I'll give you one reason. None of the Android apps I used on my device worked well. Some didn't work at all.

I see no logic in my using a glitchy app or one that degrades my phone's performance.

Posted from my SEXY Q10 that I'd STILL be using IF I could find my FRACKING BANKING APP on BBW. And no I won't put Android apps here so don't EVEN go there!!!!
    12-17-14 08:38 PM
    I guess a more interesting question would be which stock a year from now will have had the larger percentage gain?

Blackberry or Apple?
    BlackBerry must increase their revenue to see a significant gain.
    12-21-14 07:35 AM
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Why is this even a topic of conversation? I would look like a total fool if I brought this up to my friends and colleagues. Before we forget anything let's make sure we can agree that the IPhone 6 is a great phone and that Apple has not shown any signs of losing market share...and I use a z10 btw.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 07:48 AM
    Hmnnn......shouldn't this have been saved and posted on the correct date for it, April 1st? Hehe!

Posted via CB10
    Eric Ton and MikeX74 like this.
    12-21-14 08:00 AM
    Why is this even a topic of conversation?

Apple has not shown any signs of losing market share.
    Pardon me? The iPhone story has been all about its loss of marketshare to Android.

However, Apple makes much much more money on its phones than Android device manufacturers do.

Times are Shifting, the Fate of BlackBerry and Apple Soon to be Reversal of Fortune-iosvsandroid.png

Times are Shifting, the Fate of BlackBerry and Apple Soon to be Reversal of Fortune-chart-ww-smartphone-os-market-share.png

Posted from my awesome White Z30
    12-21-14 12:05 PM
    Why is this even a topic of conversation?...

Apple has not shown any signs of losing market share.
    http://www.idc.com/prodserv/smartpho...rket-share.jsp

Android shipments lead the global smartphone market, with 283 million units shipped and over 84% of the market share in the third quarter of 2014...

iOS continues to drop in market share, down to just 11.7% from 12.8% in the same quarter last year, representing the growing shift of demand toward low-cost smartphones. The launch of the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus at the very end of the third quarter means that the bump in shipments will be reflected fully in the fourth quarter holiday season.

we can agree that the IPhone 6 is a great phone and that Apple has not shown any signs of losing market share.
    So we can agree on the first point, but the second point is simply factually incorrect -- not just the opinion of some 'crazy BlackBerry diehards', but backed up with hard data (even if your friends and colleagues don't believe it).

Posted from my awesome White Z30
    Last edited by mnc76; 12-21-14 at 12:31 PM.
    12-21-14 12:11 PM
    I guess a more interesting question would be which stock a year from now will have had the larger percentage gain?

Blackberry or Apple?

Posted via CB10
    Apple stock has had historically significantly better performance, even within the last year, I'd say. The reason is that BBRY's stock value mainly just shot up right after Chen went into office and it's been making this wavy motion ever since.

AAPL has a solid record of actually adding to the company's value (market capitalization) year after year whereas all BBRY bulls have to point to is the bottom of a stock cycle vs. a peak to claim 50% YoY gains.

Apple performance is up 42.42% YTD vs. Blackberry is up 34.27%. BBRY stock is pretty bad actually; but, not horrible since at least it recuperated some of its value. It still has been dead money the last two years, though.
    12-21-14 12:48 PM
    However, Apple makes much much more money on its phones than Android device manufacturers do.
    Not only on hardware but also on services (iTunes, App Store, etc.)

Apple owns the high end market.
    12-21-14 02:27 PM
    An age old argument about who has the coolest bike on the block, I seriously doubt that Apple is going to anywhere any time soon, with a 165 billion in cash reserves and products that they can't build enough of to satisfy the demand, as a business person myself, that's what any company who produces a consumer product dreams of.

As a BlackBerry user, I will be perfectly happy as long as the company can still produce their niche products for their loyal users. I actually like being in the "niche" brand category now. Everyone has an iPhone or a Galaxy device now, so who cares. I like being different and having someone say "WTF is that" when I pull out my BlackBerry passport to check my messages.

Nobody said that to me even when I had my iPhone 6+ when you couldn't get one, they just looked at it and said, OH, that just looks like a iPhone on steroids and not one person asked me about how I liked it. I enjoy being a niche brand user here in the USA.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    Skyforever likes this.
    12-22-14 05:32 AM
    An age old argument about who has the coolest bike on the block, I seriously doubt that Apple is going to anywhere any time soon, with a 165 billion in cash reserves and products that they can't build enough of to satisfy the demand, as a business person myself, that's what any company who produces a consumer product dreams of.

As a BlackBerry user, I will be perfectly happy as long as the company can still produce their niche products for their loyal users. I actually like being in the "niche" brand category now. Everyone has an iPhone or a Galaxy device now, so who cares. I like being different and having someone say "WTF is that" when I pull out my BlackBerry passport to check my messages.

Nobody said that to me even when I had my iPhone 6+ when you couldn't get one, they just looked at it and said, OH, that just looks like a iPhone on steroids and not one person asked me about how I liked it. I enjoy being a niche brand user here in the USA.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    Maybe you won't be so different in a couple of years !! ;-)

ZZ TOP10 Catch and release !!
    12-22-14 03:15 PM
    I see Apple is still going strong. Any update on when this big crash is going to happen?
    12-23-14 08:52 AM
    Who's talking about a big crash, Apple is there to stay !!

12-23-14 10:28 AM
    We BlackBerry users, remain united, remain loyal.

Get the work done, focus on making cash than spending it.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 10:45 AM
    I see Apple is still going strong. Any update on when this big crash is going to happen?
    From what I have read here, after much debate, the consensus is that it won't be high forever.
    12-23-14 10:53 AM
    From what I have read here, after much debate, the consensus is that it won't be high forever.
    Well on Nov 24 2012 there was a thread predicting that in one year BlackBerry marketshare (BBOS + BB10) would be equal to or greater than iPhone.

How'd that one go?

Posted from my SEXY Q10 that I'd STILL be using IF I could find my FRACKING BANKING APP on BBW. And no I won't put Android apps here so don't EVEN go there!!!!
    m1a1mg and pantlesspenguin like this.
    12-23-14 11:02 AM
    That's a great commercial.
    Remember the commercial last year that so many people here ridiculed? The one about the teenager making a video during the family Christmas gathering? It won an award, don't remember which.

Apple iPhone Christmas Commercial 2013:

I loved it. And I love this year's.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    One of the most poignant shorts I've seen. It was great.
    TGR1 and Chrisy like this.
    12-23-14 11:37 AM
    Well on Nov 24 2012 there was a thread predicting that in one year BlackBerry marketshare (BBOS + BB10) would be equal to or greater than iPhone.

How'd that one go?

You know, if you keep throwing reality at people, they're going to have to ban you.
    kbz1960 and MikeX74 like this.
    12-23-14 12:03 PM
    You know, if you keep throwing reality at people, they're going to have to ban you.
    Oh there is a group that keeps trying to get me banned.

12-23-14 12:10 PM
    I am a BlackBerry fan and my view of the universe is different from what's depicted in the title.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1151
    12-23-14 12:17 PM
    Oh there is a group that keeps trying to get me banned.

I find that fun!!

Just remember even the sun is not permanent...lol

12-23-14 12:23 PM
    Apple may or may not fall. But that really doesn't relate to the future of BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 02:58 PM
    Apple may or may not fall. But that really doesn't relate to the future of BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    A stance that cheers for the fall of any company is a foolish one. All platforms contribute to growth, development, and innovation through competition. The loss of one is a loss to the interests of the industry.

If Apple hasn't pushed BlackBerry I would still be using Bolt for a browser. If Android hadn't pushed Apple we'd still be using 4s sized iPhones. If WebOS hadn't existed there would be no gestures on BB10. If BlackBerry hadn't pushed Android we'd still have individual mail folders. Each pushes in the other. We all gain in the end.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    12-24-14 09:01 AM
    A stance that cheers for the fall of any company is a foolish one. All platforms contribute to growth, development, and innovation through competition. The loss of one is a loss to the interests of the industry.

If Apple hasn't pushed BlackBerry I would still be using Bolt for a browser. If Android hadn't pushed Apple we'd still be using 4s sized iPhones. If WebOS hadn't existed there would be no gestures on BB10. If BlackBerry hadn't pushed Android we'd still have individual mail folders. Each pushes in the other. We all gain in the end.

Did I say anything indicating I wanted Apple, or BlackBerry to fail?

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 11:35 AM
    Did I say anything indicating I wanted Apple, or BlackBerry to fail?

Posted via CB10
    NO!!!! I wasn't saying you!!!! No......I was speaking of those who do! Sorry if I left that impression, it wasn't what I'd meant to convey.

12-24-14 11:38 AM
    One time one company comes on top, another time it's another. Apple is there for a long time even with Cook at the helm, named ceo of the year, or anybody up there for that matter.
    Apple has been set by Steve Jobs and since then it's been a money making machine following the trends and copying others !
    I would never wish for Apple to crash and burn or to go through what they went through in the 90's.
    BlackBerry is coming back and if Apple, specifically with there phones, sleeping at the wheel, is going to wake up and say what the f*** happened !!

12-24-14 01:17 PM
331 ... 89101112 ...