Really great article on how Blackberry loyalist can turn Blackberry around and Apple could soon meet Blackberry's same downhill spiralling fate .

Will the Blackberry and Apple pendulum swing again? | ITProPortal.com
    11-19-14 03:53 PM
    Really great article on how Blackberry loyalist can turn Blackberry around and Apple could soon meet Blackberry's same downhill spiralling fate .

Will the Blackberry and Apple pendulum swing again? | ITProPortal.com
    yeah right ..let me know when Blackberry will have $164 Billions in cash
    11-19-14 03:59 PM
    Nice read. Yes, anythings possible. Time will tell. Happy that BlackBerry just stays around for me to enjoy. I don't need for them to be a top dog.

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    11-19-14 04:26 PM
    Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine? I guess you're too young to remember when Apple almost went bankrupt. Sad that.

Now I'm not saying that Blackberry will ever be in Apple's current financial sphere, but don't for a moment think that Apple can't be shifted from its current position. There has been an erosion in Apple's market share and that could well continue. It may take more than Tim Cook coming out of the closet to stem the decline.

It may not happen tomorrow or even next year but it can and probably will happen.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    thymaster, Tkarps, acovey and 17 others like this.
    11-19-14 04:38 PM
    Apple could buy BBRY with the loose change in all the sofas at HQ in Cupertino.
    11-19-14 04:48 PM
    You should make these claims in the Summer when people are wondering if the iPhone 7 will sell or not. Apple stock just hit an all time high based on worldwide sales.
    11-19-14 04:58 PM
    Why didn't they when they have the chance?

Apple could buy BBRY with the loose change in all the sofas at HQ in Cupertino.
    11-19-14 04:59 PM
    Oh, it's Rob Enderle. Now I get it.
    filmgirl likes this.
    11-19-14 05:14 PM
    Blackberry was once there years ago....thats why it's referencing the pendulum effect and how the markets and economies always refer back to the past.

Posted via CB10
    mzbierski likes this.
    11-19-14 05:27 PM
    This is silly. There is no indication of a pendulum swing at this time. Apple is doing amazingly well right now by almost any metric and I see no near term catalyst for that to change. Even if Apple's empire was in decline (which it's not), there is certainly no evidence that the decline of Apple works to the benefit of BlackBerry. I like BB10 a lot, but BlackBerry's sales don't even register on the scales that Apple and its main competitor (Samsung) operate on.

Apple was down and almost dead at one point, and came back to be one of the largest companies in the world. Guess how often that happens? If it were to happen again soon, what makes anyone think it will be Blackberry, as opposed to the numerous other down and out companies out there?

It's like saying that Bill Gates was poor and didn't go to college when he was younger. Hey, my kid is like that too, I bet he'll be the richest person in the world one day just like Bill Gates. Possible but not probable.
    11-19-14 06:15 PM
    I believe that BlackBerry will be around for a while, but to think that Apple will swing the other way?? With 160+ billion in cash and a product line that sells like hotcakes worldwide, I don't think it's going to happen in our lifetime.

I know folks will say they almost went under in the mid 1990's but that was a different time and long before the smartphone industry took off.

Lets look who invested a sizable amount into the company at that time, Bill Gates. Because he respected Steve Jobs and it was probably one of his better investments and it paid off nicely for him.

As far as BlackBerry's future is concerned, that's going to be dictated by smart management, stable revenue stream and future products and services that the business and consumer want to purchase. It's called basic business concepts 101. Just my two cents.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    kbz1960, potatoguy, kirson and 4 others like this.
    11-19-14 06:30 PM
    To simply dismiss this possibility is wrong, but to bet your life on it would be worse.

While things are still working for apple, they haven't really innovated in a long time, and setting their sights on the business side instead of consumer could very well cause them to lose momentum and get leapfrogged by the next big thing.
    They turned around on the iPod, which was innovation, the iPhone, was really just a natural progression and they did it first and won. They have only tweaked it since, and now they are directionless, sure they can keep making it marginally better each year, but that will only go so far. The next leader will have to unveil something truly different, and much better, at which time we could witness a steady 2year decline for apple as they are overthrown by ___ company.

Speculation of wearables as the next big thing drove countless companies in that direction, seems pointless in hindsight as it hasn't really taken off, or rather, no company has found a way to make it a must have, as smartphones became.

Will it be BlackBerry? Who knows, they could be cooking up all kinds of cool tech that we haven't even thought of yet. But the same could be said for all tech companies (existing or developing in garages and basements)

BB for Life
    11-19-14 06:46 PM
    Business is cyclical as we all know. What goes up will come down (and with the right people at the helm with the right vision, what cane down will rise again). No doubt BlackBerry will rise to prominence once again.

Posted via CB10
    RIM99 likes this.
    11-19-14 06:47 PM
    Same reason the change is still in the sofa. Not desperate enough to bother fetching it.
    TGR1, Bsbudd and MikeX74 like this.
    11-19-14 06:50 PM
    Apple could still buy out BBRY if it wanted. Any public company can be subject to aggressive takeover by acquisition of its shares in the open market.

As for why Apple isn't interested in BBRY, no one other than Blackberry enthusiasts and a minority of investors believe it is a good company right now. Tech companies, in general, valuate the sum of BBRY's assets as <$8/share and perhaps even <$6/share based on their reception of BBRY's earlier attempts to sell itself.

There is a lot of speculation of what may make BBRY stock pop; but, IMHO as well as to most of the outside world, those reasons are detached from reality. Make no mistake. The investment community is aware that BBRY isn't about to go bankrupt or disappear any time soon; however, company valuations are based off fundamentals and just because BBRY isn't bankrupt doesn't mean it is worth $10/share.

The primary valuating fundamental of a company I would describe as the P/E or price/earnings ratio. BBRY is currently valuated mostly by P/S or price/sales ratio. BBRY's P/E ratio is laughably bad; but, in the long term, investors will expect BBRY to have a positive, moderate P/E ratio. Revenue is used to speculate how much a company can one day earn if it turns things around.

Because BBRY revenue is still falling precipitously quarter over quarter, it is becoming less and less likely that BBRY may ever achieve the earnings to attain a P/E ratio that justifies $10 or even $6/share ever again. Hence the lack of investor and tech company interest in the company. Whether BBRY attains the revenue necessary will make or break the company. Currently, John Chen is great at reducing earnings loss but there is absolutely no indication that he will reverse the trend of declining revenue.
    11-19-14 06:51 PM
    well said, well written. simply said, BBRY is now on the safe hands and the ship is now almost out of the high tide.

KEEP CALM, CAPTAIN CHEN IS #POWEREDBYBLACKBERRY!
    11-19-14 06:52 PM
    Business always wane... just a matter of time.. especially in the technology field... to date myself... I remember in the eighties where no one could conceive IBM, Word Perfect, Lotus 123 Microsoft and Novel... ever dropping from their lofty perch.... they did... guess the old adage ... those who do not study history are doomed to repeat it... such is the case here.. the problem is if you product line collapses which what happened to BB you burn through cash at an incredible rate... so yes Apple had Billions right now... but if your product goes out of favor then all the money in the world will not save you......
    11-19-14 06:52 PM
    It wasn't all that long ago that their roles were reversed and no one ever dreamed of the reality of today. BlackBerry was king and Apple was the underdog. Never say never...because someone will drag it out and quote you when it comes to be. Doesn't seem likely today, but no one knows what the future holds for either company beyond an educated guess.
    11-19-14 06:56 PM
    Didn't microsoft used to dominate browsers? ;-)

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    11-19-14 07:11 PM
    Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine? I guess you're too young to remember when Apple almost went bankrupt. Sad that.

Now I'm not saying that Blackberry will ever be in Apple's current financial sphere, but don't for a moment think that Apple can't be shifted from its current position. There has been an erosion in Apple's market share and that could well continue. It may take more than Tim Cook coming out of the closet to stem the decline.

It may not happen tomorrow or even next year but it can and probably will happen.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    Market erosion? Apple has never been interested in the low end of the market, if they were Android OEMs and Blackberry would not sell a single device.
    Blackberry wished it could have market erosion, like you called it, and still sell 40 million phones a quarter.
    11-19-14 08:09 PM
    To simply dismiss this possibility is wrong, but to bet your life on it would be worse.

While things are still working for apple, they haven't really innovated in a long time, and setting their sights on the business side instead of consumer could very well cause them to lose momentum and get leapfrogged by the next big thing.
    They turned around on the iPod, which was innovation, the iPhone, was really just a natural progression and they did it first and won. They have only tweaked it since, and now they are directionless, sure they can keep making it marginally better each year, but that will only go so far. The next leader will have to unveil something truly different, and much better, at which time we could witness a steady 2year decline for apple as they are overthrown by ___ company.

Speculation of wearables as the next big thing drove countless companies in that direction, seems pointless in hindsight as it hasn't really taken off, or rather, no company has found a way to make it a must have, as smartphones became.

Will it be BlackBerry? Who knows, they could be cooking up all kinds of cool tech that we haven't even thought of yet. But the same could be said for all tech companies (existing or developing in garages and basements)

BB for Life
    Innovation does not mean creating an original thing all the time but also improvement on existing technology like Apple, Samsung, and even Blackberry are doing, so stop the lie that they do not innovate.
    " Innovation can be viewed as the application of better solutions that meet new requirements, inarticulate needs, or existing market needs"
    jmr1015 likes this.
    11-19-14 08:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yep and they are still around and had 23B revenue last quarter a 25% increase year over year. No one is predicting MS demise either.
    11-19-14 08:16 PM
    .....Apple shall reign forever, at least that was my promise to them when they signed in blood on my contract, and as all of you know....I always keep my promises! (sarcasm)...........ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!
    MikeX74 likes this.
    11-19-14 08:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yep. Because it came installed on every PC and MS money eventually got to Netscape.
    11-19-14 08:28 PM
    I believe that BlackBerry will be around for a while, but to think that Apple will swing the other way?? With 160+ billion in cash and a product line that sells like hotcakes worldwide, I don't think it's going to happen in our lifetime.

I know folks will say they almost went under in the mid 1990's but that was a different time and long before the smartphone industry took off.

Lets look who invested a sizable amount into the company at that time, Bill Gates. Because he respected Steve Jobs and it was probably one of his better investments and it paid off nicely for him.

As far as BlackBerry's future is concerned, that's going to be dictated by smart management, stable revenue stream and future products and services that the business and consumer want to purchase. It's called basic business concepts 101. Just my two cents.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    You forget to mention a mass selling kidneys to get iPhone

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1151
    11-19-14 08:33 PM
331 123 ...