Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Default Re: Three Major Public Performances for Alicia Keys in 3 Weeks Following BB10 Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by Tom689 View Post
    She hasn't done anything yet I think it was a bad idea to hire her
    I bet she has done what her contract stated she would do. No less and no more.

Hard to say it was a bad idea unless you knew all the details of what she will do and how much she is being paid.

It was a bad idea to spend so much time with her at the launch!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts

I hope further down the road they add more endorsers. There are a lot of Celeb Blackberry users out there.
    CrackBerry Abuser

That's a good point. Creative whatever officer is probably just a fancy made up title
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,062 Global Posts

She was pretty clear about being exclusive to blackberry. That was actually part of the pitch
    maybe she meant just for that day...jk
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #30  

I didn't intend for this thread to turn into a discussion about whether she's still using other devices or not, but rather to assess whether there are any plausible ways for BlackBerry to take advantage of her recent performance blitz to help champion the new BB10 OS in the US. Because like many of us have indicated, it's imperative that BlackBerry gets people at least curious about BB10 before they launch the Z10 to avoid poor sales and an onslaught of news reports dooming them to bankruptcy. Pointless title or not, iOS device or Z10, the bottom line is Alicia Keys is now affiliated with BlackBerry. That being said, if they could find a way to use her star power to attract people to the brand, then I think we'll all be happy. Can we at least agree on that?
    "The blacker the berry the sweeter the use..." -- 93Aero
    CrackBerry Abuser

In my irrelevant opinion she has no star power. But yeah she should be used to the maximum advantage.
    I want BB10 on torch hardware.
    Apollo_IV likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #32  

In my irrelevant opinion she has no star power. But yeah she should be used to the maximum advantage.
    No opinion is irrelevant, as it clearly matters to you. It just may not matter to anyone else :P

But I will disagree with you; three performances at three major events in the US is pretty significant. On top of that, although somewhat unimportant to me, she has over 11 million followers on Twitter. So although each of us might have a certain opinion about the quality of her work and/or the importance of her contribution to mankind, the bottom line is a lot of people pay attention to her.
    CrackBerry Addict

IMO, usually when artists are marketed, the product pops up in their music videos or they make commercials for the product. I'm sure Keys has something coming up..

00stryder likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #34  

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Vibe View Post
    IMO, usually when artists are marketed, the product pops up in their music videos or they make commercials for the product. I'm sure Keys has something coming up..

Man I love that commercial! But you're absolutely right, and I'm not sure why I didn't think they'd just shoot a commercial with her. Not sure it'd have the same impact as Michael Jackson, but if it's funny/catchy then it'll at least get people talking again. I really can't listen to "Girl on Fire" much anymore though...

I did some snooping around and saw that her last tweet related to BB10 was posted on Feb. 4th, which was during the week after the launch but more than a week ago from now. I was at least hoping to see her talk about it on Twitter since people pretty much say whatever's on their minds on there (take a look at all her Grammy tweets), but I guess we'll wait and see.
    Last edited by 00stryder; 02-13-2013 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Tried & failed miserably to embed the aforementioned tweet
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #35  

Hate to revive an old thread, but Mr. Boulben has apparently provided more information about Ms. Keys' role in an interview that N4BB has posted:

Frank Boulben offers more information about Alicia Keys' new role at BlackBerry

Alicia Keys’ role as the BlackBerry Global Creative Director has been interesting to say the least. Some haven’t been too keen to call her a true BlackBerry user just yet.

MarketingWeek had the opportunity to go Q&A with BlackBerry CMO, Frank Boulben, on Alicia Key’s role. Check it out below:

You recently appointed Alicia Keys as global creative director for BlackBerry. How is this in-house role different from a traditional endorsement?

Frank: I am not a fan of sponsored endorsement – we look for opportunities that provide both our and our partners’ fans with content and those that are interesting and engaging. Endorsements need to be more than a celebrity just lending their face to a brand. Whoever we work with, whether it be a collaboration with a singer like Alicia Keys, a writer like Neil Gaiman or a Formula 1 team – we recently announced our partnership with the Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 team – there needs to be a natural fit in terms of values.

How does Keys fit with existing creative teams within the business?

Frank: Alicia is an official member of the BlackBerry team and she will provide creative input to various areas of the business, including apps and content through to our marketing initiatives. As far as fitting in, it’s not unlike any other new employee who has to learn the culture and nuances of a job – with Alicia we are off to a great start and our teams are already working together with the launch of her Keep Moving project.

What are the positives and negatives of celebrity input in brand communications?

Frank: When it is the right fit, a celebrity can have several benefits. It enables the brand to talk to a new audience, driving engagement and positive perception. However, it is imperative that this is an authentic partnership and that the person not only has a true understanding of the brand but also shares the brand’s values. Consumers are clever and can see through something that is not authentic.

What kinds of projects are you working on with Keys?

Frank: Having been in her role for just one month, we recently announced her Keep Moving project. Alicia is asking fans to submit their own photos through the BlackBerry Keep Moving Hub that will then be used to create a music video to accompany her performances of the track ‘Hallelujah’ while on her Set The World On Fire tour. This is the first initiative we are working on with Alicia, and we look forward to sharing more about her involvement with us.
    Last edited by 00stryder; 03-07-2013 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Added the original article to the post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12