But Priv is all about security, isn't it?
    Beyond the pkb, that is one of its selling points, yes.

But in the absence of BlackBerry, it does not become "useless". You would have to be more careful, while still enjoying full access to all of the apps on Google Play.

I'm not saying I'd be happy about it, but I'd be a long way from holding a brick.
    03-16-16 06:02 AM
    Beyond the pkb, that is one of its selling points, yes.

But in the absence of BlackBerry, it does not become "useless". You would have to be more careful, while still enjoying full access to all of the apps on Google Play.

I'm not saying I'd be happy about it, but I'd be a long way from holding a brick.
    But bb10 would be far more secure, even if unsupported, because there are fewer security holes in BB10 (according to Chen) and fewer who would try to hack it.
    Without security patches, all those android apps would be a security risk, so you'd really be better off buying another android phone if apps are what matters to you.
    03-16-16 06:16 AM
    I agree with most people here. I have just lost trust in BlackBerry and I am not willing to spend my money on their products anymore.

BlackBerry has never been ahead of times in terms of technology, but the whole package has mostly worked for me, even though I had to deal with very limited compatibility and a poor app choice.

However, lately, BlackBerry has failed their customers multiple times and looking at BB10, all I can see is a mass exodus of users, businesses and developers.

Can their Android strategy work with limited and overpriced device choice? I don't know but I simply don't want to care anymore. I just want to enjoy technology without limitations.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 07:03 AM
    But Priv is all about security, isn't it?
    NO.... the PRIV is about privacy. The whole reason they have not really made a push with the PRIV into their traditional high security enterprise & goverment customers, is because so far it isn't as secure as they'd like. I imagine the delay with Marshmallow is due to their tweaking of Marshmallow and maybe some additional apps and services to make it more secure.

And I do agree that outside of a NEXUS phones, most any Android phone you buy today will see just a few major updates... I don't know of any OEM other than BB that does the monthly security update (outside of Nexus devices). But my Droid Turbo did just get Marshmallow, and they did include the March Security updates with it. Maybe they'll do another update in six months that will roll in the last six months of security updates. Then again maybe they'll include them with Android "N".... if I get it.

If regular updates is what you want.... get a NEXUS, or you can take your chances with the PRIV and see just how long they do support it. Won't be much different than most other Androids.
    03-17-16 02:02 PM
    NO.... the PRIV is about privacy.
    The only thing defending privacy is the DTEC app that alerts you of suspicious activity by apps, if I'm correct.

If regular updates is what you want.... get a NEXUS, or you can take your chances with the PRIV and see just how long they do support it. Won't be much different than most other Androids.
    I'd go for the Priv for a physical keyboard and having BlackBerry core apps like the hub and the keyboard. I'm sure in time the hub will get much better, obviously it will never be as good as the BB10 hub due to OS limitations. But, it's better than no hub, right?

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    03-17-16 03:01 PM

I'd go for the Priv for a physical keyboard and having BlackBerry core apps like the hub and the keyboard. I'm sure in time the hub will get much better, obviously it will never be as good as the BB10 hub due to OS limitations. But, it's better than no hub, right?

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    You can install the hub on any Android phone and it works just as it does on the Priv.
    03-17-16 05:06 PM
    I, for one, am not looking for a friend in the BlackBerry company. I do; however, expect any business from which I purchase a product or service to at least act like they care about me as customer--one who has patronized their business. It's called Good Will. When businesses are valued or sold, good will has a value, so I'm not talking about touchy feely stuff. I'm talking about a business asset--though an intangible one.

So, for BlackBerry to squander, in the last several months, all the trust, loyalty and excitement that it had established over the years with its customers, and leave them angry and even hostile towards the company, is BlackBerry's disregard for its core customers and a business asset. That has nothing to do with BlackBerry's core customers' wanting BlackBerry to be their friend.

Blackberry isn't the first business to have to change aspects of its focus in order to remain viable. But it's difficult to imagine another business doing a poorer job of communicating those changes to its long-standing customers. BlackBerry needs to try to reestablish it's badly tarnished goodwill and give its customers the greatest possible honest sense of assurance that they will be considered in the transition, and that they will not be abandoned.
    03-17-16 05:49 PM
    I, for one, am not looking for a friend in the BlackBerry company. I do; however, expect any business from which I purchase a product or service to at least act like they care about me as customer--one who has patronized their business. It's called Good Will. When businesses are valued or sold, good will has a value, so I'm not talking about touchy feely stuff. I'm talking about a business asset--though an intangible one.

So, for BlackBerry to squander, in the last several months, all the trust, loyalty and excitement that it had established over the years with its customers, and leave them angry and even hostile towards the company, is BlackBerry's disregard for its core customers and a business asset. That has nothing to do with BlackBerry's core customers' wanting BlackBerry to be their friend.

Blackberry isn't the first business to have to change aspects of its focus in order to remain viable. But it's difficult to imagine another business doing a poorer job of communicating those changes to its long-standing customers. BlackBerry needs to try to reestablish it's badly tarnished goodwill and give its customers the greatest possible honest sense of assurance that they will be considered in the transition, and that they will not be abandoned.
    Great post and my thoughts as well.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 06:59 PM
33 12