Results 1 to 24 of 24
Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By Heavy Fluid
  • 1 Post By houshinto#IM
  • 2 Post By oldtimeBBaddict
  • 1 Post By nifty5
  • 1 Post By Heavy Fluid
  • 1 Post By AsBloodRunsBlack
  1. mikeyt24's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    91 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Tips for buying from Craigslist / Kijiji

    I Will add seller tips if people want some tips to get the highest price for their phones ... buying tips havnt been completed, but my fingers hurt so heres what i got before my fingers fell off.

    note - the buying tips are from someone who buys phones to resell them

    i thought i'd make a general outline for buying from Craigslist / Kijiji. This could be very useful and i think everyone who buys used / new phones from these sites should check this out / Add insight to it. - its mainly for getting the best deal / not getting hustled. - once you buy that phone, you may lose complete contact with the person so its important to make sure your product works the way you want it to.

    I use to sell on craigslist often and as of late i have started buying. I buy phones for cheap and sell them for higher and make a good profit doing this ... eg buy a 10/10 used bold for 200, and sell it for 320. helps pay for school books

    when buying, some important points are (assuming the seller says nothing is wrong with the phone / or states a minor flaw.:

    * Always send this text: "'The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog'" - this will ensure that all of the alphanumeric keys are working and that the phone can send texts.

    *you can send it to yourself (to see if the phone can receive texts) or you can ask the seller to send you a text.

    *Always make a call. Always receive a call.

    * Always test out the camera. I have owned phones where the camera did not work. People might be selling phones when the camera has some disfunction. Test out the camera. If you do not care for the camera, and it does not work, you can ask for a $50 discount on the phone on the spot since you'd have to get it repaired (even though a simple device reset can fix the camera).

    * Test the browser

    *Meet up in an area with good lighting. If you are meeting up at night, propose to meet up at perhaps a fast food restaurant as opposed to meeting up on the street where its dark, and nicks and ticks and minor wear will go unnoticed.

    * Get the price lower a bit before meet-up.

    Talk to them, show great interest in the phone and confirm yourself as a buyer. give them a meet up location and time (same day) - and pretty much confirm that the phone is yours. At this point, depending on the phone, you can get a lower price (usually on used phones). THIS IS FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO SAVE A BUCK OR 50-100 BUCKS. i have saved a lot and got great deals using this tactic. Tell the person that you are 100% ready and you are in your car heading to them right now / about to get on the subway to meet them, etc.... But your bank account has a limit on your funds... lets say the phone cost 275 ... tell the person you only have 225 available, but you can pick it up right now ... if they are all like 'ummmm', tell them they can keep their cheap *** SD card and their flimsy *** holster / phone case (if you dont want it)


    so pretty much, right when you are about to leave, get the price lower. If they are firm, and you still want the phone, tell them, ok hold on let me see what i can do, call back in 5 mins - and tell them that you cannot get the money, but you are available to get the phone right then and for 235 max ... or its no deal

    a majority of sellers will let the phone go for 235... since a lot want $ as fast as possible.

    - Always ask about the warranty. If at the point of purchase, you find out there is no warranty, ask for a lower price.

    - Always be willing to walk away. The willingness to walk away can always get you a better deal. If you find a flaw with the phone when meeting up, and the price is higher than what you think it is worth, tell them them (so and so is really affecting the quality of the phone) ... you can ask them what their lowest price is ... or you can propose a new price (unless the phone is at a crackhead price, cause then they could find a new buyer at the snap of a second)

    - Jump at crackhead prices that you see on craigslist and crackhead prices that a buyer proposes on spot. (that seem to be legit ads)

    Questions to ask while buying:

    Why are you selling the phone
    How long was it owned
    ask them if the phone had a previous owner before them
    Where did you buy it from
    Any problems with the programming
    how new is the battery
    How is the battery life
    How can i contact you if i do not figure how to work something
    Does the bbm pin work
    ask them to show you the scratches, cause some are very hard to find.

    if you are discontent with their response, tell them that you don't think the phone is worth your $, and ask for a lower price (be reasonable with the lower price.) Be ready to walk away aswell. If your price is reasonable, and they wont budge, and you think / know you can get a much better deal elsewhere, tell them to fucck themselves and to eat shyt. (not really, but you catch my drift).

    well im tired of typing for now. everyone feel free to comment and add tips and stuff to getting good deals.
    Last edited by mikeyt24; 12-22-2011 at 11:21 AM.
  2. Heavy Fluid's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,738 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask
    #2  

    Default

    As a seller, I will walk away from a lowball end of the deal offer. If I am asking $300, and you are ok with that, and then you offer me $275 at the deal, I will walk away. I agree to the price before meeting.

    As a seller, I always meet in a public place, always. Grocery stores, malls, the provider's store if possible, to ensure that the phone is viewed in the proper lighting, and is as advertised.

    As a seller, I am honest in my sale. If there is a nick or scratch, I point it out, and post pictures of it in the sale, so there is 0 confusion.

    As a seller, I expect cash. No checks, no excuses, no money orders, just cash, and the proper amount. I am not a bank, I don't provide change. Bring the necessary funds.

    As a seller, I appreciate communication. If you are running late, let me know.

    As a seller, I expect that you will attempt to use the device. That is your decision. I would imagine that you would want to test it out, that is why the device is fully charged and ready for you to test.

    As a seller, you can ask my why I am selling it, but I could be lying. I might just not like the phone, so I might just make something up like I got a great deal on another phone or whatever. Take the answers to questions with a grain of salt. It really doesn't matter why I am selling it.

    As a seller, be aware of your surroundings, and the people there. If you meet in public, make sure that it is away from a door, or put yourself between the phone and the door, so that there is no chance of the buyer running off with your phone.
    Current device: Samsung Galaxy SIII on 4.3 AllianceROM

    BlackBerry history:
    Verizon: 8130, 8830, 8330, 9630, 9530, 9550, 9650, 9930, Q10
    AT&T: 9700, 9800
    PlayBook

  3. houshinto#IM's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    951 Posts
    Global Posts
    954 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AA07827
    #3  

    Default

    I have noticed, there a lot of low ballers out there.

    Some who feel entitled to ask sellers on CL and KJ for garage sale prices.

    That being said, I wouldn`t pass up the opportunity to get a great deal eg. a BNIB 9780 for $120 in June.

    Felt like a steal.
    miktro likes this.
  4. Heavy Fluid's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,738 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask
    #4  

    Default

    When I was selling my 9930 a few weeks ago, I had it listed at $350, and I knew that I wouldn't get that much for it. Even though the listing specifically said no trades, I got offers of trades for iPhones, Droids, and an XBox 360. Now for the lowball offers. I got an offer of $125, $175, and one for $250. I list my item a little higher, so that after the negotiations, I can get close to what I really want for it. I ended up selling it for $325, which I thought was a good deal.

    I just ignore offers for trades now, when I put right in the ad that I am not interested in trades. I also ignore lowball offers, and state so in the listing. It makes it so much easier to deal with.

    One last thing that I have learned, is to not take it personally. There are people out there that think that Craigslist is fair ground to just offer whatever they feel like offering, with no regard to what the product is worth. If you can learn to ignore people like this, you will eventually weed them out, and the people that are truly interested in your item will come through, which is exactly what happened with me.
    Current device: Samsung Galaxy SIII on 4.3 AllianceROM

    BlackBerry history:
    Verizon: 8130, 8830, 8330, 9630, 9530, 9550, 9650, 9930, Q10
    AT&T: 9700, 9800
    PlayBook

  5. mikeyt24's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    91 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

    Default

    great stuff.

    As i seller, i list my item higher.

    I have a 10/10 bold 9780 that i listed for $350.

    i got the phone for $200 so quite honestly, even $275, i would have been happy with

    With a higher price, you get much less responses. ALSO, with a higher price, you get higher offer lowballs.

    Someone might offer me $250, thinking they are lowballing, and if i wanted to quicksale ... i would bargain up to $275 ... if they are hard headed, i will accept the 250 (quicksale only)

    Post more tips guys, this thread can be very useful.
    I will polish the initial post in a bit
  6. Maiev's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    430 Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Tryin to sell 9900 in Toronto and these days, people copy all the emails of ppl that sell 9900

    sale-ballear
    sale-basdfa

    and send em all to everybody who's selling 9900, then conveniently, somebody "reply all", to all the 9900 sellers with a lower price and of course another person also reply all and say they'd buy it for 300

    Please don't fall for those :P such made up conversation.

    Anyway, as a seller of phones, I always make it clear that low ballers won't even get a reply. If you have the bargining power, I'd do it :P
    Dropped my playbook on the street, then got it back! I'm one lucky person!
    Cropping your PlayBook Wallpaper for both Landscape and Portrait Guide (with PSD)
    Or, you can PM me with your email and the picture and I'll crop and email em back to your PlayBook.
    Phone - Z10 Q10 Z30. I like Q10 > Z30 > Z10
  7. oldtimeBBaddict's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    373 Posts
    Global Posts
    376 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyt24 View Post
    great stuff.

    As i seller, i list my item higher.

    I have a 10/10 bold 9780 that i listed for $350.

    i got the phone for $200 so quite honestly, even $275, i would have been happy with

    With a higher price, you get much less responses. ALSO, with a higher price, you get higher offer lowballs.

    Someone might offer me $250, thinking they are lowballing, and if i wanted to quicksale ... i would bargain up to $275 ... if they are hard headed, i will accept the 250 (quicksale only)

    Post more tips guys, this thread can be very useful.
    I will polish the initial post in a bit
    You sound like the kind of buyer I would absolutely avoid. While I agree with setting the price a little higher to give a little haggling room, if you pulled any of the stunts that you mentioned in your original post, the deal would be off. Once the price is set, that (to me) makes a contract. I agree to sell it to you at a set price. You agree to buy it at that price. No last minute changes because you can't get hold of the necessary funds. That just screams "scam" to me. All of this is presuming I have given you full disclosure about the condition of the phone.
    We have clearance, Clarence.
    Roger, Roger.
    What's our vector, Victor?
    pipotobe and Heavy Fluid like this.
  8. Heavy Fluid's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,738 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldtimeBBaddict View Post
    You sound like the kind of buyer I would absolutely avoid. While I agree with setting the price a little higher to give a little haggling room, if you pulled any of the stunts that you mentioned in your original post, the deal would be off. Once the price is set, that (to me) makes a contract. I agree to sell it to you at a set price. You agree to buy it at that price. No last minute changes because you can't get hold of the necessary funds. That just screams "scam" to me. All of this is presuming I have given you full disclosure about the condition of the phone.
    You sound like my kind of seller. I would give you + rep for this post.
    Current device: Samsung Galaxy SIII on 4.3 AllianceROM

    BlackBerry history:
    Verizon: 8130, 8830, 8330, 9630, 9530, 9550, 9650, 9930, Q10
    AT&T: 9700, 9800
    PlayBook

    Thanked by:
    oldtimeBBaddict (12-22-2011) 
  9. nifty5's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default I agree

    Quote Originally Posted by oldtimeBBaddict View Post
    You sound like the kind of buyer I would absolutely avoid. While I agree with setting the price a little higher to give a little haggling room, if you pulled any of the stunts that you mentioned in your original post, the deal would be off. Once the price is set, that (to me) makes a contract. I agree to sell it to you at a set price. You agree to buy it at that price. No last minute changes because you can't get hold of the necessary funds. That just screams "scam" to me. All of this is presuming I have given you full disclosure about the condition of the phone.
    As a guy that has bought & sold over 100 phones over the last 10 years I too would avoid that guy. If you are meeting to buy the item & I have been open in answering all your questions, pulling the "bank only gave me $200" crap tells me your a chump.

    Not sure if this should be the type of advice that has the CrackBerry stamp of approval on it.
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
  10. 13echo4's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,805 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    [QUOTEp=opldtimpeBBapddict;6963258]Once the price is set, that (to me) makes a conptract. I agree to sell it to you at a set price. You agree to buy it at that price. No last minute changes because you can't get hold of the necessary funds. That just screams "scam" to me. All of this is presuming I have given you full disclosure about the condition of the phone.[/QUOTE]
    I do a lot of business on CL. Nothing is ever set. No contracts. I buy and sell on CL. As a buyer I look thru the ads for something I'm willing to give the asked amount for. I ask for a meeting. Looking at whatever it is I'm trying to buy I there is something I want to haggle the price over I will. I never ask what the lowest is they will take. I make an offer. Depending on how much money we're talking about I always offer alittle less than the most I'll pay. I won't usually go over what I set once looking at the product. If it comes to it I'll say "$? Is the most I'll give. I have no problem w/ you walking away. I do this so much I know once I have said product in my hands I know right about what the price is going to be. As a buyer I know everything about what I'm buying. Or at least everything I could find. I don't need the seller to tell me anything. This helps in makeing the honest offers. Let's say the BB phone isn't running the updated software and the finish is running dull in place where its been in someones hands for hours. You know its been used and not in a case. Bring attention to these things. The seller sees you know the device and sees your offer for what it is.
    Here's an example. If you answered an ad about a BB 9800 for $50 on att. You meet the person in the mall. You start looking the device over you notice the finish is shiny and the screen doesn't have any scratchs. You think its lived its live in a case. Start by going to the help screen and see what os version its running. If its not up to date we can conclude 1 of 2 things. Either this phone was bought and shortly after put away for another device since it looks so good or its lived a nice sheltered life and the person its a crackberry or power user. In this case I wouldn't give anymore than $40 for this phone. I would offer $35. If they came quick with a no. I would say I'd give $40 and no more and I was sorry for wasting tbeir time. If the say anything other some version of ok I'l walk away.
    As a seller again I make it appoint to know everything about what I'm selling. I hate surprises. I update everthing install everything it have installed. I find out what the usual price it goes for in its condiction. I shave alittle a little money off it and run the ad with pictures. I have my lowest price I'll take in mipnd. I will never peverp dispclose this price. Its a line in my head that I'll stay above.
    I nevef fell pressured to sell or buy. This is just business to me. Where I make the most money off of CL is I run ads to fix computers and cellphone etc. I have another ad to buy broken devices etc. I buy stuff to fix and other stuff for parts then resell it on CL.
    As a seller I carry change. That just makes the sell easier and it shows how experanced you are. By saying you don't carry change tells me you don't do this much. Most people don't carry $275 in te right amount of cash. If they stopped by an atm machine they got $280. Come on its to much work for you to think in advance to carry $25? Better get ready to make cange then withthe price. Yea its easy to walk away but when you keepwalking away it starts costing you. Act like you ave alittle sense about yourself.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  11. Heavy Fluid's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,738 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask
    #11  

    Default

    Some of the above, I agree with, some however, I don't. The buyer needs to be as responsible as the seller. Know something about what you are buying. I don't have 2 hours to sit and show you how the device works. Also, as a buyer, you should know that you want to buy it when you meet. Don't waste the sellers time going back and forth trying to decide. If you are meeting, I am expecting you to buy. I have provided pictures and all of the pertinent information needed. The condition is as described, if not better. There are never surprises when I sell.
    Current device: Samsung Galaxy SIII on 4.3 AllianceROM

    BlackBerry history:
    Verizon: 8130, 8830, 8330, 9630, 9530, 9550, 9650, 9930, Q10
    AT&T: 9700, 9800
    PlayBook

    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
  12. 13echo4's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,805 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Fluid View Post
    Some of the above, I agree with, some however, I don't. The buyer needs to be as responsible as the seller. Know something about what you are buying. I don't have 2 hours to sit and show you how the device works. Also, as a buyer, you should know that you want to buy it when you meet. Don't waste the sellers time going back and forth trying to decide. If you are meeting, I am expecting you to buy. I have provided pictures and all of the pertinent information needed. The condition is as described, if not better. There are never surprises when I sell.
    I agree with everything you said.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  13. medicinILL's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    256 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Not sure if this would go here but if I was to buy a phone off any site, I would ask for ESN # just to be sure that the phone isn't blacklisted, you know? Everything else on the phone might be working fine but then you go and try to get it connected and BAM! You find out it's a stolen phone :\ or something of the sort. Better safe than sorry, right?
  14. Heavy Fluid's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,738 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,815 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask
    #14  

    Default

    ^ I often offer to meet at the providers store, such as Verizon, to ensure that the ESN is clear, and that the buyer can activate it while I am there. This way, there are no surprises or any disappointment. I will then close the transaction, take the cash, and be on my way. After the test call goes through, and it is on your account, it is officially sold.
    Current device: Samsung Galaxy SIII on 4.3 AllianceROM

    BlackBerry history:
    Verizon: 8130, 8830, 8330, 9630, 9530, 9550, 9650, 9930, Q10
    AT&T: 9700, 9800
    PlayBook

  15. mc21's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    362 Posts
    Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    #15  

    Default

    As a buyer, the phone is activated and working before I pay.

    As a seller, I will not go lower than the agreed upon price. Only happened once but someone agreed to a price and upon meeting tries to ask for less. My response was that I have another buyer for the same price that he agreed to. I don't care who I sell it to so he can take it or leave it. Guess what, he took it.

    Also, I do not appreciate the lowball tactics you are trying to give out. To me they are unethical and if I better not see a higher incidence of people meeting to buy only to ask for a lower price.
  16. 13echo4's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,805 Posts
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by m0c21 View Post
    As a buyer, the phone is activated and working before I pay.

    As a seller, I will not go lower than the agreed upon price. Only happened once but someone agreed to a price and upon meeting tries to ask for less. My response was that I have another buyer for the same price that he agreed to. I don't care who I sell it to so he can take it or leave it. Guess what, he took it.

    Also, I do not appreciate the lowball tactics you are trying to give out. To me they are unethical and if I better not see a higher incidence of people meeting to buy only to ask for a lower price.
    This isn't going to work all that oftain. I would have left the phone with you just for dropping a weak line like that on me. You must not do much business. See if I answered your ad and we both spent the mpney and time to meet somewhere and I don't agree w/ your price once I see the product. Its only fair to the both of us that I make an offer.
    I'm sorry if you don't like how the game is played stay off the court.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  17. mc21's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    362 Posts
    Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 13echo4 View Post
    This isn't going to work all that oftain. I would have left the phone with you just for dropping a weak line like that on me. You must not do much business. See if I answered your ad and we both spent the mpney and time to meet somewhere and I don't agree w/ your price once I see the product. Its only fair to the both of us that I make an offer.
    I'm sorry if you don't like how the game is played stay off the court.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You are as arrogant as immature.

    It works 100% of the time. My items are always as described or better. Dropping a weak line? It was the truth. I had other buyers and I would have gladly given that guy the boot and sold it to another person. Funny you call that a weak line when you say your bank won't let you take your money? haha you make me laugh. Just so you know, we live in a day and age of the internet. If it's the first time you're seeing the phone, then you didn't do your job as the buyer. I know how the game is played, but you're just the jackass that tries to bully people around.
    Last edited by m0c21; 12-23-2011 at 07:21 PM.
  18. 13echo4's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,805 Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by m0c21 View Post
    You are as arrogant as immature.

    It works 100% of the time. My items are always as described or better. Dropping a weak line? It was the truth. I had other buyers and I would have gladly given that guy the boot and sold it to another person. Funny you call that a weak line when you say your bank won't let you take your money? haha you make me laugh. Just so you know, we live in a day and age of the internet. If it's the first time you're seeing the phone, then you didn't do your job as the buyer. I know how the game is played, but you're just the jackass that tries to bully people around.
    You got me mixed up with somebody else. I never said anything about my bank giving or not giving me money. I don't play games.
    Yes its a weak line. If ya had some body else you would have sold it. Its possible after making an oppoiment got a call from someone else. But there's the same chance they won't buy it either.
    I'm not a jack*** nor am I a bully. I'm a businessman. Like I said if we spent the time to meet and for what ever reason I decide I'm not giving the asked price I will make an offer. Your the one trying to be a bully. It just doesn't work on us in the game.
    I make about 10 sells a week and even more buys. I've never had a problem. Of course some people pass on buying or selling and I pass on some myself.
    Come at me honest. If I was'nt prepared to pay your price I wouldn't be there. Now something lowered the value to me. You can't be honest and say you need the money back you have tied up or something. I'm real liable to feel for you a pay what you want. By telling me you got another buyer gives me an easy out.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  19. mc21's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    362 Posts
    Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 13echo4 View Post
    You got me mixed up with somebody else. I never said anything about my bank giving or not giving me money. I don't play games.
    Yes its a weak line. If ya had some body else you would have sold it. Its possible after making an oppoiment got a call from someone else. But there's the same chance they won't buy it either.
    I'm not a jack*** nor am I a bully. I'm a businessman. Like I said if we spent the time to meet and for what ever reason I decide I'm not giving the asked price I will make an offer. Your the one trying to be a bully. It just doesn't work on us in the game.
    I make about 10 sells a week and even more buys. I've never had a problem. Of course some people pass on buying or selling and I pass on some myself.
    Come at me honest. If I was'nt prepared to pay your price I wouldn't be there. Now something lowered the value to me. You can't be honest and say you need the money back you have tied up or something. I'm real liable to feel for you a pay what you want. By telling me you got another buyer gives me an easy out.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I did have someone else and I let the first person that contacted me to get first whack at it. If he wasn't gonna pay I would have moved to the next one. I listed at a reasonable/good price. If you have a legitimate reason for lowing the price, then fine. However, if you read the original post the person was saying make the person meet up then lower the price after already agreeing to a certain term. That to me ins unethical and wasting people's time. I wasn't trying to play someone by telling them I have another buyer. I was giving the opportunity to buy it at a good price. After reaching an agreement, he tries to lower price again when we met up. Yes I told him take it or leave it as I have another buyer. I did and I didn't care if he bought it or not. I have never given anyone a reason to try to lower the price when we meet and I never will. That is why if I meet up with someone, I am not going lower than the price we agreed on. Take it or leave it. Simple as that.
  20. 13echo4's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,805 Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by m0c21 View Post
    I did have someone else and I let the first person that contacted me to get first whack at it. If he wasn't gonna pay I would have moved to the next one. I listed at a reasonable/good price. If you have a legitimate reason for lowing the price, then fine. However, if you read the original post the person was saying make the person meet up then lower the price after already agreeing to a certain term. That to me ins unethical and wasting people's time. I wasn't trying to play someone by telling them I have another buyer. I was giving the opportunity to buy it at a good price. After reaching an agreement, he tries to lower price again when we met up. Yes I told him take it or leave it as I have another buyer. I did and I didn't care if he bought it or not. I have never given anyone a reason to try to lower the price when we meet and I never will. That is why if I meet up with someone, I am not going lower than the price we agreed on. Take it or leave it. Simple as that.
    Your right its just simple as that. You can't say you won't ever give some one a reason to lower the price. Some people just know more than us. We over look things.
    If you'll notice I'm not the OP. I make honest offers. Again I never said I agreed to anything over the phone other than to meet you. I will never agree to money over the phone. I don't play games. There's no room for it. I've netted $18,000 using CL this year. I take it very serious. I keep a ledger of every transaction I make. Like I said I make a lot every week.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  21. AsBloodRunsBlack's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    142 Posts
    PIN
    21666A72
    #21  

    Default

    Oh boy. Im not trying to discourage you from buying off kijiji, but the first BB phone I bought was stolen. So I got burned bad. How ever. I did some research and found out to ask for the IMEI #. If the seller does not want to give u this number before u purchase it, it is most likely stollen. Now after I got burned. I found a great guy on kijiji to buy off of. He sold me and my gf our phones that we have now. Bold9700 and Curve 9300. He was happy to give us the IMEI #'s and we called koodo, gave them the numbers and they gave us the green light. We are both very happy with our phones. No problems at all. But on the other hand u really have to watch. They can be selling u a phone that does not hold itd charge, have bad speakers, water damage, etc. So just be careful and when u get a phone try and check all this stuff out. I have been burned many times on kijiji. But have also got many good deals too.Good luck. Hope this helps.
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
  22. AsBloodRunsBlack's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    142 Posts
    PIN
    21666A72
    #22  

    Default

    Omg im a fool. I posted on the wrong thread
  23. blackberry-unlocking710's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,239 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,244 Global Posts
    #23  

    Default Blackberry unlocking tips

    Sellers will sell thier Blackberry devices faster when they reach more clients.
    Unlocked Blackberry device can be sold to a lot more people then a Blackberry which is limited to the use of one carrier only.

    Buyers, when buying a Blackberry that wasn't unlocked and want to unlock it themselves using Blackberry unlocking services should check the device to make sure it's not hardlocked so they can unlock it later without losing much money and time to do that.
  24. 13echo4's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,805 Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackberry-unlocking710 View Post
    Sellers will sell thier Blackberry devices faster when they reach more clients.
    Unlocked Blackberry device can be sold to a lot more people then a Blackberry which is limited to the use of one carrier only.

    Buyers, when buying a Blackberry that wasn't unlocked and want to unlock it themselves using Blackberry unlocking services should check the device to make sure it's not hardlocked so they can unlock it later without losing much money and time to do that.
    Pretty good points. I always unlock my devices.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posting Permissions