I have been in business a long time and after a number of years you learn to read a person in the
    fist couple of minutes. Thor is not the greatest public speaker by any means but I felt that he came
    from the heart. He is a real gentleman and business person and perfect for Blackberry!

Vivek did a fantastic job and I could watch him forever smokin through the BB10.

These are real people running a real company that people will want to be part of it. I have been chatting
    with some Blackberry employees this week and they were so excited for BB10.

Go Blackberry!
    01-30-13 08:49 PM
    Nice post. Thanks!
    01-30-13 08:55 PM
    Thor did the best he could, kinda awkward, but very genuine. Vivek is a natural, to be honest, that's the man who should be up there doing all the talking.

Best part of the entire thing, no black turtlenecks!
    jordandrews90 and DPanacci like this.
    01-30-13 08:56 PM
    The plan is to get people talking. That plan continues.
    Nice job Thor!
    01-30-13 08:56 PM
    Thor is a Stud in an interview setting. Vivek is a great showman.
    01-30-13 08:58 PM
    The best part for me was that they let the device do the talking, and that it did!

Can't wait til Tuesday...
    DPanacci likes this.
    01-30-13 08:59 PM
    I have been in business a long time and after a number of years you learn to read a person in the
    fist couple of minutes. Thor is not the greatest public speaker by any means but I felt that he came
    from the heart. He is a real gentleman and business person and perfect for Blackberry!

Vivek did a fantastic job and I could watch him forever smokin through the BB10.

These are real people running a real company that people will want to be part of it. I have been chatting

Go Blackberry!

When my Thanks button returns, I shall Thank this post. Represents my thoughts exactly

But for now.... "Thanks"
    ctuffy likes this.
    01-30-13 09:02 PM
    The best part for me was that they let the device do the talking, and that it did!

Can't wait til Tuesday...

Exactly, broke a couple of those bad boys out and rocked 'em. And they were blazing. I was stunned how quick and smooth they were
    01-30-13 09:03 PM
    When my Thanks button returns, I shall Thank this post.

But for now.... "Thanks"
    Yeah what's up with that?!?! It's back now, but it comes and goes. Weird.
    01-30-13 09:03 PM

Go Blackberry!
    I said the same thing. Pol said his clapping was cheesey... but if i was up there with something i loved i would be clapping like crazy. He was genuinely excited, so he clapped... i think what made it awkward was that no one else did so he was nervous and stopped. The audience knew what was coming, but COME ON, BE ALIVE!

I was VERY disappointed that Alec wasn there, to me he is the best speaker in terms of hitting the talking points AND being engaging.

I know that in a company you can only be as motivated as your leaders, and i think HEINS is the right leader, maybe not the best speaker yet though.

(every time he mentioned 'swipe' or anything related to the hub/peek his thumbs moved... he loves this device an it is a part of him!)
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-30-13 09:13 PM
    You clearly watched a different launch than I did.
    01-30-13 10:59 PM
    Thor's oration problem is that he's so German.

I don't mean this negatively or derisively at all, it's just that German businessmen are, well, all business.

He's a great guy to do pressers for enterprise customers and prospective developers, but to to capture consumer market interest through keynotes, you need someone a bit less stiff and business-like.
    01-31-13 01:44 AM
    I was VERY disappointed that Alec wasn there, to me he is the best speaker in terms of hitting the talking points AND being engaging.
    I thought the same thing, with all the work he did with developers, Alec should have been up there talking developers and apps, not Marty. Alec is better at engaging the crowd too, Marty seemed lost with his lack of eye contact with the crowd. If you watch Marty's eyes they wander a lot, mostly to the ceiling or lights.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    FSeverino likes this.
    01-31-13 01:58 AM