I live in Arizona, Mountain Standard Time, no DST. There is a setting in the clock settings that allows me to select Arizona but....

It won't stick, it keeps resetting to MST and then sets the time wrong.

Any ideas? This seems to be a BB only problem, I've not had it with any other phone.
    10-02-10 09:24 PM
    The problem is that I do NOT live in MST, I live in Arizona which is a different time zone as we do not have DST.
    10-03-10 07:59 AM
    Right, kjdrummer, Arizona doesn't use daylight saving time. One sun-drenched Arizonan once said to me "Why would we want more sun!?" In summer, when the rest of us of are on DST, even though Arizona is in Mountain time zone, it has the same clock time as California

Anyway, the Arizona time zone on BlackBerry is supposed to take care of that nuance. I'm wondering if you might have your device set to get its time from a PC when sync-ing? Make sure you have the time source set to "network." Not sure where to go after that - OS5 has a setting to adjust automatically to time zones, so if you have OS5 you might make sure that is turned off (I'm on wap and can't see your device).

Edit: Just thought of another possibility. Could your signal be coming from a non-Arizona tower? If so, all the more reason to make sure your BlackBerry isn't set to auto-adjust time zone.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    Last edited by jbeachy; 10-03-10 at 08:32 AM.
    10-03-10 08:25 AM
    Right, kjdrummer, Arizona doesn't use daylight saving time. One sun-drenched Arizonan once said to me "Why would we want more sun!?" In summer, when the rest of us of are on DST, even though Arizona is in Mountain time zone, it has the same clock time as California
    That's because we figured out years ago we could just set the alarm an hour earlier or later rather than run around changing all the clocks in the house. AZ really does observe DST, many people who work outside (construction, etc.) go to work an hour earlier in the summer and many businesses open an hour earlier to accommodate them.

Anyway, the Arizona time zone on BlackBerry is supposed to take care of that nuance. I'm wondering if you might have your device set to get its time from a PC when sync-ing? Make sure you have the time source set to "network." Not sure where to go after that - OS5 has a setting to adjust automatically to time zones, so if you have OS5 you might make sure that is turned off (I'm on wap and can't see your device).
    It's all set correctly, this failure is on several different BBs with VZW and T-Mo over several years. I have to turn OFF the Auto Update.

Just thought of another possibility. Could your signal be coming from a non-Arizona tower? If so, all the more reason to make sure your BlackBerry isn't set to auto-adjust time zone.
    I'm sitting smack dab in the middle of Phoenix, miles from any other timezone.

NOTE: WinMo and Android phones do NOT do this, it's definitely a BB failure.
    10-03-10 08:09 PM

It's all set correctly, this failure is on several different BBs with VZW and T-Mo over several years. I have to turn OFF the Auto Update.

NOTE: WinMo and Android phones do NOT do this, it's definitely a BB failure.
    So what do other Arizona users do to work around the problem? It can't possibly affect only you. You're probably going to have to select a different time zone to get your time to read correctly. You shouldn't have to, I agree.
    10-04-10 06:09 AM
    I wish I knew!

I know T-Mo must be going nuts, I started off this AM using an HTC HD2 (WinMo) and to test time settings switched to MyTouch 3G (Android) and now am back to
    BB 9700 to see what happens now.....

I've checked "Auto Update" and "Use Network" time as previously and so far it's not tried to change the time.... we'll see.

It's a day later and all is well *maybe*! I've switched away from the BB still trying unsuccessfully to get the WinMo phone to work but I switched back at bedtime so the BB has had all morning to mess up if it were going to do so?
    Last edited by xs11e; 10-05-10 at 10:10 AM.
    10-04-10 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD