Lol and you actually have a complaint about that?
    Yes I do have a complaint. I would prefer that apple not include my device on an upgrade path when then upgrade destroys functionality. Also I would expect the os browser to handle a memory full issue better than freezing then closing.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 12:11 PM
    First... no point in complaining..... if there are issues then that is why god invented updates.... I notice 2 things about those who complain... first.. they tend to do little or no research... if they did they may have found this issues ahead of time... ( ie... BB does not run all Android apps and some do not run well depending on OS or device.... )..... many complainers many times are insecure in their choice and it is easier to complain about what is happening then admit they made a mistake in their smartphone choice... ( pointing my finger at the Android wannabe ... ) in the end complaining on a forum accomplishes very little and adds to the frustration of many ... how many times have you read a post the essentially says " if I am having a problem ... then everyone is having a problem... and we must fix it for everyone...... gets a bit tiresome ready the broad brush approach so to speak....
    I don't disagree but the reality is that on this BlackBerry fan site a significant number of posts are complaints about BlackBerry tech or the replies paint BlackBerry in a negative light in an exaggerated manner. I suspect there is quite a bit of professional troll activity in addition to the expected glass-half-full contingent. Unless and until we find a way to limit content to positive, objective and fair contributions I think pointing out the fact that all platforms have their challenges balances the BlackBerry bashing that is often found here.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 01:06 PM
    I love my DELL Latitude 6530 + 6430U both with WIN7PRO and the BlackBerry Q10 + Z30 Combo!! The best and perfect Businesstool BB+DELL!
    Just right to make lots of money
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-26-14 01:06 PM
    I don't disagree but the reality is that on this BlackBerry fan site a significant number of posts are complaints about BlackBerry tech or the replies paint BlackBerry in a negative light in an exaggerated manner. I suspect there is quite a bit of professional troll activity in addition to the expected glass-half-full contingent. Unless and until we find a way to limit content to positive, objective and fair contributions I think pointing out the fact that all platforms have their challenges balances the BlackBerry bashing that is often found here.

Posted via CB10
    You serious?
    12-26-14 01:26 PM
    I use all 3 competing platforms and in many ways blackberry's current products are better which is amazing when you think about it with the resources the other guys have. Having used them all I would describe them as android being clunky, ios being limiting, and windows being quirky.

For all the complaints people throw around about blackberry products on here I can find just as many if not more problems on competing products. The grass definitely isn't greener. My home tech along w/ my passport are

old iphone (voip and music)
    alu macbook w/ 10.10 (momentics, xcode, android studio, creative suite)
    hp touchpad w/ android (blend and hearthstone)
    desktop w/ windows server 2012 (voip server, sql, hyper-v)
    desktop w/ windows 8 media center (tv tuner, plex streaming)
    workstation w/ windows 8.1 (visual studio, games, flight sims)
    z10 w/ 10.3.1 (backup and os testing)
    playbook (media center remote)
    Last edited by matt4pack; 12-26-14 at 05:45 PM.
    12-26-14 02:34 PM
    I have an iPhone 5s as a work phone. I haven't installed much apps as I use my personal Z10 for everything not work related. The iPhone is inefficient, and quite honestly a clumsy OS. It's not built in a smart way like BB10 is.

The iPhone sounds tinny like I'm talking to the tin man at the other end of the line. Lack of hub sucks, swiping to complete sentences is not there and horrible autocorrect after how many major upgrades? The iPhone is good just for gaming and that's it.
    12-26-14 02:55 PM
    Agreed. We were just given the option for work to use a new Windows 8 hybrid (Yoga 3) or get an older Windows 7 laptop. After using the Yoga 3 for about 2 weeks I opted to send it back and get an older Windows 7 machine. I have never hated a computer OS like I hated Windows 8.
    One of the few times we agree. Windows 8 is an absolute mess. What were they thinking.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 03:07 PM
    Posted via CB10 on my white Z30
    12-26-14 03:32 PM
    I would also assert that bb10 is the best mobile os, and it is even more appealing with 10.3.1. I've seen criticism of bb10 pre-10.3 that I don't agree with. Bb10 was well done from initial release. My device list is:

Owned and released:
    Numerous desktops
    IPhone 3g, 4 and 4s
    Ipad 1
    Hipstreet android tablet
    Blackberry z10
    Apple ipod nano

Current stable:
    Asus/google nexus 7
    Blackberry z30
    Blackberry passport
    Blackberry PlayBook 32gb
    Acer i5 w8 laptop as dedicated smart TV machine
    Asus zenbook i5 w8 touch screen
    Apple ipod shuffle, classic 160gb, classic 30gb
    Sansa zip clip
    Sennheiser sport headband

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 03:40 PM
    That's pretty good list of tech to be playing with, I've used a Z10 for a little while but I couldn't see myself ditching my Lumia, it was a fantastic phone when I was using it so I can definitely see why you think it's using the best mobile OS. How do you switching between different OS's and platforms? I've found that using different platform like iOS frustrating because I am used to the way I have to do things on my daily driver.
    12-26-14 05:11 PM
    stupid ios and their crappy bendy phones and droid and there unwillingness to include BB10 in the google play list of devices it supports. the glass is never half full; half water, half air. full glass.
    12-26-14 05:37 PM

Apple
    The iPhone holds the distinction of being the only devicebthat I had to return. After a software update the phone got hot permanently and drained the battery in about 4 hours and no amount of restoring would fix it. I also owned the original ipad which I gave away a couple of years ago because as a result of apple's ios upgrades it could no longer display more than a couple of simple Web pages before the browser crashed. Ios obviously has no effective error handling. I still have my much maligned PlayBook as it actually worked better than the ipad.
    OS updates that degrade the experience on older model iPhones is the main issue I have with them aside from the outrageous price. I think the well-known conspiracy is that Apple does this on purpose to get their users to purchase the newest phone. I'm not sure of how true that is, but I bought the IP6 and found that iOS8 was just a piece of crap. Browsing has gotten better with the subsequent bug fixes, but it still wasn't enough to justify me keeping the phone.

I don't have much experience with Samsung devices. Their "Nook" tablet is fine for reading.

I think cutting down on the BlackBerry bashing and members who obviously do not care for the company or their devices who come here to troll would be more refreshing than creating a retaliatory thread about competitors. That's just my two cents.
    12-26-14 05:44 PM
    OS updates that degrade the experience on older model iPhones is the main issue I have with them aside from the outrageous price. I think the well-known conspiracy is that Apple does this on purpose to get their users to purchase the newest phone. I'm not sure of how true that is, but I bought the IP6 and found that iOS8 was just a piece of crap. Browsing has gotten better with the subsequent bug fixes, but it still wasn't enough to justify me keeping the phone.

I don't have much experience with Samsung devices. Their "Nook" tablet is fine for reading.

I think cutting down on the BlackBerry bashing and members who obviously do not care for the company or their devices who come here to troll would be more refreshing than creating a retaliatory thread about competitors. That's just my two cents.
    This isn't meant to be a bashing thread but instead is meant to illustrate that all brands have faults, not just blackberry

Posted via CB10
    ponpiri likes this.
    12-26-14 06:10 PM
    That's pretty good list of tech to be playing with, I've used a Z10 for a little while but I couldn't see myself ditching my Lumia, it was a fantastic phone when I was using it so I can definitely see why you think it's using the best mobile OS. How do you switching between different OS's and platforms? I've found that using different platform like iOS frustrating because I am used to the way I have to do things on my daily driver.
    I will probably stick with blackberry on my phone unless something ground-breaking is developed by another brand. After three iphones i'm bored with the interface and irritated by the restrictions. After a career working with ms on desktops i'm allergic to windows products. I much prefer the clean logical design of bb10 over android.

Posted via CB10
    Playbook007 likes this.
    12-26-14 06:19 PM
    I used to have iOS products but I moved other to windows phone because it was rather dull. Since moving in 2011 I have loved the clean and fast UI of WP similar to how I love the UI of BB10 that is intelligent and works very well. Both of them are fast, responsive and have little lag but I prefer flat design with little to no skeuomorphic elements to clutter and bloat the design plus the fact MS got it to work as fast and as fluid from really cheap entry level $35 phones to my $500 flagship device. I hope BB10 and WP continue with their design philosophies and can't wait to see how they evolve 2015.
    Xenolock and kbz1960 like this.
    12-26-14 06:32 PM
    At the end of the day the complaints about Windows and IOS and Android are all valid as they all have issues like BlackBerry. The only difference is the issues with Apple, Android and Windows are not enough to drive their market share down to less than 1% in the past several years as these platforms & manufacturers make up for these faults by providing other "stuff" that consumers want & need.
    twiggyrj, gebco and FrankIAm like this.
    12-26-14 06:37 PM
    At the end of the day the complaints about Windows and IOS and Android are all valid as they all have issues like BlackBerry. The only difference is the issues with Apple, Android and Windows are not enough to drive their market share down to less than 1% in the past several years as these platforms & manufacturers make up for these faults by providing other "stuff" that consumers want & need.
    You've stumbled in to the wrong forum, the apple forum is to the left in the a's. When you get there don't strain your arm by patting yourself on the back too vigorously

Posted via CB10
    spikesolie likes this.
    12-26-14 06:45 PM
    For those who hate Windows 8 just install "Classic Shell". Gives you back the Start button a la windows 7, allowing you to bypass the Start menu altogether.

You're welcome.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 07:03 PM
    I'm so sorry you've been living on a desert island, or a in a cave for a few years, but please let me enlighten you. The "issues" that drove market share down for BlackBerry were it's lack of apps (because devs went where the growing OS was), followed by its complete lack of marketing or any attempt at reaching an audience or communicating a compelling message, accompanied by it's slow response and incomplete OS that it finally released in 2013.

Just curious what other "stuff that consumers want and need" you're talking about...and how they are "providing them".
    12-26-14 07:06 PM
    I sort of agree but there is a place for BlackBerry in the market, I just hope they can secure it so there's always choice for the people who love BB offerings. If they can sort it all out they can secure a nice 1-3% chunk of the smartphone pie (WP is about on 3% now and apple near the 10% mark).
    12-26-14 07:06 PM
    I sort of agree but there is a place for BlackBerry in the market, I just hope they can secure it so there's always choice for the people who love BB offerings. If they can sort it all out they can secure a nice 1-3% chunk of the smartphone pie (WP is about on 3% now and apple near the 10% mark).
    Apple near the 10% mark? Check your figures.
    12-26-14 07:09 PM
    Windows 8.1 isn't that bad, and it's definitely faster than 7. But MS is bringing back the old Start menu in addition to the Live Tiles, which is a big plus.

Windows 8.1 phones are pretty nice, actually. Not BlackBerry nice but not bad. Pretty stable and responsive even with sub Z10 specs. I understand how some people wouldn't like it, but I dig Live Tiles and wish I could get that on my BlackBerry. Also, Cortana pwns BlackBerry Assistant in every instance in which I've used both. Seriously guys, it's not even close. Cortana>>>>>bb Assistant.

Apples are a no-go with me for 4 big reasons:
    1) I don't trust iTunes to be anywhere NEAR my music library
    2) no file manager? Oh hell naw!
    3) no SD card slot in a $900 phone... and I don't trust your cloud crap as primary storage for anything important
    4) Battery life is garbage... no removable battery. I know too many people with iPhones who can't even make it through a workday with fairly light use.

I appreciate the openness and customization of Android but I don't appreciate Google shoving its data tentacles in every orifice it can find and milking me for all my data. I understand the 'free' OS business model (and recognize its genius), but no thanks. Google is creepy.

From a Z30
    twiggyrj likes this.
    12-26-14 07:13 PM
    12-26-14 07:22 PM

Apples are a no-go with me for 4 big reasons:
    1) I don't trust iTunes to be anywhere NEAR my music library
    2) no file manager? Oh hell naw!
    3) no SD card slot in a $900 phone... and I don't trust your cloud crap as primary storage for anything important
    4) Battery life is garbage... no removable battery. I know too many people with iPhones who can't even make it through a workday with fairly light use.

I appreciate the openness and customization of Android but I don't appreciate Google shoving its data tentacles in every orifice it can find and milking me for all my data. I understand the 'free' OS business model (and recognize its genius), but no thanks. Google is creepy.

From a Z30
    I get 2+ days of heavy use on my 6+, who cares about a file system? dropbox is awesome, and who need a sd card when you can get 64 and 128GB onboard storage with the best soc in the market
    12-26-14 07:41 PM
    File system access is a useful feature for some people and it is nice to have as an option to organise your files without the need of a PC, the problem with your argument is the 64 and 128 are very expensive so SD expandable storage is a nice thing to have but with the advent of cloud storage it isn't a huge issue but with no 32GB in the iPhone line up this year it's a bit of a kicker from 16GB to 64GB.
    Xenolock likes this.
    12-26-14 07:49 PM
171 1234 ...