I've a BB9700 on OS6 and to be honest I think Android seems a much better platform/handsets, am I wrong or should I rethink and if so why?
    09-26-11 07:36 AM
    Personal choice. Some people like sausage and some don't.
    Rickroller likes this.
    09-26-11 07:44 AM
    Android works out of the box, unlike Blackberrys. It will take time to get used to a new OS. Try one, if you dont like it, go back to what you know.
    09-26-11 08:12 AM
    I've a BB9700 on OS6 and to be honest I think Android seems a much better platform/handsets, am I wrong or should I rethink and if so why?
    We see so many of these posts each and every day. Are you looking for our confirmation and blessings to go with an Android?

I think all we can do is to say, It is your choice and something we can not tell you. We are using BBs and for better or worse that comes withthem, that is why we are loyal it. It is your choice on your own and not ours. Whatever you decide to do best of luck.
    09-26-11 08:18 AM
    You're looking for answers in the wrong place on a fansite dedicated to BlackBerrys. Go to the store, play around with the HTC a little. If you get it and don't like it, take it back within the Return period or sell it on ebay/craigslist.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    09-26-11 08:20 AM
    9700 is 2 years old, have a look at the OS7 devices before you make your decision.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-11 10:15 AM
    The new devices are much faster.
    09-26-11 10:58 AM
    Android works out of the box, unlike Blackberrys. It will take time to get used to a new OS. Try one, if you dont like it, go back to what you know.
    What does that even mean, that Blackberry's do not work out of the box?
    09-26-11 11:02 AM
    What does that even mean, that Blackberry's do not work out of the box?
    Yeah and obviously, if he already has a blackberry he's already used to it.

09-26-11 11:06 AM
    I think just the opposite with this. Android claims they are so "customizable"..If you do not like the way the text messages look, you can download a different app like CrunchSMS (or whatever the name is). I think that BlackBerry is very user friendly if you like the way it works. Android if you like changing options and how the phone looks/runs. Just my opinion though..You gotta go try out the phones for yourself..Everyone has their own opinion.
    09-26-11 11:16 AM
    Yeah and obviously, if he already has a blackberry he's already used to it.

As you indicated in your post and noted the OP already has a 9700 with OS 6 so he is not unfamiliar with a BB device. I think like in my post and said he just wants us like many others to give them permission to but an Android.

If the OP will also spend some time in an Android thread here or forum like Android Central and read what they have to say on a device you are thinking about, You will find just as much if not more issues that we face and YES we have our share but we stick it out and work thru it unless you are just burned out on BB.

That is a totally different situation all together.
    09-26-11 11:20 AM
    I definitely think you should try it. I love Android. I've had four of them. That's why I now have a 9780 plus a Playbook!
    09-26-11 12:29 PM
    I'm using a 9700 and for me any version of OS6 sucked. Try an OS 7 device. For the record, I did at one time use Android, the Hero which I returned after 2 days usage. Glad I did, haven't looked back since despite setting up an iphone 4 for my mother.
    09-26-11 01:38 PM
    Try both out and see which one you like. They are totally different devices and one will do things the other won't. If you like physical keyboards then the bold would be perfect but if you want speed the android wins hands down!
    09-26-11 01:51 PM
    I'm thinking of swapping my wife for a newer model.

There are so many new and improved models now that are much more fun to play with.

09-26-11 01:54 PM
    Wait, WHAT? That's quite possibly the most absurd thing I've ever seen on this board, and this board has no shortage of absurdity. Come on now.

OP, as many have stated, it's a matter of preference. If you want tons of apps and are ok with a full touch screen, you may very well want to look at HTC. Although personally I'd go with an iPhone before an Android, if you could pry me away from BB, but that's just my preference. Any new OS is going to be different and take time to get used to. But it sure can't hurt to check out other options if BB isn't doing it for you.

09-26-11 02:21 PM
    As said, try the demos at the store. Now I'd also recommend doing your research on the basic uses of the new BB/Andriods OS, or just ask the salesman the basic functions of the phone.
    If you search or ask up about which one is better, & things of that nature. Your just going to cloud your head with other peoples thoughts. I highly recommend you use your own mind to determen what you like best.

P.S. Lol, although if you really want my opinion. I think Samsung's Galaxy phones are one of the most: gourges, fast, user friendly, long lasting, vibrent, etc. (Andriods) out there! By the way, some of those are facts.
    I don't want to compare a listing with this phone & BB. It's just my suggestion of choosing a great Andriod, if you do so.
    09-26-11 04:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD