Hello everyone,

So I am a Tmobile user with a jailbroken/unlocked iphone and im thinking about getting rid of my iphone and buying a Curve 8320. My iphone has kinda been on the fritz lately, ive already had to restore it once to fix it and i dont feel like going through that again. So i thought a BB Curve might be a nice change. Just wanted to see if anyone on here has made the switch from iphone to BB and what you guys thought about it.

Nic Allen
    02-14-09 09:36 PM
    The 8320 is a great phone, but the new 8900 is even better in almost every way. It's like an 8320 on steroids. Faster processor, much more memory, and bigger/higher resolution screen. If money is not an issue, check it out before getting a Curve.
    02-14-09 09:40 PM
    If you enjoy text and don't like looking like a 13 year old girl ANY BB will be better than a jesus phone.
    02-14-09 09:42 PM
    That's the best idea I have heard all day! :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 09:45 PM
    If you enjoy text and don't like looking like a 13 year old girl ANY BB will be better than a jesus phone.
    wow.. talk about a biased/worthless opinion
    02-14-09 09:46 PM
    wow.. talk about a biased/worthless opinion
    Is it? Show your creds and I'll show mine you silly goose.
    02-14-09 09:47 PM
    I like xliderider's idea. If you can get your hands on the 8900 that is hands down the better curve I prefer that or the bold but currently own a curve 8310. I like it just fine. My sister has an Iphone and I am not a fan, its just not suited for me.
    02-14-09 09:48 PM
    Ignore every post above this one (except the one by jhamilton)
    as they are all massively biased (toward the BB) and offer
    nothing by way of a useful opinion.

If multimedia is your primary concern, keep the (or get another)
    IPhone. No BlackBerry can ever stack up to the IPhone in that
    regard.

If email, texting and PDA functionally is what matters to you,
    get the BlackBerry. The IPhone can't compete in this arena.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 02-14-09 at 09:52 PM.
    02-14-09 09:49 PM
    I'll quote my own post considering slams in reference to it. Considering you have already had to restore your phone once (in addition to likely having to "jailbreak" it ) and your propensity to create a screen name on a forum called "crackberry" I would say you're leaning towards going with a device that is more functional for communication as opposed to flashy. Although the media player may take some modification on a Blackberry compared to your current device it can be made comparable, and if you're looking for a PHONE I highly recommend the device coming out of Canada. And I still stand by my original implication that if you think you're looking cool carrying around an iphone, so does the teenage girl passing you on the street.
    02-14-09 09:54 PM
    Is it? Show your creds and I'll show mine you silly goose.
    jhamilton was right. Nothing in your post constituted constructive advice,
    just more of the same silly "Get a BlackBerry" over anything else stupidity
    that happens on this site 278 times a day.

Where exactly did you tell the OP WHY. Right, you didn't you just threw
    out the same tired 13 year old girl line that so many others have.

And don't even think of reminding me of the site name. I came here for
    the help and the info. I, you, and the vast majority of the 600,000+ members
    did not give it it's name. Just because it's called CrackBerry does not mean
    WE ALL have to buy in to the stupidity of that term
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 02-14-09 at 10:03 PM.
    02-14-09 09:57 PM
    jhamilton was right. Nothing in your post constituted constructive advice,

Where exactly did you tell the OP WHY. Right, you didn't you just threw
    out the same tired 13 year old girl line that so many others have.

And don't even think of reminding me of the site name. I came here for
    the help and the info. I, you, and the vast majority of the 600,000+ members
    did not give it it's name. Just because it's call CrackBerry does not mean
    WE ALL have to buy in to the stupidity of that term
    "If you enjoy text". Based off the OP's question, regarding opinions of device comparisons, "if you enjoy text" seemed to me a valid point considering the trashed (even by phone users) portrait qwerty mode. Couple that with the the fact that, yes alot of people (including 13 year old girls who have no business doing so) use this phone as their primary source of communication. Those factors considered I suppose I could have explained my post more thoroughly, but this is a message board afterall.
    02-14-09 10:07 PM
    I think you're off by a factor of 10 at least!

The iPhone is a good device. I guess I know a lot of doctors that are really 13 year old girls? Dood... I've said things to them that are going to get me arrested!
    02-14-09 10:10 PM
    Got for a 8900 or a bold, go wit the bold it has a bigger screen

02-14-09 10:39 PM
    Can I have ur iphone?

02-14-09 10:47 PM
    I've been a Blackberry user since day model 957 days, currently I have a Bold, 8900 and an iPhone.

First, try the iPhone keyboard, type/peck with one finger, you'll be surprised how quick you can type, then try and determine if you can handle that type of keyboard and see youself everntually thumb typing on it ... I stood in line last July for the first iphone 3G's and returned it after a few days mainly due to the keyboard, hitting so many screens to get to your inbox and at that time the app store had nothing.

Last August I went from the Curve 83x to the Bold, very nice phone, bigger/wider and heavier than I'd like, great keyboard, don't like the (stiff) trackball much so I went for the 8900 when it first came out, it never left my pocket for a full month, I got used to and very fast on the keyboard, also the Bold keyboard feels like 'silk' when you type, you can get really really fast typing on the bold.

Fast forward to now .. I'm 'blackberried' or rather 'crackberried' out, I've come to realize a few things, such as I don't like the trackball and scrolling through icons/screens/folders, I want to cut back on how much I type on any phone, that's what desktops, laptops, netbooks are for, I no longer want 'nagging' (push) email, like my desktop/laptop I'll check my mail when I like, if it's urgent I can be reached instantly via a phone call or text ... surfing sucks on any 'berry (imo), same with multi media, it's not smooth, or 'fun' to get to those functions, scroll, scroll, push, scroll scroll scroll, push on the trackball ... people often write that it's easier/faster to get to app's and menu's on a BB compared to an iPhone, I disagree, when you add in how many times you scroll and click on the trackball it's not as one step as people let on, ..... iphone is a few taps... would could be simpler.

In my experience and my (current) conclusion I think unless instant email and a keyboard is essential then get in iPhone for sure.

You can go very fast on the iphone wth two thumbs, I've never typed or pecked with one finger on a keyboard in my life and was reluctant to do so on the iphone, rather I wanted to be the perfect thumb typer, the Apple staff strongly suggests you start with one finger typing and then move on to thumb typing or even stick with on finger typing, reason being you can go amazingly fast with just on finger, no sore thumbs, no guessing at keys or back spacing ...

I feel the iphone hits the mark in MANY more area's than the BB, it took me a long time to learn that because I was very reluctant to give the iphone a real try, I've just concluded a full two weeks of heavy use with it and for sure I'm sticking with it and selling my Bold and 8900, I was going to carry two phones and pay two bills, I didnt' mind that, but there is no need, the iphone is ALL business AND all FUN too
    02-14-09 11:08 PM
    Get the phone that best suits your needs.

02-15-09 12:30 AM
    You should play around with 8900.. Its an awesome device

02-15-09 12:48 AM
    I had a Treo 700p and didn't like the weight so I got a Curve 8320. I didn't like the questionable syncing/lack of ability to update without a Windows computer though I loved the device.
    I got bored with that, went and got an iPhone. Got bored with that too and now I have a Curve 8900.
    There's probably nothing wrong with your iPhone. Restore it and sell it if you'd prefer something different.
    I've been happy with all the BB/Apple phones and can say nothing but good about them.
    I do think the iPhone syncs better with a Mac. (which I use)
    02-15-09 12:58 AM
    Well you have to play around with the Curve, or any BlackBerry device period. If you like it then you might have come to an conclusion. But what you should do is take you iPhone with you when you do so- so that you can compare and contrast on what you like about each device.. and then I believe you can come to an fair ruling on which device you would like to go with. Good luck.
    02-15-09 01:07 AM
    I was in the same boat (had a blackberry went to unlocked iphone on tmobile and now back on a curve). The decision for me came down simply to battery life and the unreliability of the iphone running on tmobile. I would have to restore the phone almost weekly and it was a drag. Plus needing a charge halfway through the day sucked. Completly happy back on a berry. Just wish my upgrade would come sooner so I can snag the 8900!

02-15-09 01:46 AM
    I was in the same boat (had a blackberry went to unlocked iphone on tmobile and now back on a curve). The decision for me came down simply to battery life and the unreliability of the iphone running on tmobile. I would have to restore the phone almost weekly and it was a drag. Plus needing a charge halfway through the day sucked. Completly happy back on a berry. Just wish my upgrade would come sooner so I can snag the 8900!

I was 10 months out till upgrade. They gave me the 8900 a couple weeks early at $299 but no mail in rebate. Mailed it anyway, we'll see.
    They split my payment on the 8900 over 3 months added to my bill.
    Sold my iPhone w/ accessories for $250.
    02-15-09 01:55 AM
    I lucked out and got $320 for my iphone. Called tmobile the other day tried to talk em into hooking me up to no avail. Gonna have to press harder when I try again

02-15-09 02:04 AM
    Thanks everyone for all of your info, you guys gave me a lot to think about.
    02-15-09 09:20 AM
    Holy fanboii! Is he supposed to take what you wrote seriously?
    I say try one out, ask a friend or something. It might or might not be for u.

02-15-09 02:27 PM
    I wouldn't discard the iPhone for a Curve, a Bold maybe, but not a Curve.
    02-15-09 02:48 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD