Cross-post from "Off-topic" but I wanted to make sure it was seen quickly:

I've been trying to get this guy to tell me the MEID / IMEI for this 9810 he has advertised. He is apprehensive to send that to me, thinking I can do something malicious with just those IDs. All I wanted to do was confirm it with AT&T.

Regardless, I want to go ahead and make the in person trade with him in a few hours. Do you think if I put my SIM in and it boots and registers with the AT&T network I should be good right? If it's blacklisted I wouldn't be able to do that correct?
    05-27-12 03:15 PM
    Meet at an ATT store and get instant confirmation.
    05-27-12 04:06 PM
    If your network is at&T then it should work. If your on sprint then you may have an issue.
    05-27-12 04:18 PM
    Good call
    05-27-12 04:41 PM
    Rosebud68 is correct I've done that before on Sprint so it should work with AT&T.
    05-27-12 04:45 PM
    The best advice in this thread.
    05-27-12 07:03 PM
    handing over MEIDs and IMEI's on the internet is usually frowned upon, as people have and can clone them. its a unique serial number that shouldnt really be made public. but in terms of trying to sell a phone, you should be willing to fork it over. and since at&t doesnt blacklist IMEI's, a stolen/lost phone would still work. however, the PIN might not since RIM blacklists them. ive never asked someone to fork over an IMEI when purchasing, nor has anyone ever ask me for one when selling. but common sense says to be willing to do so as to not raise suspicion on what would be an otherwise kosher deal.
    05-27-12 09:13 PM
    handing over MEIDs and IMEI's on the internet is usually frowned upon, as people have and can clone them. its a unique serial number that shouldnt really be made public. but in terms of trying to sell a phone, you should be willing to fork it over. and since at&t doesnt blacklist IMEI's, a stolen/lost phone would still work. however, the PIN might not since RIM blacklists them. ive never asked someone to fork over an IMEI when purchasing, nor has anyone ever ask me for one when selling. but common sense says to be willing to do so as to not raise suspicion on what would be an otherwise kosher deal.
    Thanks. I bought the phone, everything is all good. They guy showed me the Best Buy receipt where he had just bought it 2 weeks ago and the phone showed no use..I think I got a great deal!
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    05-28-12 06:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD