I've owned a couple 8700s, 8320s and now a 9700 running 6...
    I used to champion blackberry and their efficiency and speed of getting "real" things done over other phones..until I picked up an Evo the other day for $99 - cheaper than I've ever paid for any blackberry I've owned (since I always wanted the latest greatest) - initially I planned on keeping my 9700 and wifi through Evo. After spending two days with the Evo - even after running into the dreaded defective charge port issue and needing a replacement I can say - there's no comparison on any level to any phone that RIM has out. Even the physical keyboard..I hated the thought of going to a touch screen..but with the combination of the regular input method and SWYPE...I actually went back and forth between the tiny keys and screen on my 9700 (admittedly not tiny to me prior to touching the evo) and the evo's input interface and...I don't feel I'm missing anything of consequence - and I type 60wpm+ on bb.

I don't think RIM makes a bad product..I just think it's obsolete. I am the guy that would read a thread from a droid or iphone user and roll my eyes thinking ...yeah but what about push, bbm, productivity. Trust me when I tell you, if you're thinking about grabbing an Evo (can't speak on the rest of them) - BEST.PHONE.EVER.

I can't imagine a scenario where RIM can catch up to these guys - don't even think about surpass. I know a lot of you are rolling your eyes - some of you are like why are you posting then? Well - here's your answer: I wish someone would've written this thread for me so I could have jumped ship earlier.
    01-02-11 08:29 AM
    There is a big thread for these type of posts.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/all-...st-here-260887
    01-02-11 08:32 AM
    kthanksbye
    01-02-11 08:32 AM
    kthanksbye

hahaha, good one reminds me of the old me
    01-02-11 08:56 AM
    I wish someone would've written this thread for me so I could have jumped ship earlier.
    Hahahahahahaha!! Funniest thing I've read all morning. Thanks for the laugh.
    01-02-11 08:57 AM
    This thread should be titled, the thread I read today, but forgot in an hour because I love my BlackBerry, and don't give a damn about an Evo.
    01-02-11 09:55 AM
    Great, another "me me look at me, I am so important I don't want to post in the dedicated thread but start a new one, me me" thread,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-11 11:27 AM
    This could have been in the general discussion section

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-11 05:23 PM
    Bye Bye. Enjoy your new toy.
    01-02-11 06:25 PM
    hahaha, good one reminds me of the old me
    What happened to the old you, ml? I am not doubting for a moment that you've experienced an epiphany, I just love hearing the stories on what brings about transformation in a man's life.
    01-02-11 06:28 PM
    What happened to the old you, ml? I am not doubting for a moment that you've experienced an epiphany, I just love hearing the stories on what brings about transformation in a man's life.
    OhmEye, he's doing his usual "back off, re-group, then pounce routine".

I thought the Mods had banned him.
    01-02-11 06:33 PM
    We'll see. I am hella-in-favor-of new beginnings.
    01-02-11 06:37 PM
    Haha...good luck with your new device
    01-03-11 04:51 AM
    Enjoy your new toy...
    01-03-11 05:35 AM
    I'm glad that you have a device that suits your needs and that satifies you. But to say reading a thread of someone elses opinion about a device would make you "jump ship" sounds pretty silly to me. I wonder if someone posted this same thread about a WP7 device would the OP "jump ship". This is the thread that started off good and ended with the most ridiculous statement ever which made me wish I didn't waste my time reading it.
    01-03-11 08:48 AM
    I'm glad that you have a device that suits your needs and that satifies you. But to say reading a thread of someone elses opinion about a device would make you "jump ship" sounds pretty silly to me. I wonder if someone posted this same thread about a WP7 device would the OP "jump ship". This is the thread that started off good and ended with the most ridiculous statement ever which made me wish I didn't waste my time reading it.
    I guess you could've wasted less time and went on and not posted.
    01-03-11 09:05 AM
    I guess you could've wasted less time and went on and not posted.
    That's your opinion...if I wasted the time reading then why not post?
    01-03-11 09:19 AM
    That's your opinion...if I wasted the time reading then why not post?
    I guess so but you are the one worried about wasting your time so posting is wasting more of your time LOL.
    01-03-11 09:44 AM
    You had me at epiphany, clever, and yes stories of "Man vs The Struggles of Change" is definately entertaining. If it was just a New Years Resoultion, then time is almost up for ,a relapse.

As for OP thank you for your in depth reveiw, and concern for the others in this forum. You hold such a lofty weight on your shoulders, Thank you for bareing this burden, so that we don't have to.

Martyr:
    1. a person who is put to death or endures great suffering on behalf of any belief, principle, or cause: a martyr to the cause of social justice.
    2. a person who seeks sympathy or attention by feigning or exaggerating pain, deprivation, etc
    OhmEye likes this.
    01-03-11 12:07 PM
    ok now what.
    01-03-11 08:03 PM
    If it was just a New Years Resoultion, then time is almost up for ,a relapse.
    That's why I don't do them thangs.
    01-03-11 08:31 PM
    What kind of ******* thread is this?
    01-03-11 09:02 PM
    What kind of ******* thread is this?
    Kinda different from the one you were asking about over yonder.

Are you taking a survey?
    01-03-11 09:32 PM
    Whatever. Total waste of a post.
    We shan't hold that against you!
    01-06-11 08:23 AM
    One thing that I would miss if I went to Android, and this WOULD reduce my productivity, is support for BlackBerry Presenter. I will not even CONSIDER jumping ship to any platform (WP, Android, Symbian, but NOT iP as I will never own an iPhone) until it has the same or better support for BlackBerry Presenter that my BlackBerry smartphone chucks my way.

One final thing: In before lock :-P
    01-06-11 09:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD