Thank you for the well thought out and honest replys. You all brought a tear to my eye........
    The world may have a chance after all! LOL.

Posted with my Q
    07-22-14 08:29 PM
    Have I ever NEEDED more space: NO
    Have I ever NEEDED to replace the battery: NO
    Do I CARE about ringtones: NO
    Do I spend a minute of my day bemoaning lack of flash: NO

Have I seen the video of the sapphire glass panel that can bend 90 degrees without breaking? YES

Have I EVER thrown my phone into a wall? NO
    Have I EVER broken a screen case on or caseless? NO (well except my Curve 8330)

Am I wondering why I wasted time responding to such a stupid post? YES

Did I make sure to post this from a BlackBerry just to highlight the stupidity of platform wars? YOU BETCHA.

Posted via CB10
    Not to inflame any platform wars as I agree they are silly...... but.....

Can you get a new 16GB iPhone under $600? NO

Will an iphone play an MP3 file? NO (correct me if I am wrong on this)

I have over 16GB of music alone on my $150 Q5. All MP3 and WMA. Free from i Tunes and other iBig Brother Knows Best..... Yay!!
    07-22-14 09:16 PM
    I can't even believe we're still listening to people saying "tools not toys" that argument is dead and over. If BlackBerry stops making handsets, and that seems like a pretty likely outcome, will everyone just assume " I guess the world just didn't need any tools " ? No. The concession will obviously be "I guess those 'toys' were good enough.
    This and the use of efficient.
    07-22-14 09:25 PM
    Not to inflame any platform wars as I agree they are silly...... but.....

Can you get a new 16GB iPhone under $600? NO

Will an iphone play an MP3 file? NO (correct me if I am wrong on this)

I have over 16GB of music alone on my $150 Q5. All MP3 and WMA. Free from i Tunes and other iBig Brother Knows Best..... Yay!!
    I have always used iTunes. Even before I owned Apple devices I used iTunes. I have never understood the rabid hatred for iTunes. I have all my music on an sd card that was dragged and dropped from my iTunes folder...and they are all mp3 or wma format...and that sd card has followed me from BB to android devices. All of them. Including stuff I downloaded when napster etc were around (and I was young and stupid and didn't think about stealing someone's intellectual property). No 'big brothering' going on. Now that I'm older and wiser, though, I buy all my music. All of it. But that doesn't mean that those long ago files can't be played on any device I want...although I plugged in my iPhone to iTunes for the first time in a year yesterday to install iOS 8 beta 4 so I can't even remember the last time I used iTunes heh. All my music is in iTunes Match and so I have access to it everywhere (yes, including the long ago illegally acquired stuff).

Likewise, I don't have a problem spending $600 for my 16gb iPhone. It's worth it to me, for the customer support I get from Apple that I never got from BB or Samsung, and the quality of the device.

So I guess I don't see what the big deal is *shrug*.

Edit

07-22-14 10:58 PM
    Have I ever NEEDED more space: NO
    Have I ever NEEDED to replace the battery: NO
    Do I CARE about ringtones: NO
    Do I spend a minute of my day bemoaning lack of flash: NO

Have I seen the video of the sapphire glass panel that can bend 90 degrees without breaking? YES

Have I EVER thrown my phone into a wall? NO
    Have I EVER broken a screen case on or caseless? NO (well except my Curve 8330)

Am I wondering why I wasted time responding to such a stupid post? YES

Did I make sure to post this from a BlackBerry just to highlight the stupidity of platform wars? YOU BETCHA.

Posted via CB10
    To each there own... the points I've raised are what I want in a phone the points you have raised are what you want in a phone.

I'm not correct and you are not correct. The right device is the device YOU choose.

The point I would like to raise is that MANY iPhone users get a iPhone just for the hype of having an iPhone, and as such then realise the concerns I have risen are their reality.

I saw that to avoid this getting personal or tatty.

Posted via my sexy all black Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.3247
    07-22-14 11:14 PM
    I haven't needed to replace my battery, onboard memory space is enough, I changed my ring tone to whatever was included with my phone, and most times if a website has flash I don't worry about it since that's not what I went there for. If I do need flash I just bookmark it for later viewing when I have time to sit down.

Posted via CB10
    Change your ringtone to whatever was included in the phone!
    Memory space is enough!

Bill Gates once said 640K was enough for anybody!

07-22-14 11:17 PM
    To each there own... the points I've raised are what I want in a phone the points you have raised are what you want in a phone.

I'm not correct and you are not correct. The right device is the device YOU choose.

The point I would like to raise is that MANY iPhone users get a iPhone just for the hype of having an iPhone, and as such then realise the concerns I have risen are their reality.

I saw that to avoid this getting personal or tatty.

Agree on different strokes for different folks.

Say that many folks do get a device based on hype alone. Wouldn't the onus then be on the manufacturer to make a device that keeps them happy?

My point being that a company can't live too long on hype alone. It has to deliver a product that can keep people coming back.
    moyah8, TGR1 and pantlesspenguin like this.
    07-22-14 11:22 PM
    Hype huh? So it wasn't the app store or the support or the build or the ecosystem or the interoperability with my iPad and iPod and with my upcoming Mac huh? It was hype....
    Who knew.....

Sent from my SEXY RED SGIII using Tapatalk.
    JeepBB likes this.
    07-23-14 01:48 AM
    Actually, the earlier iPhones had pretty much none of what you've just listed. It was purely a wave of hype which allowed Apple to bully the carriers into restrictive buying terms, which then forced them to push hard to shift the enormous stocks.

Apple offered pretty much zero innovation when they launched the first iPhone. It didn't have an app store, it didn't even have 3G or MMS. It was a terrible product. Others had been making all-touch devices for a while. The idea that the iPhone 'changed everything' is the result of years of drip-feed revisionist advertising.
    moyah8 and HabsFan9860 like this.
    07-23-14 03:54 AM
    I have always used iTunes. Even before I owned Apple devices I used iTunes. I have never understood the rabid hatred for iTunes. I have all my music on an sd card that was dragged and dropped from my iTunes folder...and they are all mp3 or wma format...and that sd card has followed me from BB to android devices. All of them. Including stuff I downloaded when napster etc were around (and I was young and stupid and didn't think about stealing someone's intellectual property). No 'big brothering' going on. Now that I'm older and wiser, though, I buy all my music. All of it. But that doesn't mean that those long ago files can't be played on any device I want...although I plugged in my iPhone to iTunes for the first time in a year yesterday to install iOS 8 beta 4 so I can't even remember the last time I used iTunes heh. All my music is in iTunes Match and so I have access to it everywhere (yes, including the long ago illegally acquired stuff).

Likewise, I don't have a problem spending $600 for my 16gb iPhone. It's worth it to me, for the customer support I get from Apple that I never got from BB or Samsung, and the quality of the device.

So I guess I don't see what the big deal is *shrug*.

Edit

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/23/yjaqezyb.jpg
    So the iPhone plays "MP3s with up to 320 kb/s"? Nice.

Two weeks ago I just wanted to try out FLAC so I downloaded an album with around 700 kb/s. Just dragged and dropped it on my Z10 to see if it works. The stock music player recognized it immediately incl tags and album art, played the files flawlessly. I like that BlackBerrys just do whatever you throw at them.

So a phone that's limited to MP3s up to a certain quality that have to be loaded onto the phone via iTunes/iCloud is pretty much the worst I can think of.

It's pretty much like you have capabilities as well as restrictions with phones and people who either use or don't care about them. iOS has restrictions for me I can't stand, but iPhone users don't care about. BlackBerry has capabilities for me I love, but iPhone users see no need for. On the flipside iPhone users see shortcomings in BlackBerry I don't care about and love capabilities on the iPhone I don't care about. I guess it's just the way it is.

Happy for iOS users that OS v8 brings them some app interoperability after 7 years. That's a step so big in my books that I almost feel that the iPhone is finally becoming smart.
    moyah8 likes this.
    07-23-14 05:35 AM
    A million reasons to ditch apple but here is just one. http://www.naturalnews.com/046127_iP...veillance.html

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 05:46 AM
    A million reasons to ditch apple but here is just one. http://www.naturalnews.com/046127_iP...veillance.html

Posted via CB10
    come on....you can do better than that if you think any government is unable to get what they want out of you

Canada, UK, USA, Germany...whoever....have got a dozen little tricks up their sleeves they can launch before I finished typing this sentence.

Been saying this for years.....privacy from any government is an illusion. Not saying it's good, just saying all those guys have got anything and everything they want *REGARDLESS* of what phone you use.

Wake up.

Only way to avoid the data trail you leave behind you EVERY.SINGLE.DAY is to live off the grid.

And no I'm not going to give sources. Do your own research. WITHOUT platform specific blinders on.

And if you think I'm saying this now because I've got an iPhone, and you want to discount me because of it, you need to think back on the times I said it when I had nothing but BlackBerries.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, AWESOME Gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk
    07-23-14 06:08 AM
    Actually, the earlier iPhones had pretty much none of what you've just listed. It was purely a wave of hype which allowed Apple to bully the carriers into restrictive buying terms, which then forced them to push hard to shift the enormous stocks.

Apple offered pretty much zero innovation when they launched the first iPhone. It didn't have an app store, it didn't even have 3G or MMS. It was a terrible product. Others had been making all-touch devices for a while. The idea that the iPhone 'changed everything' is the result of years of drip-feed revisionist advertising.
    who said anything to the effect that only iPhones had touchscreens or innovation?

I bought my first iPhone way back in 2009 because the browser on the 9700 I had was abysmal. It was no hype, it was my reason and it was a fact.

It was also a fact that it synced beautifully with my iTunes account and all the music and folders I has set up on my iPod were there on my iPhone. So yes there was interoperability back in 2009.

Want to talk about what devices didn't have at launch? My first Blackberry back in 2004 didn't have a camera. I don't think it even has a browser, come to think of it. I had flash in my android devices long before BlackBerry.

So what?!?! Tech develops.

Here is a news breaking bit of info...it doesn't matter who did what first. What matters is what the consumer buys.

Last edited by qbnkelt; 07-23-14 at 06:31 AM.
    07-23-14 06:18 AM
    Memory space is enough!

Mike and Jim once said that apps were not important and said people should use the browser. They also said the iPhone wouldn't impact BlackBerry. They also said some very quotable things. Should I get them for you?
    ajst222 and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    07-23-14 06:39 AM
    So the iPhone plays "MP3s with up to 320 kb/s"? Nice.

Two weeks ago I just wanted to try out FLAC so I downloaded an album with around 700 kb/s. Just dragged and dropped it on my Z10 to see if it works. The stock music player recognized it immediately incl tags and album art, played the files flawlessly. I like that BlackBerrys just do whatever you throw at them.

So a phone that's limited to MP3s up to a certain quality that have to be loaded onto the phone via iTunes/iCloud is pretty much the worst I can think of.

It's pretty much like you have capabilities as well as restrictions with phones and people who either use or don't care about them. iOS has restrictions for me I can't stand, but iPhone users don't care about. BlackBerry has capabilities for me I love, but iPhone users see no need for. On the flipside iPhone users see shortcomings in BlackBerry I don't care about and love capabilities on the iPhone I don't care about. I guess it's just the way it is.

Happy for iOS users that OS v8 brings them some app interoperability after 7 years. That's a step so big in my books that I almost feel that the iPhone is finally becoming smart.
    I'd suggest you not get an iPhone. I'm perfectly happy with my iPhone and my iPod and my iPad. You know what's next??? Yup, you probably guessed it. A Mac. Because it is all beautifully interoperable.

Since we're discussing things we can't stand, you know what I can't stand? Being told to go get Android apps at Amazon or some other third party store or go hunt down APKs that may or may not work. That just doesn't work for me. But hey, it makes others happy, go for it. Not for me. So I keep my Q10 in my bag but it doesn't come out much these days.

Oh, and since I was able to load music from iPod to iPhone way back in the early days, I would say that interoperability was there in the infancy of the device. So really, for me, it was after two years.

Was the BlackBerry interoperable with anything beyond mail and phone way back in 2004 when I had my first one? Nope. So see....as I said before, tech develops. Even the Playbook managed to get native email after a few months....
    07-23-14 06:45 AM
    To say the original iPhone didn't change the way we look at smartphones is crazy. I would never use apple products but you have to give respect for at least the first one.

Prior to that I was using winmo devices with resistive type screens and crappy stylus.
    ajst222, TgeekB and Troy Tiscareno like this.
    07-23-14 07:32 AM
    I love my Macbook and iPad, but I am never going back to iPhone. It's a gaudy bauble compared to my Q10.
    I agree, and I am a Apple administrator. On my Z30.

Posted from my big beautiful BlackBerry Z30!!! I love this phone!!
    07-23-14 07:33 AM
    To say the original iPhone didn't change the way we look at smartphones is crazy. I would never use apple products but you have to give respect for at least the first one.

Prior to that I was using winmo devices with resistive type screens and crappy stylus.
    Me too!!!! I remember an HTC one that I LOVED. The Tilt. And my first smartphone was an Audiovox Pocket PC. Whole series of them before i got my Curve 8310 which was my first personal BlackBerry.
    07-23-14 07:40 AM
    Memory space is enough!

Just to point that out, not true. Another one of those internet rumors
    07-23-14 08:06 AM
    Mike and Jim once said that apps were not important and said people should use the browser. They also said the iPhone wouldn't impact BlackBerry. They also said some very quotable things. Should I get them for you?
    Mike also said that BlackBerry handsets would not have color screens and cameras...
    07-23-14 08:08 AM
    Oh there are some rather interesting quotes.

07-23-14 08:09 AM

While I do agree that the first generation iPhone was pretty bad (cmon people, the phone itself was), it did completely change the way we thought of phones and what a phone should be. While there were other full touch phones, the iPhone was the first that to do it the modern way. No crappy styluses. No crappy plasticy awful screens. No cheesy build quality. The iPhone was modern.
    07-23-14 08:12 AM
    I figured out why they call this CrackBerry. Because of the ridiculous comments that Crack me up. Wow.

The iphone didn't change things? Really?

Germany. 2014 FIFA World Cup Champs!
    07-23-14 08:18 AM

Posted via CB10
    I was waiting for it. Never disappointed.

Anyway, I have better things to worry about in my life than some tin foil hat conspiracy paranoia. And the people who bang this drum to the point of sounding unhinged?

I will admit to wondering what they are doing that makes them so worried the 'government' will catch them doing it.

Guess I have other things in life to worry about, or I'm not so ego driven as to think the government gives a rat's behind about a store manager in Podunk Ontario.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    07-23-14 09:27 AM
    Or to my point, that a phone can stop *any* government agency from getting what they want.

07-23-14 09:33 AM
218 ... 56789