I have a Bold and I have grown tired of the freeze ups and the horrible updates that have been put out by RIM. My phone is only 1.5 yrs old and although I have been a BB user for 7 yrs now I have never had this many issues with all my other BB as I am having with this one. My Playbook is really just a portal for internet when I am on the road and nothing else. Games are horrible and it sits around collecting dust when I am not on the road.
    As well I use to have 32 contacts in my phone that used BBM but no longer as they are all using the IPHONE now because they have had nothing but issues with their BB. As much as I love my BB I just cannot imagine me getting another one after this. The wife has had an IPHONE 3,4,and 4s now and she has never had issues.

My question is:
    1. when is RIM going to do something and if they are I wish they would do something very quick?

I have heard from 4 stores now selling the 9900 in particular Bell Mobility who I subscribe to that the 9900 is horrible and they have had numerous ones returned because of problems. Two of the stores told me to stay away from it.
    joehack likes this.
    11-12-11 07:49 PM
    No way!!! You're tired of BlackBerry!!! My gosh, what are you going to do!?!? What will your wife do as she seems satisfied with her phones made by another company!?! What will happen given all the information you provided us!?!?!
    AZ87, Jake Storm, Guatiao and 1 others like this.
    11-12-11 07:57 PM
    Bullcrap best phone i ever had. android and icrap have there plus but this phone is awesome and is of the highest quality.
    I dont know what to say other than it sounds like your just tired of the platform & looking for reasons to jump, nothing wrong with that at all. I have a 9930 & wouldnt dream of jumping now, love this phone
    Snap51 likes this.
    as long as your 9900 doesnt brick i think you will find most people think its the best BB ever made by a pretty big margin
    grover5 and maddie1128 like this.
    11-12-11 08:00 PM
    I have not heard that the 9900 is an awful phone, but I'm AT&T and thy just started to offer it. Guess time will tell. Try something else if you choose, but I plan on buying the 9900 soon.
    11-12-11 08:00 PM
    Maybe u all havent got jvm error. Many people alredy got jvm error. Os7 sucks os6 is more better than os7
    11-12-11 08:04 PM
    A bad experience with a phone can sour you on the brand. My youngest had a 9330 and absolutely loved it until the third day when it started rebooting and wiping itself in an endless cycle.

Got the phone replaced and had no problems but he just didn't trust BB anymore. So before his trial period was up we went back and exchanged it for an LG Optimus S. He loves the phone but still misses the physical keyboard.
    11-12-11 08:08 PM
    Sorry you've had a bad experience. All gadgets have their issues. If you still want to stick with BlackBerry then I'd consider the 9900. I haven't tried it, but regardless of its bricking issues, I've heard it's the best BlackBerry out there right now.

I have an iPhone4S and it's a beautiful device. Since your wife has an iPhone, it might be a good idea to give one a try since you can iMessage each other and play games together if you're interested in that.

Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk!
    11-12-11 08:18 PM
    OP,
    Why don't you try the iPhone or one of the many Androids. If they do what you want them to do then they would be a keeper.
    No reason to hang on to something that gives you so much problem.
    I don't like Hyundais, guess what, I don't even walk into the showrooms to see what they offer. I know that they are not for me.
    mud314 likes this.
    11-12-11 08:20 PM
    Did anybody happen to take note of the Bold he's had for 1.5 years?

OP, the older devices are a different world from what you have now, and if you give one a whirl, they are comparable to the other devices unless games or media are your priority.

I could ask you what 'Bold'. You have and what you've done OS-wise to improve your experience. Might be a little more productive than just giving people an opportunity for flaming. At 1.5 years, you may also have a battery that needs to be replaced. That alone can cause a ton of lagging and freeze-ups.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 11-12-11 at 08:46 PM.
    11-12-11 08:33 PM
    ^ I don't see where the OP was flaming? Is it a crime to have a complaint?
    Rickroller likes this.
    11-12-11 08:35 PM
    I really do not understand why people feel the need to recite the same story over and over on how they dislike BBs and how every other phone BUT BBs are perfect.

1) If you post your PERSONAL frustrations here, its not like things are gonna get better, for you.

2) You do realize that no one cares about this, right? One thing is having constructive critique, one thing is plain out whining about A phone.

3) If you have issues with A phone, and absolutely can not stand it... CHANGE THE PHONE!

I say mods should be allowed to delete these kind of threads.
    AZ87, Foppa_21, shemaree09 and 1 others like this.
    11-12-11 08:39 PM
    Try installing a shrinked version of .668 OS 6 on your 9700. I think you will enjoy the results.
    Guatiao likes this.
    11-12-11 08:43 PM
    Time to upgrade Pal!...I'm on rogers...Had my 9900 for almost 2 months now with no software issue...My 9700 was also freezing up on me but i didn't give up...Best move i have made...Loving the bigger keypad and touchscreen and the new os7...
    11-12-11 08:43 PM
    I honestly suggest to change your phone. your happiness is the most important factor in choosing one. But don't go with an iPhone4s + iOS5...bad combination. iOS 5.1 would limit the processor speed in exchange for longer battery life. Get a TORCH!!!
    11-12-11 08:47 PM
    ^ I don't see where the OP was flaming? Is it a crime to have a complaint?
    As written, it was not intended to infer the OP was flaming, but rather setting himself up to be flamed.

11-12-11 08:49 PM
    I honestly suggest to change your phone. your happiness is the most important factor in choosing one. But don't go with an iPhone4s + iOS5...bad combination. iOS 5.1 would limit the processor speed in exchange for longer battery life. Get a TORCH!!!
    Have you tried the iPhone4S? Have you owned one in the month it's been out? Maybe you shouldn't tell someone NOT to get a particular phone (whether it be iPhone, Android, or BB) if you haven't even tried it.

No battery life issues for me. It's not an issue every user is experiencing. Yes, there are a lot having problems, but not everyone.
    11-12-11 08:51 PM
    Have you tried the iPhone4S? Have you owned one in the month it's been out? Maybe you shouldn't tell someone NOT to get a particular phone (whether it be iPhone, Android, or BB) if you haven't even tried it.

No battery life issues for me. It's not an issue every user is experiencing. Yes, there are a lot having problems, but not everyone.

Some are having problems and some are not admitting it!!!
    Me and my classmates lined up for the iPhone 4s because local TV was covering it. As with most iPhone release day buyers, we wanted to be on TV. I bought one for my sister. Why would i use one? what do you think of me a FOOL!
    11-12-11 08:56 PM
    I take none of these comments as flaming, I want everyones opinion especially those that have the 9900. The wifes IPHONE 4s is great shes had it a month but I am not a IPHONE type guy hence why I like my BB. My issue is with all the problems with the Bold 9700 I am having and that everyone else is having, then hearing from Bell reps about the issues they see and have with the 9900's, it makes me extremly hesitant to get a 9900. I have read here in the forums the 9900 is great with OS 7 and a huge improvement over OS6. I see more negative aspects with staying with the BB than jumping ship to the IPHONE. Not that I am convinced IPHONE is the answer but like I said tired of the 3 hard reboots a week because my phone freezes up.
    Also yes I have contacted Bell support and went through updating the software as well I have the one battery that came with it and a second one that is new and both have the same issues.
    11-12-11 10:08 PM
    Not that I am convinced IPHONE is the answer but like I said tired of the 3 hard reboots a week because my phone freezes up.
    Try 1. Backup everything 2. Device security wipe 3. Fresh OS install and restore of data.

My fiancee's Tour was starting to have random reboots. This fixed it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Guatiao likes this.
    11-12-11 10:31 PM
    Try 1. Backup everything 2. Device security wipe 3. Fresh OS install and restore of data.
    May I add to this suggestion that you can try a hybrid OS? I have used several on my 9700, most of them with favorable results.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-12-11 10:40 PM
    My issue is with all the problems with the Bold 9700 I am having and that everyone else is having...
    See, this is what I mean... What are you talking about? Just because YOUR 9700 was faulty, it does not mean EVERYONE's was! My 9700, had it when it first came out, still works great (fingers crossed). So seriously, get a grip on reality and start thinking before posting and making silly claims. And I am being nice now...

...then hearing from Bell reps about the issues they see and have with the 9900's, it makes me extremly hesitant to get a 9900.
    Well, what do you know.. .Bell reps, if THEY say it... well F ME then it MUST BE TRUE!

Is this guy trying to be taken seriously?

Try the phone, if you dislike it, I am sure you have a return period date.
    WOOOOW! That sounds nuts don't it!
    11-13-11 12:20 AM
    Hey OP, what OS are you on? If you're not sure, type the word "myver" (without the quotes) into an email or something on your BlackBerry and hit space. It'll look something like 9650/6.0.0.650.

11-13-11 12:55 AM
    By hard reboots do you mean battery pulls?
    If so I do a battery pull every night b4 bed and my 9650 works fine.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    11-13-11 07:44 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD