Anyone know why it does this? I've had my phone less than a month and it has done it 3 times. I woke up and it had done it sometime in the night.
    05-24-09 09:08 AM
    If you have enabled the DM option to sync device time to PC time, and either the device or the PC are set to the wrong time zone, whenever you sync, the time on your device will change. Make sure you have the correct time zone selected in both places. Confusing Central America time with Central Time (US & Canada) is a common mistake. Both are GMT-6, but Central America does not observe DST.
    05-24-09 09:56 AM
    Jeff, it WAS on Central American Time and I just changed it to Central Time...you think that was it?

THANK YOU
    05-24-09 10:38 AM
    That was definitely a problem, but it's a 1-hr error. I don't understand how it could cause a 2-hr error.

If you set your BlackBerry time source to Network, you don't need the PC-to-BB time sync anyway. You can disable that option and prevent the PC from changing your BlackBerry time.
    05-24-09 10:45 AM
    it was already set to network, so I'm not sure about the 2 hour thing.

Hopefully, though, this fixed it.
    05-24-09 10:57 AM
    Now while I was in the car about an hour ago, I checked the time and it was 1 hour ahead! What the heck?
    05-24-09 05:21 PM
    Have you synched to your PC? I'm not aware of any apps that can automatically change the time zone on a BlackBerry.
    05-24-09 05:34 PM
    I haven't done anything with the disc that came with it yet.
    05-24-09 05:37 PM
    If you have not synched with a PC, my earlier post about DM causing your time to change isn't applicable. If you have your time source set to Network, and the correct time zone selected, and are not synching to a PC, then I would suspect either a defective device, or someone is playing a prank on you by changing your time zone.
    05-24-09 07:45 PM
    If you have not synched with a PC, my earlier post about DM causing your time to change isn't applicable. If you have your time source set to Network, and the correct time zone selected, and are not synching to a PC, then I would suspect either a defective device, or someone is playing a prank on you by changing your time zone.
    I'm the only one that has access to the phone..maybe I'll give it a couple more days and go to a Sprint store and see what I can do.
    05-24-09 09:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD