My Verizon NE2 is up at the end of this month, and I'm weighing a switch to BB from Windows Mobile. I have the XV6800. Any suggestions from the BB experts? I'm thinking maybe the new Tour, the Storm, or maybe even waiting for the Storm 2. WiFi isn't a deal breaker, but unlocked GPS and Google Maps are. I'd also like to stream Pandora and/or Sirius.

Thanks!
    07-13-09 09:28 AM
    +2 on the Tour, from what I read in the Verizon Forum this morning it loos like the have unlocked the GPS on it. Forget about WiFi with it though. Ain't gonna happen. Pandora works great on my 8330. Welcome to Crackberry.
    07-13-09 09:31 AM
    Both Storm and Tour have unlocked GPS and Google Maps as well as any other GPS apps work fine. I go in and play with both and see which one you like best. I've gotten too attached to the large screen on the Storm to ever go back. Its been an awesome phone for me. I came to BB from WinMo as well. You'll like the smartphone platform much better.
    07-13-09 10:46 AM
    Thanks for the input. I like the large screen of the Storm as well, my current WinMo is a large touchscreen with a slider keyboard. I really miss one-handed typing on the keyboard though, which makes me think the Tour might be a good compromise. Also, the negative early reviews of the Storm have me a bit wary. Has the experience improved with the recent updates?
    07-13-09 03:30 PM
    Again, welcome to BB, you will never go back to another phone, especially Windows Mobile. If you need advice on a new BB, I would tel you to go to the Tour. You will be compltely satisfied, I promise. I used to have an HTC TyTn which is an advanced version of the 6800 by verizon. I used to think it was the best phone on the planet, I used to think I preferred touchscreen phones. That was until I got a BB curve. I never looked back. I now have the BB Bold, which is similar to the Tour with the exception that the Bold has wifi. Get the Tour you won't regret it and you will be a lifer like me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 07:07 PM
    Thanks for the input. I like the large screen of the Storm as well, my current WinMo is a large touchscreen with a slider keyboard. I really miss one-handed typing on the keyboard though, which makes me think the Tour might be a good compromise. Also, the negative early reviews of the Storm have me a bit wary. Has the experience improved with the recent updates?
    As far as I'm concerned, the Storm is the perfect phone. I've liked it better on each OS that's been released. The latest (.151) is absolutely wonderful.
    07-13-09 07:07 PM
    I loved my Storm, but I would suggest waiting for the Storm 2. Unlocked GPS and WiFi, and pressure sensitive touchscreen? Yes please.

I do not suggest going for the WinMo. To be honest WinMo just sucks. I'm using a Treo in the interim until the Storm 2 drops but compared to the BlackBerry OS it's much worse.
    07-14-09 12:07 AM
    Thanks for the info and welcome! Another question...I've been reading that threaded SMS will be part of the OS 5.0 update...any idea whether the Tour will be included in that update when it happens? Supposed to be late summer/early fall, I can wait that long if I need to, but I gotta have that threaded SMS
    07-20-09 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD