My point was that Crackberry used to be full of posts about iPhone/Android users being sheep. I don't ever see that anymore. Now everyone keeps posting about how bb10 users must be sheep because they are supposedly blindly following BlackBerry instead of wanting to switch.

Posted via CB10
    Phonigious tolerance?
    That contravenes the idea of a phan phorum... ;-D

I kid... (you not, or what..?!?)

:-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    01-11-16 05:45 PM
    So, what's the purpose of saying "Mine doesn't do that?" other than to come to the defense of the product. Does it really add to the discussion?

Imagine a Toyota forum where someone starts a thread that says "I had to get my starter replaced after only 20K miles."..."Reply: Mine's working fine." Neighborhood watch forum - "Someone's been breaking into cars at night"..."Reply: It hasn't happened to me."
    01-11-16 06:09 PM
    So, what's the purpose of saying "Mine doesn't do that?" other than to come to the defense of the product. Does it really add to the discussion?

Imagine a Toyota forum where someone starts a thread that says "I had to get my starter replaced after only 20K miles."..."Reply: Mine's working fine." Neighborhood watch forum - "Someone's been breaking into cars at night"..."Reply: It hasn't happened to me."
    That's kind of what I was getting at. I dared to say on several posts that the browser does not work well for me for some websites like CNN and ESPN, even locking up when I use ESPN practically every time, and I would prefer an app even if it didn't because apps tend to be more user friendly and without all the embedded videos and ads. Instead of help or troubleshooting, I got "mine works fine." Or, I get derided and the browser versus app discussion inevitable starts.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 06:24 PM

Toyota forums for owners and enthusiasts - Search Results for Mine's working fine

You're ignoring the fact it's often a common reply to 'Is anyone else having this problem?'

Carp tax:

Tired of all the carping!-carp.jpg
    kbz1960, Ronindan, gebco and 2 others like this.
    01-11-16 06:35 PM

Why would anyone be defensive just because people say their phone doesn't have the same problem? I would want to know if it is just my phone or a known common problem. Some issues may be unique to a specific phone, some are OS version specific, some may happen over a certain period of time.

Calling BS is another story, but I would want as much information as possible to solve the problem, and that would include people who had the issue, and also people who didn't.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and skstrials like this.
    01-11-16 07:26 PM

Because there are MANY firmware versions and things break/fix in many of those versions. Being on same OS version can confirm something works, but if two people that have the problem have OS A and two people without the problem have OS B, then it might be worth loading OS B to see if the problem is resolved. If its the first time I'm doing something and I'm beating my head against the wall, knowing if someone else has it working tells me I might be doing something wrong. Someone telling me they also have the problem tells me the problem might not be us, but the software, out of our control.

I'm surprised this had to be explained, this is the Internet and this is pretty common troubleshooting question/response information for nearly all problems. The follow up is usually, "what's same/different" and go from there.
    kbz1960 and tmf06 like this.
    01-11-16 07:32 PM
    The follow up is usually, "what's same/different" and go from there.
    Yep, problem solving 101

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 07:38 PM
    Well, that may be the ideal response to both of you above, but my experience has not been like that. And I think having Bla1ze acknowledge that with his comment speaks volumes.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 08:00 PM
    Well, that may be the ideal response to both of you above, but my experience has not been like that. And I think having Bla1ze acknowledge that with his comment speaks volumes.

Posted via CB10
    Then consider this a learning experience. Next time someone says they don't have the same problem, ask a follow up question to see what's different, instead of being offended. What do you expect, just a bunch of people to agree and sympathize with you? How is that helpful?

Not sure what bla1ze'S comment has to do with anything.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 09:01 PM
    Then consider this a learning experience. Next time someone says they don't have the same problem, ask a follow up question to see what's different, instead of being offended. What do you expect, just a bunch of people to agree and sympathize with you? How is that helpful?

Not sure what bla1ze'S comment has to do with anything.

Posted via CB10
    And now I am being lectured? Glad the carping is back. Of course I pursue the issue.

And Bla1ze acknowledged, as the head of CB, the very thing I pointed out. Perhaps he needs one too?

My point is many people just comment superfluous stuff then don't go on to ever help.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Emaderton3; 01-11-16 at 09:57 PM.
    01-11-16 09:41 PM
    And now I am being lectured? Glad the carping is back. Of course I pursue the issue.

And Bla1ze acknowledged, as the head of CB, the very thing I pointed out. Perhaps he needs one too?

My point is many people just comment superfluous stuff then don't go on to ever help.

Posted via CB10
    Speaking of carping

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 10:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    Is this your first week using the Internet? We're not paid support people and you are making up attitude where none exists. You're kind of inviting it, though. It's kind of like when you say to someone, "you always argue!" and then jump on them when they say "no, I don't".
    01-11-16 11:15 PM
    Toyota forums for owners and enthusiasts - Search Results for Mine's working fine

You're ignoring the fact it's often a common reply to 'Is anyone else having this problem?'

Carp tax:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Carp.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	180.7 KB 
ID:	387381
    Just replying with "Mine doesn't do that" isn't helpful at all unless it is followed by specific information which might indicate what is different between the two phones.
    Of course just posting "i b hvg prublums, hep me pleez" isn't anymore helpful either.

"How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?" S.H.
    01-12-16 04:57 AM
    That's what the report button is for. Let us know.... considering moving this to site feedback ...
    Please! There are some monitors here who are guilty of the same behaviour. I will call names but let's leave it there.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-16 05:14 AM
    Is this your first week using the Internet? We're not paid support people and you are making up attitude where none exists. You're kind of inviting it, though. It's kind of like when you say to someone, "you always argue!" and then jump on them when they say "no, I don't".
    And you are making a jab at me with your first sentence. I apologize if I somehow am making up attitudes when I was simply stating something that occurs often on CB when someone tries to get help. And yes, stating specifics and how things are the same and different is aa great way to problem solve.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-16 06:29 AM
    People complain for the sake of complaining , everyone's has different experiences with their phones as we all use different providers. Phones may have been built different times perhaps even different factories. My point is cut some slack if someone is experiencing problems help out if possible.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-16 03:29 PM
66 123