With the release of 10.2.1 in the US, well really T mobile, should BlackBerry start advertising again with all the new features present now. If you think about it, the average person with a bb10 device was running 10.1 which was released last year. I think BlackBerry should start advertising the new features to Americans again. I'm tired of everyone saying " I didn't know they still made Blackberries "

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 07:02 PM
    I think it's always time to start advertising.

Posted via CB10
    igor10000 likes this.
    03-16-14 07:21 PM
    I think it's always time to start advertising.

Posted via CB10
    Not if you are throwing money down a hole for a lost cause

Posted via CB10
    joejuck likes this.
    03-16-14 07:35 PM
    Not if you are throwing money down a hole for a lost cause

Posted via CB10
    Well of course you need an objective to advertise and I don't believe it's a lost cause.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 07:42 PM
    Until BlackBerry has a solid outside ad firm who excels at funny, witty, sarcastic, and poignant campaigns that result in viral posts, they should not advertise since it's money down the drain. Every ad I've seen them create is just terrible.

Why they haven't found an ad firm to take an aggressive stance is beyond me. It still suggests that they need to clean house in their marketing department as well as their executive ranks who think subtle, passive, boring ads will eventually win over Samsung's billion dollar ad budget. Ouch.

Posted via CB10
    daithiD, haringfish and gebco like this.
    03-16-14 07:48 PM
    Until BlackBerry has a solid outside ad firm who excels at funny, witty, sarcastic, and poignant campaigns that result in viral posts, they should not advertise since it's money down the drain. Every ad I've seen them create is just terrible.

Why they haven't found an ad firm to take an aggressive stance is beyond me. It still suggests that they need to clean house in their marketing department as well as their executive ranks who think subtle, passive, boring ads will eventually win over Samsung's billion dollar ad budget. Ouch.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly!!!!!!!!!! Commercials like volkswagen are mad funny and genius!!! They need people like that behind their marketing team lol.

Posted via CB10
    drkpitt likes this.
    03-16-14 08:45 PM
    They are playing the enterprise game right now. Advertising in the consumer market right now isnt worth it IMO. They need time to rebuild still and release the foxconn devices. After sales start to be more respectable and you are ready with the next main stream consumer device, then you can advertise full out
    03-16-14 08:54 PM
    What good does it do to advertise when most of your target audience isn't going to find the Blackberry device they are looking for in stores? Let's face it - Blackberry isn't really on the consumer market any longer.
    03-16-14 08:54 PM
    You need an advertising budget of several times BlackBerry's total market cap to be able to embark on a what is practically a re-education program to reverse the well-established pop-culture "worldview" that BlackBerry made those funny tiny keyboard things back in the early 00s and is now dead.

Posted via CB10
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    03-16-14 08:57 PM
    This will help...
    Is it time to start advertising again?-img_20140316_175316.jpg

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 09:48 PM
    Absolutely not, wait till the company turns a profit, at least no mainstream expensive advertising. And definitely don't waste any money trying to advertise in the US. The carriers are trying to get rid of BlackBerry from their stores. Until BlackBerry becomes an American company they won't support it.

Zed30
    03-16-14 10:01 PM
    I saw an advertisement for The Source which explicitly mentioned BlackBerry smartphones. It aired on CTV tonight (Sunday).

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    03-16-14 10:30 PM
    Wait for a new phone to drop. The current crop have too much of a tainted image now.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    03-17-14 06:38 AM
    What good does it do to advertise when most of your target audience isn't going to find the Blackberry device they are looking for in stores? Let's face it - Blackberry isn't really on the consumer market any longer.
    Agreed.

Loving my Zed 10!!
    Bbnivende likes this.
    03-17-14 06:42 AM
    They have to build more of a foundation right now. Once they have a solid foundation and new flagships with better spec's that will separate them from the other phones then I would say advertise.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 06:49 AM
    Commercials like volkswagen are mad funny and genius!!!
    One of my fav.

"like a golf"
    "And if you listen carefully.... it sounds just like a golf"

In an attempt to position the Golf marque as the best in class model in the hatchback car market, VW has launched a TV ad highlighting how it has become a ubiquitous name referred to in many contexts.

From a witness to a road traffic incident to a woman renting a hire car, the public are seen using the word ‘Golf’ as a descriptor for a hatchback car that isn’t actually a Golf.
    03-17-14 07:19 AM
    Definitely especially with the Z3 coming out

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 07:39 AM
    I am not sure what they could advertise. The VW Golf ad above would be better applied to a iphone. The issue here is why buy a BlackBerry ? For myself the only reason to buy a BlackBerry is the physical keyboard. For others it may be the OS.
    I suppose if they had ordinary people telling their story that might resonate. Perhaps they could use John Chen. Really I am at a loss because while I might want a BlackBerry, I certainly could not convince anyone else why they should. Perhaps if the BlackBerry had the best build quality or the cheapest prices or they advertised that they had a new "hybrid" OS that could use both android and BB10 apps.
    03-17-14 08:32 AM
    There's nothing for them to advertise at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 08:42 AM
    I am not sure what they could advertise.
    They could advertise nothing... again...

“people don't know what they want until you show it to them.” - Steve Jobs
    "it's easier to show what the Z10 can't do" - Blackberry (superbowl ad)
    03-17-14 08:48 AM
    There's nothing for them to advertise at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe if they had a Red Z10 like yours. When the red developers gift model came out I posted that they should have red Z10 for the rest of us consumers. The idea was shot down by Crackberry regulars as being too expensive. Funny in retrospect.
    03-17-14 08:52 AM
    They should definitely start advertising bb10. Consumers and the market now is different from before. I hope they can show the features and how it's applicable in real life than just showing some businessman in the office. They need more than that to rebuild a brand as they need to re-introduce the BB10

via Q10
    03-17-14 08:54 AM
    Maybe if they had a Red Z10 like yours. When the red developers gift model came out I posted that they should have red Z10 for the rest of us consumers. The idea was shot down by Crackberry regulars as being too expensive. Funny in retrospect.
    The idea was probably shot down more so for people wanting developers to have a special device.

The Limited Edition Z10 is definitely a conversation starter.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 03:56 PM
    The next James Bond movie should have BlackBerries!

What happens in Vegas...
    03-17-14 05:36 PM
    They have to build more of a foundation right now. Once they have a solid foundation and new flagships with better spec's that will separate them from the other phones then I would say advertise.

Posted via CB10
    The hardware specifications of the current BlackBerry 10 smartphones is more than sufficient for the various tasks for which they were intended. The issue for BlackBerry, the company and the brand, is simply lack of credibility in the eyes of the smartphone buyers. We can agree nobody beats BlackBerry for security and communications productivity in organisations. BYOD has forced BlackBerry to support Apple iPhone and the various Google Android smartphones within the BlackBerry Enterprise Service management system. For consumers and those permitted BYOD by their employers, the lack of availability and advertising has been detrimental. Chen could release a new flagship smartphone every week but the perception of the brand persists due to poor or absent advertising and promotion of features. STOP ANNOUNCING NEW FLAGSHIP DEVICES EVERY TWO QUARTERS! Focus, focus, focus.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    daithiD likes this.
    03-17-14 05:47 PM
42 12