File system access is a useful feature for some people and it is nice to have as an option to organise your files without the need of a PC, the problem with your argument is the 64 and 128 are very expensive so SD expandable storage is a nice thing to have but with the advent of cloud storage it isn't a huge issue but with no 32GB in the iPhone line up this year it's a bit of a kicker from 16GB to 64GB.
    Exactly. If you think being fleeced by apple for overpriced storage bundled with your phone is ok then you have found your vendor.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 07:57 PM
    I get 2+ days of heavy use on my 6+, who cares about a file system?
    Apple may not agree with me, but they don't build junk. They have some shortcomings, but so does blackberries and everything else.

The 6+ is greatly improved in the battery life, I'll give them that. But I don't think your definition of heavy use is the same as mine.

Who wants a file management system? Anyone who doesn't want their phone to treat them like a child.

From a Z30
    12-26-14 08:04 PM
    You've stumbled in to the wrong forum, the apple forum is to the left in the a's. When you get there don't strain your arm by patting yourself on the back too vigorously

Posted via CB10
    Assuming that I'm an Apple user means you really didn't read my post. BlackBerry has issues like other platforms but if you're playing from behind you don't have much wiggle room for mistakes. And those issues will be magnified compared to other platforms.
    12-26-14 08:15 PM
    File system access is a useful feature for some people and it is nice to have as an option to organise your files without the need of a PC, the problem with your argument is the 64 and 128 are very expensive so SD expandable storage is a nice thing to have but with the advent of cloud storage it isn't a huge issue but with no 32GB in the iPhone line up this year it's a bit of a kicker from 16GB to 64GB.
    Apple used to sell a 16gb, then a 32gb for $100 more, and a 64gb for another $100 more ($200 total over the 16gb)
    Now... Apple sells a 16gb, then a 64gb for $100 more, and a 128gb for another $100 more ($200 total over the 16gb)

So they're offering more storage for the same price jumps as before.
    12-26-14 08:57 PM
    Cool, thanks for the heads up. I hope 32GB will become the standard soon, we have been stuck at the 16GB for a while now and prices would have dropped in the last few years.
    12-26-14 09:12 PM
    I have a Windows 8 Pro laptop, but I use the desktop mode to do everything. I don't like the UI of the Windows 8

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 09:45 PM
    Apple used to sell a 16gb, then a 32gb for $100 more, and a 64gb for another $100 more ($200 total over the 16gb)
    Now... Apple sells a 16gb, then a 64gb for $100 more, and a 128gb for another $100 more ($200 total over the 16gb)

So they're offering more storage for the same price jumps as before.
    $200 for 48gb of non-removable storage was extortionate and $200 for an additional 112gb is the same. The same amount of storage on a removable card is much cheaper and you have the added advantage of being able to switch out cards at will. This is just another example of how apple designs their products to maximize their profit margins at the expense of customer value. I must say however that they seem to have a good handle on the amount of abuse they can saddle their customers with while keeping them loyal to the brand.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 09:58 PM
    First... no point in complaining..... if there are issues then that is why god invented updates.... I notice 2 things about those who complain... first.. they tend to do little or no research... if they did they may have found this issues ahead of time... ( ie... BB does not run all Android apps and some do not run well depending on OS or device.... )..... many complainers many times are insecure in their choice and it is easier to complain about what is happening then admit they made a mistake in their smartphone choice... ( pointing my finger at the Android wannabe ... ) in the end complaining on a forum accomplishes very little and adds to the frustration of many ... how many times have you read a post the essentially says " if I am having a problem ... then everyone is having a problem... and we must fix it for everyone...... gets a bit tiresome ready the broad brush approach so to speak....
    God didn't invent updates....people did.

Posted via CB10
    FrankIAm likes this.
    12-26-14 10:12 PM
    $200 for 48gb of non-removable storage was extortionate and $200 for an additional 112gb is the same. The same amount of storage on a removable card is much cheaper and you have the added advantage of being able to switch out cards at will. This is just another example of how apple designs their products to maximize their profit margins at the expense of customer value. I must say however that they seem to have a good handle on the amount of abuse they can saddle their customers with while keeping them loyal to the brand.

Posted via CB10
    Onboard storage will always be faster and more reliable.
    howarmat likes this.
    12-26-14 10:20 PM
    Onboard storage will always be faster and more reliable.
    I wasn't aware that cards suffered from reliability issues unless you buy from an unreliable source. I haven't had any corruption issues with any of the cards and devices that I have used. Speed might be an issue if you are capturing 4k video but for anything else the speed is unlikely to be an issue. You can buy high-data-transfer-rate cards for speed-sensitive applications.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 10:30 PM
    I welcome all brands except apple as I do not want to be associated with that herd.
    Gilda675 likes this.
    12-26-14 11:35 PM
    iPod 5th gen. Cannot delete songs directly on the device. Have to wait until I am home, hook up to itunes then delete. But that wasn't all. Had to switch the settings to manual mode within itunes first, then I was able to just choose a song and trash it.

Absolutely crazy.
    12-26-14 11:57 PM
    iPod 5th gen. Cannot delete songs directly on the device. Have to wait until I am home, hook up to itunes then delete. But that wasn't all. Had to switch the settings to manual mode within itunes first, then I was able to just choose a song and trash it.

Absolutely crazy.
    Which iOS is your iPod running? Actually it doesn't matter. You're on at least iOS 6 with a 5th gen iPod touch. You can delete songs off of any device using iOS 6, 7 & 8 without syncing to iTunes... The only thing that might get in your way, is if you are using iTunes Match, in which case there are a few more steps involved. But still completely possible to delete music tracks from any iOS device without syncing to iTunes.

If you are at least up to iOS 7 (link is for iPhone, but all iOS devices use the same basic function in regards to the music app)

http://m.wikihow.com/Delete-Music-on-Your-iPhone
    12-27-14 12:07 AM
    You serious?
    Are you?

On any given day most threads are discussing problems people are having with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 12:15 AM
    Which iOS is your iPod running? Actually it doesn't matter. You're on at least iOS 6 with a 5th gen iPod touch. You can delete songs off of any device using iOS 6, 7 & 8 without syncing to iTunes... The only thing that might get in your way, is if you are using iTunes Match, in which case there are a few more steps involved. But still completely possible to delete music tracks from any iOS device without syncing to iTunes.

If you are at least up to iOS 7 (link is for iPhone, but all iOS devices use the same basic function in regards to the music app)

6 Ways to Delete Music on Your iPhone - wikiHow
    What I wanted to do is get rid of a song in my top 25 playlist. Swipe does not exist per song and there is no edit button. At the very least remove some songs from it and let it populate the next most popular song. Happens to be what I listen to the most in my car.

How does one edit this playlist without logging into itunes?
    12-27-14 12:59 AM
    I'm so sorry you've been living on a desert island, or a in a cave for a few years, but please let me enlighten you. The "issues" that drove market share down for BlackBerry were it's lack of apps (because devs went where the growing OS was), followed by its complete lack of marketing or any attempt at reaching an audience or communicating a compelling message, accompanied by it's slow response and incomplete OS that it finally released in 2013.

Just curious what other "stuff that consumers want and need" you're talking about...and how they are "providing them".
    You just confirmed my points. The plethora of Apps, accessories, selection of products, carrier support and ecosystem outweighs the negatives by Apple, Android and Windows. And yes, I live a cave. I'm glad you pointed that out
    12-27-14 03:46 AM
    Lol and you actually have a complaint about that?
    One of the things people praise Apple over Android manufacturers is that there's "no fragmentation", as Apple upgrades their device OS, unlike Android manufacturers that abandon their devices. Yes, Apple "supports" their devices longer, but they also release new OS versions that essentially cripple older devices. So, instead of leaving a usable OS on the device, it's given something unusable in the name of reducing fragmentation.
    12-27-14 06:04 AM
    I'm so sorry you've been living on a desert island, or a in a cave for a few years, but please let me enlighten you. The "issues" that drove market share down for BlackBerry were it's lack of apps (because devs went where the growing OS was), spinning hour glass forever, freezing, battery pulls because it's frozen, battery pull because it isn't acting right because RAM was floating around in never never land,followed by its complete lack of marketing or any attempt at reaching an audience or communicating a compelling message, accompanied by it's slow response and incomplete OS that it finally released in 2013.

Just curious what other "stuff that consumers want and need" you're talking about...and how they are "providing them".
    FIFY
    12-27-14 07:30 AM
    One of the things people praise Apple over Android manufacturers is that there's "no fragmentation", as Apple upgrades their device OS, unlike Android manufacturers that abandon their devices. Yes, Apple "supports" their devices longer, but they also release new OS versions that essentially cripple older devices. So, instead of leaving a usable OS on the device, it's given something unusable in the name of reducing fragmentation.
    I understand that but complaining that a 1st generation nearly 5 year old device is running slow is pushing it a bit if you ask me. The updates aren't forced on the user and if you know that ahead of time then why would you update your device?

My Playbook was never updated to a new OS and it has slowed to a complete crawl and is essentially unusable.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-27-14 07:39 AM
    Apple has some very nice but really expensive products in my opinion. Not a good use of money for me. That a side I found itunes was the biggest turn off, years ago when it was a small music only program I didn't mind it but then they added so many bloaty features and complications I gave up on it. Especially after wiping about 30% of my songs by hitting a wrong "back up" option somehow.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 07:56 AM
    You just confirmed my points. The plethora of Apps, accessories, selection of products, carrier support and ecosystem outweighs the negatives by Apple, Android and Windows. And yes, I live a cave. I'm glad you pointed that out
    But you didn't make those points....you never said anything about apps, or accessories, or selection of products, or carrier support.

But more importantly.....NONE of those things are either..
    A: anything BlackBerry has anything to do with (apps / ecosystem)
    OR
    B: True.

Analyziing them one at a time:

Apps: No phone maker makes apps "available" as you said. Developers do this. BlackBerry's lack of apps (as well as WP) has nothing to do with the company that makes the phone. If Elon Musk introduced the best phone ever....today....that phone would have zero apps and would fail.

Accessories: Really? What accessories? Ever been to Shop BlackBerry? They make lots of accessories. So do other 3rd parties. Just like those 3rd parties make them for other phones too.

Selection of Products: Android doesn't make any products, neither does Windows phone. Only Apple is like BlackBerry in which it makes the hardware (products) and the software. But BlackBerry has more phones available with much more variety than Apple does. Just look at the line up of BB10 phones in the last 2 years, their various sizes, shapes, styles, etc, then look at Iphone, where every phone is the same except for a variation on size or thickness. BB has phones that are large, small, wide, skinny, with a KB, without a KB, with a belt, without a belt, etc.

Carrier support: The very fact that it's called "carrier support" means it has NOTHING to do with the phone maker and everything to do with the support of the carrier. No more explanation needed.

Thanks for confirming your residence in a cave. Just curious, does the address have an "I-" in front of it? (I-cave, I-rock, I-hole in the ground, I-head in the sand?, etc. etc)
    Last edited by redlightblinking; 12-27-14 at 08:12 AM.
    Playbook007 likes this.
    12-27-14 07:59 AM
    FIFY
    That was a strange way of trying to make some point....by altering my quote to include things I didn't say then bolding them. But to answer your allegations.....

Spinning hour glass was a result of over burdening the phone. I used to have this on my 9900 until I re-installed the offending app and cleared out some others. I't still as snappy now as it is the day I got it. (This is why so many people are still running Bolds and that it outsold BB10 last year) But, do you really think that BB is the only phone that has issues like this? Or, that the hour glass caused them to lose all their market share? Really?

Freezing....same as hour glass.....explained above.

Battery pulls.....again same issue as above, explained above.

Battery pulls that you listed the second time.....still the same issue as above.

So, you wrote four entries, all the same thing with different words. I will say this, your writing style is odd.
    12-27-14 08:10 AM
    That was a strange way of trying to make some point....by altering my quote to include things I didn't say then bolding them. But to answer your allegations.....

Spinning hour glass was a result of over burdening the phone. I used to have this on my 9900 until I re-installed the offending app and cleared out some others. I't still as snappy now as it is the day I got it. (This is why so many people are still running Bolds and that it outsold BB10 last year) But, do you really think that BB is the only phone that has issues like this? Or, that the hour glass caused them to lose all their market share? Really?

Freezing....same as hour glass.....explained above.

Battery pulls.....again same issue as above, explained above.

Battery pulls that you listed the second time.....still the same issue as above.

So, you wrote four entries, all the same thing with different words. I will say this, your writing style is odd.
    You were stating why bb lost market share. All of that was part of it. A BIG part of it. No writing style at all, just adding to the reasons.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    12-27-14 08:20 AM
    You were stating why bb lost market share. All of that was part of it. A BIG part of it. .
    Based on what research?

You think the fact that the phone would eventually get over-burdened (like ANY phone can) had as much to do with it losing market share as the fact that it didn't have the apps available from Devs that Apple did? Or the fact that it practically fell of the face of the earth in terms of marketing?

The "spinning hour glass" issue stopped when BB10 was introduced 2 years ago.....but they STILL kept losing market share....due to the reasons I mention. Because those WERE the reasons.

Ask people why they left BB then see what their first response is. Will they say anything about apps, or large touch screens, etc.....or will they make some reference to a spinning hour glass? Because if odd OS behavior is the reason people leave a phone....how do you explain Android?

Just curious why you won't answer those questions above.
    No writing style at all, just adding to the reasons..
    Everyone has a writing style. And yours was to say the same thing four times in a row.
    12-27-14 08:26 AM
    But you didn't make those points....you never said anything about apps, or accessories, or selection of products, or carrier support.

But more importantly.....NONE of those things are either..
    A: anything BlackBerry has anything to do with (apps / ecosystem)
    OR
    B: True.

Analyziing them one at a time:

Apps: No phone maker makes apps "available" as you said. Developers do this. BlackBerry's lack of apps (as well as WP) has nothing to do with the company that makes the phone. If Elon Musk introduced the best phone ever....today....that phone would have zero apps and would fail.

Accessories: Really? What accessories? Ever been to Shop BlackBerry? They make lots of accessories. So do other 3rd parties. Just like those 3rd parties make them for other phones too.

Selection of Products: Android doesn't make any products, neither does Windows phone. Only Apple is like BlackBerry in which it makes the hardware (products) and the software. But BlackBerry has more phones available with much more variety than Apple does. Just look at the line up of BB10 phones in the last 2 years, their various sizes, shapes, styles, etc, then look at Iphone, where every phone is the same except for a variation on size or thickness. BB has phones that are large, small, wide, skinny, with a KB, without a KB, with a belt, without a belt, etc.

Carrier support: The very fact that it's called "carrier support" means it has NOTHING to do with the phone maker and everything to do with the support of the carrier. No more explanation needed.

Thanks for confirming your residence in a cave. Just curious, does the address have an "I-" in front of it? (I-cave, I-rock, I-hole in the ground, I-head in the sand?, etc. etc)
    Condescending remarks only makes you look desperate to make a point. Accessories for BlackBerry, good luck finding those. I'm looking for a BlackBerry dock that can play my B&W portable speakers. Care to send me one because I can't find that in my neighborhood store. Android I used as a general term to encompass all things related to Android which includes manufacturers and related product manufacturers that support that platform.

You seem to keep referring to me as an Iphone user. Not sure why you would say that since I've never owned an Apple product. I've purchased Macbook Pro for my daughter but that's because their PCs are very good quality. As for Apps, the reason why BlackBerry does not have Apps is because of the Company's ineptitude to market its products and the current plan of catering to non-consumer market only makes it worse. As for me living in a cave, again. I'm glad you pointed that out. Whatever turns you on.
    Last edited by RH1Pearl; 12-27-14 at 08:45 AM.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    12-27-14 08:33 AM
171 12345 ...