Lets look who invested a sizable amount into the company at that time, Bill Gates. Because he respected Steve Jobs and it was probably one of his better investments and it paid off nicely for him.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    Gates invested in Apple to ward off the anti-trust suits. I'm pretty sure he wasn't looking to create a real formidable competitor to his company, that just happened by chance.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 09:35 PM
    Well BlackBerry must have some kind of draw, it certainly seems to draw a lot of people who waist a ton of time bashing a company that they isn't worth waiting their time on.

Posted via CB10
    MikeX74 likes this.
    11-19-14 10:08 PM
    Wow. What kind of drugs is the writer taking? There is no way there is any reversal going on. The iphone 6 is selling like 1,000 times more phones than Blackberry. Someone should check to make sure this writer is not having a stroke.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    11-19-14 10:20 PM
    What kind of drugs are you on Apple is selling like 10 times ad many phones as BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    MikeX74 likes this.
    11-19-14 10:52 PM
    One advantage that the newer mobile superpowers have is diversification. Diversification helps weather financial storms.
    11-19-14 10:57 PM
    Been around long enough to see history repeat itself a few times. Yeah, the turnaround hasn't begun yet, but you never know!
    11-19-14 11:49 PM
    yeah right ..let me know when Blackberry will have $164 Billions in cash
    The higher you are the deeper you fall.
    The lower you are, the more you can rise

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 12:03 AM
    Even if Apple fails, what makes one think smartphone users would flock to BlackBerry. First option would likely be Android since that's the platform that took most of BlackBerry's users when the tide shifted in 2007-08. 2nd option would likely be Windows.
    TGR1 likes this.
    11-20-14 12:32 AM
    The higher you are the deeper you fall.
    The lower you are, the more you can rise

Posted via CB10
    and then why Blackberry has been in the hole since 2010? following your thinking they should have risen but they are still way down.
    Amazing Chart: Apple Has More Cash Reserves than the United States Govt.
    11-20-14 12:55 AM
    Gates invested in Apple to ward off the anti-trust suits. I'm pretty sure he wasn't looking to create a real formidable competitor to his company, that just happened by chance.

Posted via CB10
    And you have documents to prove this? - I would be careful with my choice of words on a public forum as you never know who could end up suing you. LOL
    11-20-14 01:38 AM
    and then why Blackberry has been in the hole since 2010? following your thinking they should have risen but they are still way down.
    Amazing Chart: Apple Has More Cash Reserves than the United States Govt.
    LOL - That's pretty funny using the US Govt's cash reserves as a comparison - The US is so broke and owes so much money that it's laughable.
    thymaster likes this.
    11-20-14 01:41 AM
    And you have documents to prove this? - I would be careful with my choice of words on a public forum as you never know who could end up suing you. LOL
    Yeah, Gates is going to sue RubenDM over that statement. The things you read on CB.
    asmiley and ponpiri like this.
    11-20-14 05:57 AM
    The company that is going to replace Apple hasn't been formed yet. They have got to come up with something revolutionary. It's where the author of this crappy article, with tons of CB clickbait, is completely wrong.

RIM was huge because they did something no one else was doing. At the time when e-mail was really blowing up as a medium, they introduced a device that would let you read on your e-mail on the fly.

Apple did the same thing with the iPod, and later the iPhone. They created something unique. BBRY hasn't created something truly unique. Yeah, the Passport looks different than other cell phones, but it isn't truly unique.
    shaleem likes this.
    11-20-14 06:01 AM
    The company that is going to replace Apple hasn't been formed yet. They have got to come up with something revolutionary. It's where the author of this crappy article, with tons of CB clickbait, is completely wrong.

RIM was huge because they did something no one else was doing. At the time when e-mail was really blowing up as a medium, they introduced a device that would let you read on your e-mail on the fly.

Apple did the same thing with the iPod, and later the iPhone. They created something unique. BBRY hasn't created something truly unique. Yeah, the Passport looks different than other cell phones, but it isn't truly unique.
    Can't disagree more. The iPod was clearly not revolutionary in any manner of speaking. The iPhone was originally an iPod with call phone capabilities. Now what Apple did do was build an App ecosystem and consumer based cloud that made it easier to support services. That was valuable and I dare say innovative. The passport is certainly fits the definition of innovative. Nothing like it on the market and clearly the hardware is in a class by itself. It's also designed specifically for an enterprise audience who appreciates it's design and capabilities.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 06:33 AM
    Can't disagree more. The iPod was clearly not revolutionary in any manner of speaking. The iPhone was originally an iPod with call phone capabilities. Now what Apple did do was build an App ecosystem and consumer based cloud that made it easier to support services. That was valuable and I dare say innovative. The passport is certainly fits the definition of innovative. Nothing like it on the market and clearly the hardware is in a class by itself. It's also designed specifically for an enterprise audience who appreciates it's design and capabilities.

Posted via CB10
    Seriously, stop the bias. The iPod was not revolutionary? Maybe in CrackBerry land, but everywhere else in the world, it was a total game changer. And yes, the iPhone was an iPod that could make calls. At the time, was there anything else like it?

As for the Passport, it's design is unique. But that is a plus AND a minus. Just as many think it is ugly as think it is beautiful. The rest of what you posted is just more bias fueled opinion.
    MikeX74, jevinzac and MarsupilamiX like this.
    11-20-14 06:42 AM
    Weren't there MP3 players before iPods?
    thymaster and MarsupilamiX like this.
    11-20-14 06:48 AM
    Remember when SONY was the "must have" in electronics? Where are they now? Nobody dominates forever.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 06:50 AM
    Anything can happen given enough time. The biggest problem with your thread? - "Soon to be" lol

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jhimmel; 11-20-14 at 12:10 PM.
    MikeX74 and ponpiri like this.
    11-20-14 06:50 AM
    Innovation does not mean creating an original thing all the time but also improvement on existing technology like Apple, Samsung, and even Blackberry are doing, so stop the lie that they do not innovate.
    " Innovation can be viewed as the application of better solutions that meet new requirements, inarticulate needs, or existing market needs"
    I personally would say they don't innovate.
    They enhance:
    "intensify, increase, or further improve the quality, value, or extent of"
    highos likes this.
    11-20-14 06:54 AM
    One day Apple will fail and someone else will take its place.
    It will be a very interesting reversal of fortunes if BlackBerry supplants its position.

First thing they would have to do is to appeal to the consumers. Then retake Enterprise. Should be the come back story of the decade when it happens.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    shaleem likes this.
    11-20-14 07:33 AM
    The Passports primary design strategy is to avoid competition the iPhone and its imitators. It's wider than most people can comfortably use and it has a physical keyboard that most people have given up. However, there are some people who are willing to give up ergonomics for more horizontal screen real estate and some people who are willing to give up vertical screen real estate for a hard keyboard.

If you want to call that innovative then so be it. I'd say it's more about finding a niche. You could also sell a bunch of all-touch smartphones if you made it the exact size of a deck of playing cards but smaller is technically harder than bigger.
    11-20-14 07:44 AM
    Every few months someone writes something like this....

But Apple seems to be doing OK from what I've seen. My wife's new iPhone 6 work just fine for her needs.... only issue was having to wait three weeks for it.

BlackBerry... I do think their "fortune" will be reversed (or they will be bought), but it will be in other areas than as a smartphone manufacture again. Those days have past, and the market is too mature and too reliant on having a ecosystem for BlackBerry to survive into the future where "require Google Services to work" is more common.
    ricocan likes this.
    11-20-14 08:05 AM
    Chen should buy some hihihi

Times are Shifting, the Fate of BlackBerry and Apple Soon to be Reversal of Fortune-german-shepherd.jpg

Z10/STL100-3 RFK121LW/10.2.1.3062
    11-20-14 08:10 AM
    I don't think it's so much that apple will lose sales and all the money, but just that they look to be following the path of BlackBerry with little innovation. How many years did it take them to meet the request of bigger screens, and then they bend?

The main issue with BlackBerry was they didn't change when they needed to. Apple did announce a wearable, but other than that there is no real innovation, just small increases. They did go 64 bit, but I honestly think that that was just to say that they did something new because they hadn't done anything new in a while.

The products are great, don't get me wrong, but people will stop paying premiums every year for small increases that aren't needed. I already see my own family upgrading iphones every two or three years instead of every single time.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 08:18 AM
    Half the people buy into apple for the eco system and itunes, the other half just follow like sheep.

Streaming music on a monthly contract is still new to a lot of people, but this will become more and more popular, and people wont be relying on itunes.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 08:20 AM
331 1234 ...