...and I'm a little disappointed with Blackberry right now. I've been a loyal BB owner and defender for 4 years now, but the products they have to offer at the moment are just not up to par with some other high-end phones right now.

I really do love my Bold 9000, but it's been acting a little off lately and I guess I'm just a little bored using the same phone for so long. The Torch is impressive, but it's processor speed is not. I'm looking for a phone that is causes heads to turn. Unfortunately, I'm not a phone guru nor can I find a website that compares the latest phones. I've heard great things about the Evo, Incredile HD, Playstation Phone, and Iphone 4, but every site I go to is outdated. A lot of them still list the Iphone 3GS as the best phone available.

Does anyone know of a site that compares the latest phones? Can anyone recommend a great phone that has it all - big screen, high resolution, 1Ghz processor, 5+ megapixel camera, and all the other bells and whistles that all the best phones have all rolled into one phone? I'm not just looking for a Camaro or Mustang. I want the Corvette or Viper.
    11-17-10 01:38 PM
    I'm not just looking for a Camaro or Mustang. I want the Corvette or Viper.
    You will always be one turn behind the leader of the pack. Androids always seem to have the newest, fastest biggest baddest hardware out there. But i have a sneaky feeling Blackberry (RIM) will be releasing a monster soon. The airwaves have been quite about any new phones coming out.....
    11-17-10 01:55 PM
    I think I found the phone for me - the Dell Streak. I never heard of it until today. Google it.
    11-17-10 07:13 PM
    At a quick glance that looks like a good phone.(really good)

As a previous Droid 1 user... the only thing I would be asking (and what users find important..varies from person to person), but Bluetooth Voice dialing is/was horrible on my Droid 1 with 2.2 (a.k.a. Froyo) in comparison to my 9650. Absolutely no comparison. That's one thing that has me kicking back for a while. ALMOST bought an Epic a week or so ago... but it has 2.1 on it... so it doesn't even have the horrible voice dialing yet.

But to each his own. I hope you find a phone that you really like. Just try and play with them for a little while or hit the web for reviews and such... which it sounds like you already have been doing.

Either way... that Dell would definitely turn some heads.

EDIT: (Added below)

You will always be one turn behind the leader of the pack. Androids always seem to have the newest, fastest biggest baddest hardware out there. But i have a sneaky feeling Blackberry (RIM) will be releasing a monster soon. The airwaves have been quite about any new phones coming out.....
    This is very very true. For every corvette or viper... there's always a Lamborghini RIGHT around the corner. (These car acronyms are great) LOL
    Last edited by BB_Noobie; 11-17-10 at 07:48 PM.
    11-17-10 07:31 PM
    I realized I forgot to mention a website I would recommend which is http://www.engadget.com/. Also...when I went there just now... the Dell Streak is mentioned on the front page.
    11-17-10 07:56 PM
    There's more to performance than the spec sheet. The Torch may 'only' have a 624 mhz processor, but it ain't no slouch. I don't know about you, but I don't get a phone because it turns somebody else's head, I get one because it does what I need it to better than the others. Get what you need that works best for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-10 08:31 PM
    While some may think I'm biased, but regardless the massive amount of androids out there, I still think the iphone4 is the pack leader, when it comes to technology. Its touch screen functionality and feel is simply unbeatable (for now), but I think when it comes to iphones it's a love/hate relationship always, there is nothing between. Beside the apps, you can have massive amount of extra accessories you can buy for it.
    11-17-10 09:42 PM
    I got the phone today. All I can say is ...... WOW!
    11-18-10 08:08 PM
    Best phone really depends on ur needs. The hottest phones out now are Iphone4, Droid X, Evo4g, and HTC Incredible if you want all touchscreen. If you need a keyboard the BB Torch, Droid 2, Droid Pro, and G2 are the best hardware devices.

11-18-10 10:43 PM
    and if you want a traditional phone keypad (QWERTY or classic)? what can you advise?
    11-19-10 02:53 AM
    So basically you want a phone that you can brag about?
    11-19-10 05:49 AM
    I think I found the phone for me - the Dell Streak. I never heard of it until today. Google it.
    I got the phone today. All I can say is ...... WOW!
    So, in less than seven hours, you asked for peoples' opinions, compared specs of all the top phones, tried them out at the stores, and then purchased a phone that just came out???
    11-19-10 06:01 AM
    Actually, it came out a few months ago, just no one has heard of it because you can only buy it at dell.com and Best Buy. I'm telling you though, this phone is freaking flip fantastic. I'm simply amazed by it. I pull it out and people are initially shocked by it's size. It looks like a small TV. I'm so used to Blackberry, which I used to be convinced were superior to all phones. But this phone is so complex I'm still overwhelmed by it. I'm getting the hang of it, though. Besides the large and beautiful screen, the next big thing that sticks out for me is its speed. It surfs the internet faster than my laptop. I'm not even kidding. My Bold seems like a Commodore 64 compared to the Streak. I've also successfully used it as a portable WiFi hotspot. I could tether if I wanted to, but why bother when I can share my connection? Blackberry's interface seems so outdated now. I love being able to customize my 7 different home screens any way I want. I also like being able to view each and every webpage without being told that I can't see it because I don't have Flash like on my Bold. That's right, it has Flash. If you really really wanted to, you can also use a bluetooth keyboard and mouse with this thing. I was very impressed by the video quality of a video I shot in 720p. I can also connect this thing via HDMI to a TV. I'm floored by this tablet/phone. This is coming from a guy who was die-hard Blackberry for 4 years. You can remain a skeptical Blackberry fanboy if you wish, but this phone is amazing.
    11-19-10 05:03 PM
    lol @ caring about what phone other people are using.
    11-19-10 05:24 PM
    I seriously considered getting the evo4g(which is smaller than your phone), especially since I was coming from a Droid 1. However... reasons like the ones on THIS SITE-(Scroll down entire page) are why I chose the blackberry. I don't want to carry something almost the size of a netbook around in my pants. If it's that important to do, and my phone can't pull it off... I'll fire up the notebook or use a desktop.

When I went to Sprint store there were two regional reps at the store when I bought my phone and both had the Evo4G and both couldn't understand why I would chose a Bold when I was already a Droid user. They acted like I was crazy. And I had NEVER owned a BB. In the end I acted like the $199 was nuts since it was same as the Evo4g and started walking out. Then they stopped me and knocked off $50 and it had a $100.00 MIR(which I got). $50 bucks for brand new 9650... I couldn't pass it up. Every day that goes by I like the phone more and more. In the end... to each his own.

I'm glad you like your phone and I sincerely mean that. It looks freakin' awesome. And hope you continue to enjoy it. Heck I would even like to use it a bit and check it out. But just couldn't use it daily. The screen would be busted in a week.
    Last edited by BB_Noobie; 11-19-10 at 07:06 PM.
    11-19-10 07:02 PM
    Yes, the size is a major plus but also a drawback at the same time. The good thing for me is that I'm in the Army and I have like a million big pockets all over my uniform. Stowing it is no problem at all for me. I don't go anywhere after work during the weekdays, so the only time I'll put in a jeans pocket is on a weekend, which I only go out for a few hours on a Friday or Saturday night. The glass is seemingly indestructible gorilla glass. I was even brave/dumb enough to try to scratch a small corner of it with a nail. No marks at all.

I'm not a business guy, so all the business-related reasons for getting a BB do not apply to me. I'm like a grown kid (you almost have to be to be in the Army), so fun factor is a priority for me when it comes to cell phones. I was getting really bored with my Bold playing Hearts and Spades over and over again. The Android Market is flooded with fun stuff to add to my phone, including live widgets. Live widgets are remarkable. Facebook is refreshed in what seems like real-time right on my homescreen. That's not possible on my Bold.

Another gem I discovered last night - the GPS. I don't know if BB has any turn-by-turn voice navigation apps. I used Google maps on my Bold and was pretty happy with it, though I would drive past my turn from time to time. Latitude on my Streak is better than my Garmin. The turn by turn directions are accurate, the location of where the phones says I am and where I really am is dead on. The voice directions are loud and clear. In that sense it is equal to my Garmin. Where it excedes it is size of screen and less annoying voice directions. My Garmin would give me way to many warnings of when a turn was coming up.

Going back to the Android Market, it is much easier to use than the BB App World. I don't know how to really describe how it's better other than it's much more user-friendly. It's easier to find stuff and download it.

Android OS vs. BB OS - BB gets an epic fail in this department. It's severly outdated. The Best Buy I went to had a real Streak on display to use, not the fake plastic kind if you really want to try this phone out. The one on display is a little old running Android 1.6. No Flash and less home screens, but it's essentially the same.

The only area that BB exceeds my phone is physical keyboard. I really do miss that as I'm trying to get used to touch screen keyboards. However, my keyboard does have a number pad, which I really really like. It's just going to take some getting used to using a touch screen keyboard.

At first I was looking for a high-end sports car of a phone that wows people. I exceeded in that regard, but I'm way past that now. This phone has so many reasons to like it that caring what other people think about it are a distant memory. It's actually kind of a curse because every time I pull it out someone wants to use it.

In the end, this phone is everything that I wanted in a phone. The size may be intimidating to some people. For me, it works. That's all that really matters. Until BB drastically alters their OS, improves their CPU, and comes out with screens that I don't have to hold inches from my face to see, I won't be getting a BB again anytime soon.
    11-20-10 11:45 AM
    Yes, the size is a major plus but also a drawback at the same time. The good thing for me is that I'm in the Army and I have like a million big pockets all over my uniform. Stowing it is no problem at all for me. I don't go anywhere after work during the weekdays, so the only time I'll put in a jeans pocket is on a weekend, which I only go out for a few hours on a Friday or Saturday night. The glass is seemingly indestructible gorilla glass. I was even brave/dumb enough to try to scratch a small corner of it with a nail. No marks at all.

I'm not a business guy, so all the business-related reasons for getting a BB do not apply to me. I'm like a grown kid (you almost have to be to be in the Army), so fun factor is a priority for me when it comes to cell phones. I was getting really bored with my Bold playing Hearts and Spades over and over again. The Android Market is flooded with fun stuff to add to my phone, including live widgets. Live widgets are remarkable. Facebook is refreshed in what seems like real-time right on my homescreen. That's not possible on my Bold.

Another gem I discovered last night - the GPS. I don't know if BB has any turn-by-turn voice navigation apps. I used Google maps on my Bold and was pretty happy with it, though I would drive past my turn from time to time. Latitude on my Streak is better than my Garmin. The turn by turn directions are accurate, the location of where the phones says I am and where I really am is dead on. The voice directions are loud and clear. In that sense it is equal to my Garmin. Where it excedes it is size of screen and less annoying voice directions. My Garmin would give me way to many warnings of when a turn was coming up.

Going back to the Android Market, it is much easier to use than the.BB App World. I don't know how to really describe how it's better other than it's much more user-friendly. It's easier to find stuff and download it.

Android OS vs. BB OS - BB gets an epic fail in this department. It's severly outdated. The Best Buy I went to had a real Streak on display to use, not the fake plastic kind if you really want to try this phone out. The one on display is a little old running Android 1.6. No Flash and less home screens, but it's essentially the same.

The only area that BB exceeds my phone is physical keyboard. I really do miss that as I'm trying to get used to touch screen keyboards. However, my keyboard does have a number pad, which I really really like. It's just going to take some getting used to using a touch screen keyboard.

At first I was looking for a high-end sports car of a phone that wows people. I exceeded in that regard, but I'm way past that now. This phone has so many reasons to like it that caring what other people think about it are a distant memory. It's actually kind of a curse because every time I pull it out someone wants to use it.

In the end, this phone is everything that I wanted in a phone. The size may be intimidating to some people. For me, it works. That's all that really matters. Until BB drastically alters their OS, improves their CPU, and comes out with screens that I don't have to hold inches from my face to see, I won't be getting a BB again anytime soon.
    Dude, nobody really cares, we love blackberry for a reason. Hope you pack some spare bateries as well in those many pockets of yours. Now please go play with your android mates and leave us alone.

11-20-10 12:12 PM
    ......Going back to the Android Market, it is much easier to use than the BB App World. I don't know how to really describe how it's better other than it's much more user-friendly. It's easier to find stuff and download it. .....
    No doubt. Android Market is much better.(IMHO) But Crackberry and MobiHand help fill the gap a in that regard.

If your in the army.. thanks for your service. Also, maybe Otterbox will make a "Defender" series case for it eventually.(maybe already?? ) That would help protect it.

Anyway... good luck.
    11-20-10 03:35 PM
    I think someone owns stock.
    11-20-10 04:31 PM
    5" screen is just massive. I thought 4" was big. I don't think I could ever use a phone that large.
    11-20-10 06:19 PM
    @ szgorzelski

if you want to turn heads everytime you put your phone out, get one of these bad boys... otherwise.. you're just a commoner like the rest..

World’s Most Expensive Cell Phones
    11-20-10 06:28 PM
    Some of those phones are just plain ugly.
    11-20-10 06:34 PM
    ^ but they will make head turns for sure.
    11-20-10 06:36 PM
    11-20-10 07:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD