ok so I've been hearing this term a lot lately and I'm curious as to what threaded SMS is

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-09 08:03 PM
    Is text messaging but the conversations are sorted out like Instant Messages...instead of having multiple text from the same person you'll get the text just in one conversation
    08-28-09 08:08 PM
    Don't we already have that and yes I have searched all I found was ppl saying they can't wait to have

08-28-09 08:11 PM
    No we don't. Threaded sms is what Iphone has if that helps.

08-28-09 08:14 PM
    It's like chatting in an Instant Message type chat, but using SMS.
    What we have now is viewing past texts but each new texts comes in seperate, threaded sms is like the bbm layout where your texts are sorted by the contact not the messages.
    What we have now is viewing past texts but each new texts comes in seperate, threaded sms is like the bbm layout where your texts are sorted by the contact not the messages.
    Ok urs helped thanx

08-28-09 08:38 PM
    Ok urs helped thanx

glad to help
    08-29-09 01:41 AM
    I'm gonna get flamed for this too I guess- but I prefer the way we have it currently. I have sequential grouped messaging turned off on any IM programs I use. I just find it easier to distinguish. So I'm hoping if we do get threaded sms, that there's a way to turn it off.

08-29-09 02:02 AM
    I'm gonna get flamed for this too I guess- but I prefer the way we have it currently. I have sequential grouped messaging turned off on any IM programs I use. I just find it easier to distinguish. So I'm hoping if we do get threaded sms, that there's a way to turn it off.

I imagine there will be. I would say its a safe bet that the vast majority want threaded SMS, me included, to make it worth RIM's while to get it done. Its a pretty basic feature that they really have no excuse to have not already implemented in phones of this class.
    08-29-09 07:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD