Having never had a smartphone in the past, and knowing that if I had my netbook out, I couldn't attempt to access the internet, AND, since I, my wife, my son and his family [together with four grandkids] will be flying to Orlando and going to Disney World later this month, it just occurred to me that my little Blackberry "miracle" might need to receive special attention WHILE IN THE AIR. Can anyone advise me on this issue?

Thanks.
    11-15-09 07:36 AM
    No problem, either shut it down or turn off the radios (Manage Connections, and turn off as appropriate). This will allow you to use the PDA functions without getting arrrested.
    11-15-09 07:44 AM
    Some airlines are offering Wifi on their flights. I'd contact your airline to see what if anything your flight offers. Just like Branta said, you can shut off your mobile network (turns off the cell phone aspect),your Wifi and your Bluetooth. Easy way to access it is just to press on your connection icons (upper right corner of your home screen) and it brings up your connection manager. Enjoy your trip!
    Last edited by netwerks1; 11-15-09 at 08:20 AM.
    11-15-09 08:05 AM
    Thanx, everyone ... I'll give that a couple of trial runs ... I d'loaded the Aces Solitaire game and enjoy that when there's some "down time" ... the plane ride could be that ... I recall with a bit of chagrin the time I FAILED to lay out my netbook ON TOP OF THE CASE, and was reprimanded by a security fellow for that oversight. I like to TRY [anyway] to know ahead about any issue that could "erupt" ... so thanks for the valuable info.
    11-15-09 08:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD