Like when I delete SMS or BBM conversations, are they permanently deleted? I just got the 8530, the phone I had before was the Moto Q and that was a Windows Mobile phone. Everytime I deleted texts or emails, I'd have to go in the "Deleted" folder and actually delete them from there too.

Is there a limit to texts/emails you can have? How long do messages stay in the history?

Sometimes I want to delete emails that I haven't read but already know I'm not going to open them up, is there a "delete unread" option available? Thanks.
    04-26-10 07:04 AM
    when things are deleted on the bb they are really gone

you can keep messages forever if you so choose but it will use up the phones memory and once you get down to a certain amount the phone itself will start to delete them to get back memory for the phones functionality.

no delete unread option - just hilight the one you want deleted and delete it from the list without opening it
    04-26-10 07:08 AM
    You can save your bbm messages to the SD card though. Just go into options.
    04-26-10 10:36 AM
    The number of messages you can have depends on how much free app memory you have. You can set the duration to keep the messages ... Open messages - menu - options - general options - days to keep messages - set it to your liking...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-10 10:57 AM
    Cool thanks guys!
    04-26-10 06:29 PM
    I've noticed that lets say I send myself a message on my Blackberry to my gmail account, I'll get it in my gmail on the web, but when I delete it from my Blackberry, it won't delete it from my gmail, as it does with messages I get from other people, etc.

Is this fixed with the new 2 way syncing Gmail is gradually rolling out to regions? At least that's what I've learned from searching through the forums..
    Last edited by The Great Shark; 04-28-10 at 08:17 AM.
    04-27-10 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD