Just came over to the Bold from a centro....

2 things...PLEASE tell me there is a app, setting, or something that displays my text messages to NON blackberry users like a chat, like the centro does.

And, where is a call record program, like CALLREC for the centro and allows me to press a side key and record converstations? I've done little research and all I come up with is people are "scared" of legal problems with this....it's never been a problem for CALLREC on the centro....I don't get it.

I agree this is a superior phone, but please tell me I'm not looking hard enough.
    05-02-09 12:16 PM
    Just came over to the Bold from a centro....

2 things...PLEASE tell me there is a app, setting, or something that displays my text messages to NON blackberry users like a chat, like the centro does.

And, where is a call record program, like CALLREC for the centro and allows me to press a side key and record converstations? I've done little research and all I come up with is people are "scared" of legal problems with this....it's never been a problem for CALLREC on the centro....I don't get it.

I agree this is a superior phone, but please tell me I'm not looking hard enough.
    The chat thing was a bummer for my husband when he moved from a centro to the curve. he did get used to it after we looked around for a fix and couldn't find one. Sorry but I don't think there is one ....I might be wrong.

And I don't know about CALLREC for blackberry. Sorry
    05-02-09 12:20 PM
    I am not familiar with the Palm chat, how is it different from the preinstalled IM clients like Yahoo or Windows Live?

Despite the fact that BlackBerry is multitasking, you can't use Voice Notes Recorder to record a phone conversation.

05-02-09 12:41 PM
    It's different because you are sending SMS messages to others phones. It's just like blackberry messenger in a way, but it just sends it to others phones.

And CALLREC is a great application for palm devices, they would make a killing if they developed an app for BB.
    05-02-09 02:24 PM
    05-02-09 02:26 PM
    I don't ever see the ability to record conversations on the Blackberry even through a 3rd party app. Security on these things are tight. Hence one of the reasons that you can't do a backup and restore from the phone and things of that nature.
    05-02-09 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD