an official release date.. Come on RIM! I don't like being teased..
    10-19-12 12:21 AM
    completely agree, I just want a release date or an updated bb10 teaser. I can't wait till marketing begins but seriously a release date would be greatso I could begin a countdown!!!
    10-19-12 12:42 AM
    my sentiments exactly
    10-19-12 12:49 AM
    It just seems all this BB10 is talk and speculation.. nothing tangible.. I'd rather not here about it until the real official details are known. And right now it is all still up in the air...
    10-19-12 01:06 AM
    This is why I gave up on BB. Tired of carrying around a phone that's 2 yrs behind everyone else. And still have an 8 months wait for the next update that was announced 6 months ago.. . When an update is announced for Android, sometimes its only a matter of days before its available. I already got an update for my ASUS Tab that was just announced 2 days ago. And I just upgraded my phone with an OS that was announced 2 weeks ago. RIM announces new hardware/software and you have to wait 18 months to get your hands on it...To make matters worse, you have to read the reviews during that time telling you how great it is. I truly hope BB users end up getting what they want. Personally, I got tired of waiting
    10-19-12 01:08 AM
    This is why I gave up on BB. Tired of carrying around a phone that's 2 yrs behind everyone else. And still have an 8 months wait for the next update that was announced 6 months ago.. . When an update is announced for Android, sometimes its only a matter of days before its available. I already got an update for my ASUS Tab that was just announced 2 days ago. And I just upgraded my phone with an OS that was announced 2 weeks ago. RIM announces new hardware/software and you have to wait 18 months to get your hands on it...To make matters worse, you have to read the reviews during that time telling you how great it is. I truly hope BB users end up getting what they want. Personally, I got tired of waiting
    That's what's irritating is that RIM will say something but not follow through with it.. They either take a long time to come through with it or they don't live up to the hype.. I hear the talk about BB10, but who knows how it will be or when it will debut.. It's all about satisfying the customers and RIM does not do a good job of that.. Android and Apple are both successful companies because they satisfy their users. They have product that is better than good enough and they make sure it works well! I'm excited about BB10, but it just seems it isn't real yet because all I hear are rumors about it.. So we are all left wondering..
    10-19-12 01:26 AM
    It's real... it's on the Developer Devices, and RIM has had problems meeting deadlines that they set themselves, so I think they've turned over a new leaf and have learned to not announce specific or even vague dates. "Q1 2013" is what we have so far, so that's between January and March. Imagine the outrage if they said January 20th, and they couldn't meet the deadline? Or if they met the deadline but BB10 was missing stuff still? Q1 gives us some idea as to when BB10 is coming, while allowing RIM some room to be nonspecific.

And I'd rather wait til March if it means that BB10 is FULLY READY to go, with nothing missing, like when they launched the PlayBook and native email and other things were missing and didn't come until months later, after people had written the PlayBook off as being a flop. RIM can't afford another sh1tty launch like that, this is their big one and I'd love BB10 to be out tomorrow, but I'd much rather them get it right and get back on top.
    kozmo68 likes this.
    10-19-12 01:46 AM
    It just seems all this BB10 is talk and speculation.. nothing tangible.. I'd rather not here about it until the real official details are known. And right now it is all still up in the air...
    While I agree, the "small" leaks can be annoying.. why bother looking for the info if you don't want the small leaks? Don't bother looking for news, instead .. just go about your business and come back in 2013 or just stroll on into a carrier and be surprised, lol. RIM isn't gonna drop all their goodies ahead of time.. in fact, it would be ridiculously stupid of them to do so, so ya might as well just get over thinking they will and take it all or nothing.
    10-19-12 02:06 AM
    "Q1 2013" is what we have so far, so that's between January and March. Imagine the outrage if they said January 20th, and they couldn't meet the deadline?
    BB10 has been the topic of discussion for well over a year. Last year BB10 was going to hit the streets the middle of this year. Then it was pushed to Q4 this year.. .now Q1 NEXT year. That's nearly 2 years of waiting. With a phone you're probably not all that happy with, or you wouldn't be anticipating the new phone so much. That's the length of an entire contract. ..when put into those terms, it actually IS as bad as it sounds
    10-19-12 02:30 AM
    BB10 has been the topic of discussion for well over a year. Last year BB10 was going to hit the streets the middle of this year. Then it was pushed to Q4 this year.. .now Q1 NEXT year. That's nearly 2 years of waiting. With a phone you're probably not all that happy with, or you wouldn't be anticipating the new phone so much. That's the length of an entire contract. ..when put into those terms, it actually IS as bad as it sounds
    What's your point? If BB10 is not done, it's not done. Whatever happened under the old co-CEO RIM can't be changed.
    10-19-12 03:23 AM
    What's your point? If BB10 is not done, it's not done. Whatever happened under the old co-CEO RIM can't be changed.
    The point is, many people got tired of waiting for a great OS. RIM lost a boatload of loyal users in the last 18 months. It was "right around the corner", but after nearly 2 years, its still right around the corner. And after reading the specs and watching the various leaks of BB10 devices, they won't set the world on fire when they FINALLY become available. I was considering switching back to BB at some point, but not now. Several CURRENTLY available Android devices have better specs than BB�s "6 months from now" phones.
    10-19-12 08:34 AM
    Patience isn't called a virtue for nothin. Its middle of October now, hopefully it will be out in January. There's gotta be more to life than a phone, even though BB10 does look damn sweet!
    Neely2005 likes this.
    10-19-12 09:20 AM
    The point is, many people got tired of waiting for a great OS. RIM lost a boatload of loyal users in the last 18 months. It was "right around the corner", but after nearly 2 years, its still right around the corner. And after reading the specs and watching the various leaks of BB10 devices, they won't set the world on fire when they FINALLY become available. I was considering switching back to BB at some point, but not now. Several CURRENTLY available Android devices have better specs than BB�s "6 months from now" phones.
    I heard you the first time. So essentially, you're just here to complain then; you don't plan on getting a BB10 phone anyways, since you're so fixated on the (unofficial) specs of the phone, rather than the fact that RIM is launching a new platform.

I could understand if you were calling for change, but that's already happened in the form of new management. Like I already mentioned, the co-CEOs responsible for all the delays are gone. I say all the delays, because Heins wasn't the one that announced the end of 2012 release date for BB10. I can't find any way of blaming the new CEO for not being able to meet the deadline set by previous CEOs when those two were let go partly because they set deadlines that they couldn't meet, or they rushed half-baked products to market.

But anyways, have fun complaining about something you don't even plan on getting.
    Last edited by Masahiro; 10-19-12 at 09:42 AM.
    esk369, SK122387 and Neely2005 like this.
    10-19-12 09:32 AM
    1) it;s easier to develop and release an update for an OS that exists already... BB10 was built from scratch like i said before..
    2) ur most recent post said bb10 has been delayed for 2 years... i don't think that's true cause the 9900 hasn't even been out for 2 years yet.. bb10 was announced last year!

and for people that don;t like LEAKS.. DONT LOOK!!! for me i think previews that CB is doing is great.. it keeps people excited about what;s coming.. it shows RIM is making progress.. imagine they just TALKED about it??

you would all be shooting them down saying "ohh come on i am sick of them just TALKING about it.. just show me some pictures" then they show you pictures and ur like "oh mann come on i am sick of pictures.. show me some video" and then they show you video and u say "ohh mann come onnn RIMM .. me want now! release DATE!!!!"

3) what makes BB10 2 years behind? please tell me! have u used it? no! have u seen it in person? no! do you know what hardware it has? no! then u have no valid argument to say that BB10 is 2 years behind..

I ABSOLUTELY HATE it when people base their opinions about RIM from the PAST.. stop living in the PAST And stop bringing up crap in the PAST.. you can't change it!! why not look forward to the future and what Thorsten has done thus far in the 9 months he's been CEO? a lot of things have changed from the core!

before you call me a fanboy... i use a Samsung Galaxy S3 ... and i am still waiting for my Official Jelly Bean Update! i don't complain cause it's only been like 5 months since they annouced jelly bean.... but unfortunately people CANNOT wait and like a day is too long to wait for an update or a new phone! kinda sad if u ask me!
    10-19-12 09:39 AM
    i think leaks are good cause it show progress .. but unfortunately people have no life then to wait for phones and updates!

IF YOU HATE LEAKS DON'T LOOK AT THEM!

imagine RIM only talked about it at BBJAM americas? "oh come on RIM stop talking about it, show us some pictures"... then they show you pictures... "oh mann come on I AM SICK of pictures.. show me some video!!!" they show you video and even a dev alpha device with actual BB10 running... "oh mann RIM i am SICK of these videos... RELEASE DATE PLEASE!!!"

like seriously?? that pathetic! how about YOU go try and make an OS for a phone from scratch in less then 6 months and release it in PERFECT GOLD EDITION with no bugs, carrier testing, and get all the hardware lined up! GO NOW do it i am waiting...
    10-19-12 09:47 AM
    Even though the QNX kernel has been around for a while, the UI and APIs didn't exist. Just look at PlayBook OS 1.0 and everything it didn't include. It has just taken them longer to get all of the APIs included so developers can create apps for the platform.

If you look at the changes between PlayBook OS versions, as well as the changes between Dev Alpha updates, there have been a lot of changes, especially since the release of 10.0.9. From a consumer standpoint, I can see how the changes without an official release can be frustrating. From a developer perspective, the changes coming out are very welcome, and make getting apps ready for the release better. Hopefully, at least one more beta comes out before the official release so that any remaining APIs become available for development.

I think there would be a bigger complaint if BB10 came out missing features, like when PlayBook 1.0 hit the market.
    mzceetee and kozmo68 like this.
    10-19-12 10:26 AM
    I don't like the waiting either. That being said I rather have a solid device on launch than something half baked.

Watching the videos is only making me jealous but by the time the units arrive we will know how to operate them.

For the guy claiming that android updates come fast. Seriously? Android is awful a t updating. I have the nexus 7 and their 4.1.2 update just arrived on my N7. If it is a samsung better luck, a htc not as much luck, a motorola you may or you may not get anything and if you are told you will get it, it is still subject to change and forget lg. And rooting should not be the answer to getting the latest update. I prefer android over apple for a personal device, but to say that android updates fast is an illusion.

Iphone is the only one that updates on time. But then you only get partial updates if your handset is more than a year old.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    sf49ers and Neely2005 like this.
    10-19-12 10:56 AM
    The point is, many people got tired of waiting for a great OS. RIM lost a boatload of loyal users in the last 18 months. It was "right around the corner", but after nearly 2 years, its still right around the corner. And after reading the specs and watching the various leaks of BB10 devices, they won't set the world on fire when they FINALLY become available. I was considering switching back to BB at some point, but not now. Several CURRENTLY available Android devices have better specs than BB’s "6 months from now" phones.
    It's not all about specs.

Says BlackBerry CEO, "We're not in the spec race... we're in the experience race" | CrackBerry.com
    kozmo68 likes this.
    10-19-12 12:12 PM
    This is what everyone says when they're trying to justify the lower specs of their upcoming devices. Specs are what generate sales..HTC has a 1080p quad core phone right now, that's getting rave reviews. In 4 or 5 months from now, RIM will have difficulty getting many people to spend money on a dual core BB10 device. When it comes to high end 3D graphics, quad core processing is a requirement, not a luxury. By this time next year, BB10 owners will be cursing RIM for not giving them quad core.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    10-19-12 01:31 PM
    Here are some sane comments about specs: My phone is bigger than yours. So what? | ZDNet

Executive summary:
    So what are the things to focus on when comparing phones? The scenarios the operating system allows and the applications available.

Examples would be the way social networks are meshed together on Windows Phone, the sheer number of useful apps on iPhone, and the customizability of Android phones.

Why bother talking about specs?

Here he might have mentioned some good points about the current BBOS, but in any case "The scenarios the operating system allows and the applications available" is a pretty good way to think about what matters.
    esk369 likes this.
    10-19-12 01:48 PM
    It's very possible the reason we are not seeing a flood is because there isn't enough water for one....
    ...I think with as much as RIM knows is riding on having Netflix and Skype.
    ...If BBX was going to have it they would have already blasted that news all over.

Instead, we see lots of demos on "peek and flow"....

Now, I'm a big fan of the U.I. on the Playbook and I think the peek and flow is an outstanding idea...
    ...I've bought three Playbooks with the last 64GB one being a gamble that RIM gets Netflix and Skype.
    ...I'm starting to wonder if that was a smart gamble!
    10-19-12 04:18 PM
    I was considering switching back to BB at some point, but not now. Several CURRENTLY available Android devices have better specs than BB’s "6 months from now" phones.
    I'm confused then.... So if you're not coming back, why bother complaining about RIM? I know its a free country and all but just curious as to why waste the energy?? I am a user, I went from a 9800 to a 9860 last year, and I am waiting for BB10! I think if anyone should be complaining it would be people like me but when it gets here it will get here.. Would I like it now, absolutely! but at the end of the day I want it when it's fully polished and ready to rock the house.. RIM is bring together a boat load of elements and even though they continue to polish the OS, I think part of the delay, is that they want to ensure that BB10 launches with a tonne of Apps that people are going to need and more importantly want.. That is going to be the real test, the OS is just one piece of the pie..

and Yes the leaks are painful to watch, but with every leak I countdown one day closer to getting my hands on BB10..
    esk369 likes this.
    10-19-12 04:53 PM
    While I agree, the "small" leaks can be annoying.. why bother looking for the info if you don't want the small leaks? Don't bother looking for news, instead .. just go about your business and come back in 2013 or just stroll on into a carrier and be surprised, lol. RIM isn't gonna drop all their goodies ahead of time.. in fact, it would be ridiculously stupid of them to do so, so ya might as well just get over thinking they will and take it all or nothing.
    It's easier said then done.. It's difficult waiting since I'm a crackberry AbuSeR! constantly checking for new updates about BlackBerry lol.. But you are right, it is smart for RIM to hold off until the device is final and ready to debut!.. I value your opinion and point of view Bla1ze since you are honest and not just a biased BlackBerry fan.. lol I just hope RIM really comes through this time and proves what they say...
    10-19-12 05:10 PM
    I didn't say that the delay wasn't bad...I said imagine the outrage (additional outrage) if they were to miss yet another deadline...

I was just as annoyed as everyone else when they announced on that earnings call that BB10 won't be out til Q1 of next year. And next year is less than 10 weeks away...
    esk369 likes this.
    10-19-12 05:57 PM
    This is what everyone says when they're trying to justify the lower specs of their upcoming devices. Specs are what generate sales..HTC has a 1080p quad core phone right now, that's getting rave reviews. In 4 or 5 months from now, RIM will have difficulty getting many people to spend money on a dual core BB10 device. When it comes to high end 3D graphics, quad core processing is a requirement, not a luxury. By this time next year, BB10 owners will be cursing RIM for not giving them quad core.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Aren't you the same guy that got schooled on the Android Central forums about the PlayBook vs Nexus 7? Something about how your mighty quad-core N7 is only useful for 1.5 apps at a time and you were baffled and actually called the comment the most unintelligent thing you'd ever seen. So the original poster had to explain it to you and he made you look pretty foolish? If you aren't him, then sorry. you both have a very similar name and the same display picture. It was pretty hilarious, though. But yeah, like that guy explained to you (or he at least tried to explain to you). RIM's new OS is pretty awesome. Your quad-core Android can't do what a dual core PlayBook will do in terms of multitasking. Why do you think that is? Maybe it is because RIM's new OS makes much better use of the available hardware than the monolithic Android OS does. While consumers love to look at fancy specs, it doesn't really seem to help Android devices in real life use. Haven't you noticed that Android devices with the latest and greatest specs still develop lag a few months after you've bought them?
    10-19-12 06:08 PM
39 12