Woa people! I really had hoped that if I explained my position (an iphone user looking to switch because iPhone 4s hasnt excited me enough) that this wouldn't turn into a brand war. I wasnt looking to stir anything up between members and I do appreciate the constructive comments about the positive points of both platforms.

If people just want to say "my device is better than yours" well Id suggest engadget or gizmodo comments sections otherwise this thread may get locked out.

My position right now is I will wait out this Amazon price drop as it seems to be plummeting everyday. IF it comes down to �400 or less Im back in. Looks like Amazon messing up my Saturday order has been for the best.

Thanks for (some of) the comments so far peeps.

*EDIT: Well looks like Amazon have pulled the 9900 for now.....?

Item Under Review

This product is not currently offered by Amazon.co.uk because a customer recently told us that the item he or she received was not as described.

We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible. In the meantime, you may still find this product available from other sellers on this page.
    Last edited by Jimmy_UK; 10-10-11 at 05:11 AM. Reason: added
    10-10-11 02:44 AM
    Hi Jimmy

Thats because its in short supply at the moment, it has proved very popular in the UK Might i suggest looking on ebay, you could pick up an unlocked unbranded one for just under �400.00 there are several reputable retailers on there with 100% feedback and your warranty is still the same.
    10-10-11 08:00 AM
    Jimmy

just looked on amazon they are now selling direct again at �467.94 !!

I would get it on ebay !!
    10-10-11 08:04 AM
    I still wouldn't call the 4S a "let down".

Preorders for iPhone 4S sell 1 million units in one day
    10-10-11 08:24 AM
    I still wouldn't call the 4S a "let down".

Preorders for iPhone 4S sell 1 million units in one day
    Just for comparison, anyone know how many OS7 units moved in one day or up until now?
    10-10-11 08:51 AM
    Wow people are being called trolls for giving a real world experience with the iPhone 4, which is made of the same glass that is on the iPhone 4S. Amazing how someone says they were surprised that when they dropped the device from a relatively high point (way high enough to easily break glass) damage was minimal.

I fail to see where people were pretending the device was durable. That wasn't said once in this thread.
    reeneebob likes this.
    10-10-11 09:22 AM
    Just for comparison, anyone know how many OS7 units moved in one day or up until now?
    I don't think that information is available, but I don't know of anyone who would claim there were 1 million pre-orders in 24 hours, even though there were multiple models released.
    10-10-11 09:26 AM
    I don't think that information is available, but I don't know of anyone who would claim there were 1 million pre-orders in 24 hours, even though there were multiple models released.
    I doubt there have been 1M orders period for all the BB OS7 devices. I just can't see it happening, but who knows.
    10-10-11 10:58 AM
    I doubt there have been 1M orders period for all the BB OS7 devices. I just can't see it happening, but who knows.
    Preorders in one day? Not a chance. The Bold 9900 and the new Curve still aren't even available on AT&T.
    10-10-11 11:13 AM
    Preorders in one day? Not a chance. The Bold 9900 and the new Curve still aren't even available on AT&T.
    this may interest ya, but theres a whole world of carriers outside of the USA, so availablility on one carrier in one country probably wont be a massive worldwide effect.
    10-10-11 11:16 AM
    this may interest ya, but theres a whole world of carriers outside of the USA, so availablility on one carrier in one country probably wont be a massive worldwide effect.
    I'm quite aware of that fact actually. I was just pointing that out. AT&T is a HUGE carrier in the US. So it could potentially make up a couple hundred thousand preorders, you know.

And even still with AT&T not having those two devices, there is no way BlackBerry would ever have 1 Million pre-orders in 24 hours. I'm sorry. Love BlackBerry, but it wouldn't happen, not even when BBX/QNX is launched.
    10-10-11 11:19 AM
    With the experience that most forum members have had with cell phone sales people, that is probably something you want to keep to yourself if you are looking for respect
    And you'd do well to remember that not ALL wireless sales people are bad. Some of us actually listen to the customer and recommend based on what is best for them, not what has extra commission attached. I always, ALWAYS, assist with getting the phone set up, and if I sell a BB I write Crackberry's address on the customers paperwork so they can take advantage of the 101 series to learn their phone and keep frustration levels down. Likewise, androidcentral and TIPB get recommended for those systems.

Some of us try to treat the customer the way we would like to be treated, 'most' forum members not withstanding. I'd love to see the scientific number crunching that got you to the conclusion that the majority of people here have had only bad experiences.

I would love for everyone to work a week in retail, and a week in a call centre. Then maybe some attitudes would change regarding the representatives. The abuse we take at times is unreal. I got told once that the guy wished I was 'raped at knifepoint on my way home, and if I have children they get raped too'. It can be hard to shake that off. Eventually, it starts to turn you towards hating the customer.

Not all of us are like that, but I think there would be more respect both ways if everyone had to walk a mile in the reps shoes.
    10-10-11 12:54 PM
    Slightly bent the truth as I had Amazon vouchers totalling �35 so it would have been �485 real money. Still over �100 cheaper than 32gb iPhone 4s.

I bought into the iPhone 5 rumours and wanted the larger, redesigned aluminium backed phone.

I like how the 3G sits in my hand with it's curved back, I like that I can drop it many times on any surface and it has survived without a scratch.

The iPhone 4 does not sit nicely in the hand, it appears to be very fragile if dropped and having seen first hand how holding the phone drops the signal to nothing and screens with light bleed and yellow spots (this was at launch so its issues may well have been fixed) - well the iPhone 4s is the same design.

Yes I think it's strong qualities are still a fast browser, good camera (only in good light mind), helpful customer service and it retains resale value but I was hoping for that rumoured redesign and not getting one leads me to believe that Apple will be changing ALL of it's product range come 2012 to something completely new in order to stay fresh.

I can't bring myself to spend �600 on a phone that will slightly disappoint once the iPhone 5 I did want launches next year and I won't be buying as I can't afford it. Then there will be iPad 3 enticing me with retina display and siri etc etc. Gotta get if this candy technology and start eating a little healthier with some good working technology that's a little more understated.

The 9900 will do what I need like email and calls, I can browse faster than my 3G and the camera is good enough for the occasion I don't have a real camera to hand. But I'm gaining a keyboard, led notification, bridge, crackberry forums, bbm with the missus and I feel I need to grow up a little and not have toys like game apps I get bored of in a day and to not keep riding the apple train to the next "gotta have" product because I'm a sucker for it and always get caught up in it.
    I don't have the antanna issue, but I know a few people who did. I had a curve when the 4 first came out and I sat in my office, held it the exact dame way people say you can't hold the iPhone and it also dropped to near zero bars.

On another note, I just dropped my iPhone 4 during lunch on the concrete garage floor (for the millionth time) because I always forget to take it out of my lap when I get out the car. So far I can still sell it as being in mint condition. Not one scratch. It has a bumper on it but no screen protector or anything like that. Not exaggerating but I drop it at least once a month and it's landed directly on the screen more then once. Compared to the 3G it's more durable.

In any event good luck with your 9900. For certain things, blackberry rocks so I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
    10-10-11 01:12 PM
    Well as I said Amazon messed up with my order and seeing the price drops I cancelled to wait out for the magic �400ish mark..seeing the price go from �422 back upto �467 has meant im still on the fence. No way I'm purchasing from eBay, I've been burnt before. Mmmm.....
    10-10-11 01:26 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD