Not at all. I fly back and forth between Los Angeles and Vancouver at least 1-2 a month and I always see a few people with a Kindle or iPad. When I was in Singapore a few months ago everyone was using either Galaxy Note II (albeit it's a phone) or iPad to watch and read material.
    I never said that there is no one with a tablet. If you just compare the situation with what it was a year back, the number seems to have reduced.

People might be putting the tablets to a different use since they continue to sell in increasing numbers. But observing the same Airports made me think that the improvement in phones might be sufficient for someone on the go.

Tablets might be more of an entertainment device now due to the increased capabilities of the phones, but such high amounts of processing power for just an entertainment devices might not be optimum. I did read somewhere that even Toshiba is maintaining the view that the Tablets are a passing technology. However, they are smart enough to continue to provide what the current market wants.

It's too soon to tell as this was a general gist of what I got. Other than that there are many who still see everyone with tablets. I see many of those have replaced the tablets with their phones.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ukmight; 07-22-13 at 08:47 PM.
    07-22-13 08:34 PM
    Try the Fast Browser, much better than the native browser, takes care of all defects mentioned.
    I have it as well. Better but not great at java script either and still air based

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 09:31 PM
    The Origami Browser does the job for me now.
    I have it as well. Better but not great at java script either and still air based

Posted via CB10
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    07-22-13 09:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    Origami i think is by far the best for the PB
    07-22-13 09:56 PM
    My Z10 does everything. I don't any laptop or tablet.
    07-22-13 10:58 PM
    Because he is basing his assumptions on his current experience and not looking towards the future that will change along with the times...
    Give me a ring in some 20 years when maybe I could buy it, I'll not hold my breath though.
    07-23-13 07:48 AM
    My Z10 does everything. I don't any laptop or tablet.
    My one big limitation with the Z10 where the PlayBook has an advantage is storage space. I have a 64 GB PlayBook and a 16 GB Z10 which is the only size you can get the Z10 in.

Meanwhile, a lot of the cool games are 1 GB in size. The PlayBook is more suited to housing them.
    lee_michael_f92 likes this.
    07-23-13 08:39 AM
    I agree, he definitely had a point. I doubt that I'll upgrade my PlayBook to another tablet now that I have a five inch phone.
    lee_michael_f92 likes this.
    07-23-13 09:22 AM
    less devices is better. hence why there's only 1 iphone. android saturated the market with cheap devices to build their ecosystem but now that that system is built, they need to cut fat and only release android phones through Google like the nexus line. blackberry needs to do the same.
    Actually, Apple sells 3 iPhones currently and the 4 and 4S make up a good percentage of their sales.

As for Android, please tell your idea to the dozens of companies making Android devices... I'm sure they will all agree with your plan...
    07-23-13 02:25 PM
    Personally I use my iPad mini for enternainment and light web surfing. My phone covers 80% of everything else. I use my 64Gb Playbook for movies on the go because of the onboard storage and how "inexpensive" I got it for (160$ with accessories), and my laptop ( Samsung series 5 14") for serious editing of docs, and paper work. I rarely use my ipad mini, my wife uses it the most and I have mostly games/apps on there I can't get on my Playbook like the final fantasy series of games, etc.
    07-23-13 02:46 PM
    My one big limitation with the Z10 where the PlayBook has an advantage is storage space. I have a 64 GB PlayBook and a 16 GB Z10 which is the only size you can get the Z10 in.

Meanwhile, a lot of the cool games are 1 GB in size. The PlayBook is more suited to housing them.
    Exactly my case here. I store mostly all my movies on my 64GB Playbook. Can't beat that storage for the price of a tablet. Might even pick another one up as they are getting cheaper every day.
    07-23-13 03:43 PM
    I agree, he definitely had a point. I doubt that I'll upgrade my PlayBook to another tablet now that I have a five inch phone.
    Same here. A tablet is nice but we spend majority of our times in our phones. Tablets are pretty much there for larger viewing when we need it.
    07-23-13 03:45 PM
    Actually, Apple sells 3 iPhones currently and the 4 and 4S make up a good percentage of their sales.
    Thanks for writing this. The "there's only one iPhone" argument has been around for a while, but the reality is that Apple sells a line of iPhones with different capabilities and price. As you note, Apple already sells the 4 and 4S at lower prices and it does make up a decent chunk of their business. This was out yesterday.

Cut-rate iPhones? They're already here - Computerworld

They also sell the 5 at different price points depending on storage.

iPhone 5 - Buy iPhone 5 Unlocked with Free Shipping - Apple Store (Canada)

As for Android, please tell your idea to the dozens of companies making Android devices... I'm sure they will all agree with your plan...[/QUOTE]
    07-23-13 04:02 PM
    If the tablets were a growing market, with minuscule competition and the options of the iPad variants, the sales should continue to grow.
    But as reported in Apple's quarterly report the sales have gone down. Maybe, just maybe the tablet market is starting to settle down.
    Could even be due to the lack of a new product launch recently.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ukmight; 07-23-13 at 11:53 PM.
    07-23-13 11:39 PM
    There's no more innovation for tablets. They already have tablets of all sizes, with cameras, etc. The only thing they CAN improve is OS most of the time, because who wants to take pics with tablets (8MP camera, etc.) there's not much more that any company can add to tablets to make them better, and I for one have an iPad 2 and it's still fast to me. People (almost 90% of consumers) won't buy it for a new OS, they'll just wait until theirs starts slowing down, and get the newest one then. I mean, would you get a new car every new model year?

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10
    07-24-13 11:49 AM
    About the tablet market...

Based on IDC's data, tablets are expected to outsell consumer bought PCs by the end of this year.

07-24-13 02:34 PM
116 ... 345