I own a Playbook too, but if you want something great for cheap, check out B&N Nook Hd or HD+. Both are excellent values if Android is palatable.
    The best tablet is the nexus 7(2013). I hate Samsung's cheap garbage and a pure android experience is the best.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 12:20 AM
    If you do get one, don't bother paying for more space. Doesn't 'future proof' anything, this tablet is long dead and what you see is what you get now. There's no point having more space to stuff things in if there aren't really any features or uses to them. If you want it to play movies just get a microSD card and transfer them from your phone to the PB. I'd only get one if you have a Blackberry phone to bridge it to, but a 16gb one for $60 is still a better deal than the garbage no-name Android tablets in the same price range while a 64gb one for $150 is not. It's much more stable and superior in certain key areas. Unless it's Nexus 7 spec'd or above, every Android tab I've used has been a horribly frustrating experience and I wish my PB still worked. If you can afford Surface Pro ($500+) or iPad ($400+), spring for those options. Mid range, a Nexus 7 ($200) is a great choice, but in the sub-$100 category, if you have an existing Blackberry the best choice is still the PB IMO.

The browser and PDF reader are both terrible and will crash on you, but Origami is a decent substitute and you may find something that works in the Android app catalogue for PDF viewing. If anything, see if you can miraculously score a cheap ($100 or less) LTE version just for the 1.5 ghz processor to help with some of the lag.
    04-03-14 01:06 PM
    If you do get one, don't bother paying for more space. Doesn't 'future proof' anything, this tablet is long dead and what you see is what you get now. There's no point having more space to stuff things in if there aren't really any features or uses to them. If you want it to play movies just get a microSD card and transfer them from your phone to the PB. I'd only get one if you have a Blackberry phone to bridge it to, but a 16gb one for $60 is still a better deal than the garbage no-name Android tablets in the same price range while a 64gb one for $150 is not. It's much more stable and superior in certain key areas. Unless it's Nexus 7 spec'd or above, every Android tab I've used has been a horribly frustrating experience and I wish my PB still worked. If you can afford Surface Pro ($500+) or iPad ($400+), spring for those options. Mid range, a Nexus 7 ($200) is a great choice, but in the sub-$100 category, if you have an existing Blackberry the best choice is still the PB IMO.

The browser and PDF reader are both terrible and will crash on you, but Origami is a decent substitute and you may find something that works in the Android app catalogue for PDF viewing. If anything, see if you can miraculously score a cheap ($100 or less) LTE version just for the 1.5 ghz processor to help with some of the lag.
    My browser very rarely crashes and the pdf works superb tho

From zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    04-03-14 01:33 PM
    @zmailman yes the stuff you asked about can be done. I do it everyday.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 01:49 PM
    Interesting...I still use my PB every day and the original PB browser hasn't crashed on me as you describe. What is so "terrible" about Adobe as the .pdf reader?
    04-03-14 02:11 PM
    If you're looking for a well priced tablet that will serve you well, you can't go wrong by taking a serious look at the Asus Transformer T100 Windows Tablet. Comes with a keyboard dock, MS Office packaged with it, better than decent hardware, and priced $350-$399 for a device that should easily cost twice as much. Very very nice device.

Sent from my T100TA using Tapatalk
    04-03-14 02:36 PM
56 123