I've always had Sprint's insurance plan but they would charge me $100 to turn in a claim. Best Buy whom I bought my phone though was offering the Geek Squad insurance plan which is 10 bucks a month and I could even get a tiny scratch and they would give me a NEW phone for NOTHING. It sounded too good to be true so I did some research.

They said they don't replace lost or stolen phones but other than that they will cover anything with a brand new phone and for no deductable. I stayed signed up with them but part of me is still skeptical and I wanted to check with everyone. For anyone who wants the protection of a lost/stolen phone you can still pay your carrier and best buy for both protection plans if you desire.

I have never lost or had a phone stolen and I'm very careful so I figured this is my best option.

Thanks for any input!!
    06-24-10 05:11 PM
    My wife has it on her Storm2. It works. They replaced hers no questions asked. The screen click didn't always work. Gave her a brand new one on the spot a few months ago. Hers is pretty beat up now, and the screen doesn't always work correct. We took it in, they said that they would replace it no questions asked. The only problem, they don't have any Storm2's and won't be getting any in. They did offer a nice alternative though.
    06-24-10 06:03 PM
    My friend that works for Best Buy told me that If you came in to get your Storm 2 replaced they would give you store credit of the retail price of the Storm 2 towards a new phone of your choice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-10 08:19 PM
    The awesome part is that if you break it after that device is no longer carrier at the store location, they will upgrade you to another model that they do carry
    06-24-10 08:21 PM
    Well i work at geek squad and in my store we do not do in store exchanges expect for when the phone is outdated or can not be repaired by our service center. Most of the time we sent phones out and get ur a referb with in 2 or 3 day that is sent to your house. But it really depends on the agent, reps at best buy mobile, and also the store mangers aslong as u dont come into my store ull probably get an instore exchange
    06-24-10 08:23 PM
    Best buy told me that they have a blackberry exchange policy but the other mobiles are on a different plan. I don't know how your store can be different since it's a corporate thing hellriser, thats kind of strange. Maybe you're referring to non blackberry devices???

Thanks for the responses everyone. I am really hoping I made the right decision. That is way cool that they'll give you an upgrade if it's outdated. The guy at the store told me that some people stomp on them before they come into the store because if they only have a small scratch they want to make it look more serious lol Kinda funny............

I no longer obsess over keeping it pristine when I'm in a hurry so it's nice to relax but I just want to be sure before I relax too much haha
    06-24-10 08:28 PM
    LOL Best Buy is better but doesn't cover lost/stolen but sprint does and I confirmed with store as well as 800 number that there's NO deductable but you do have to resign up for the protection plan. No one could explain why but you just do. Its not like it's a contract but each phone is assigned it's own insurance plan. Kinda odd but whatever lol
    06-24-10 08:37 PM
    well i never really delt with a bb in my store i thought they went across the board for all phone guess not i know for the iphones its either an exchange in store or you get a referb ill have to check on that tommrow for you. And i know for a fact there no deductable
    06-24-10 09:06 PM
    Ok thanks, I know BBs are different than the rest of the phones. I was just wondering if anyone has ever gotten a hassle from best buy. So far it sounds good...
    06-24-10 09:09 PM
    its pretty good
    06-24-10 09:10 PM
    I like the BestBuy insurance better than the Sprint insurance, but it is costly. I dont have insurance on my phone anymore because it is a waste for me. I dont break my phones and have never come close to losing it. I know that people feel safer with it, but it is unnecessary for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by dwaynewilliams; 06-24-10 at 09:35 PM.
    06-24-10 09:32 PM
    Dwaynewilliams, you've never scratched your phone at all or dropped it? It's like 10 bucks vs Sprints 7 bucks, I'm willing to pay the extra because it seems like peace of mind.
    06-24-10 09:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD