...your name does the trick...now walk the walk
    Can you talk in complete sentences please and stop using unnecessary ellipsis? It's hard to understand what you're trying to say when your thoughts aren't constructed in a comprehensive way. I'm going to assume that you're asking me to prove that I'm unbiased like my username states. Well since the forum I'm participating in is about BlackBerry then I don't really care "why iPhone sucks" because I don't have one if I'm on Crackberry. Now if this was a forum for websites that cover all platforms like Engadget, GSMArena, CNET, etc then that's another story.
    12-31-13 01:32 AM
    Does it matter? No. Some people I know who had phones with HDMI ports never, ever used them.

It's simply a better experience to use something like an AppleTV or AllShare Cast Hub than to use a clunky HDMI cable. Wireless is the future.
    Every tv has that built in right? I'm happy because show my screen on any monitor without any hassle.
    12-31-13 01:53 AM
    It's because deep down they are really jealous of other platforms and bitter about there phone and trying to justify their purchase. By anything possible to make it seem like they made the right choice in a phone.

They just don't know it yet but they see what other platforms can do, and want BlackBerry to be able to do it as well. But will keep on being in denial till the end.

They can't handle a dose of truth
    Who are 'they'? Little green men??

So glad you not talking about me: a BlackBerry fan since owning a 8820.

To each their own ...
    12-31-13 03:38 AM
    I'm using my Q10 with a miracast dongle. Wireless all the same. It won't cost you that much approx, $37.

Things the iPhone can't do this holiday with the family-_12-1-.jpg
    12-31-13 04:30 AM
    No doubt "they" are the legions of Android, iPhone and Windows Phone users who hang around CrackBerry contributing nothing positive to this community.
    Equally it could be the vocal few that are BlackBerry fanatics for whom the company can do no wrong.
    Do you see what I did there?

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 04:57 AM
    I have one though BlackBerry call it a "high-speed HDMI cable".
    My girlfriend got it from BlackBerry Live 2013.

The BlackBerry shop has them listed too.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=kcsKrFCK

Attachment 234811
    Perhaps my post was misconstrued, perhaps I misspoke.

My point entirely was that blackberry did not include it, when purchasing a z10/q10/q30, an added cost.
    Not to your girlfriend but to the general bb10 toting populace.
    12-31-13 06:56 AM

My point entirely was that blackberry did not include it, when purchasing a z10/q10/q30, an added cost.
    I believe manufacters don't include a mini-HDMI to HDMI cable if their device has a mini-HDMI port. It's extra.

Same with MHL and SlimPort, you buy the adaptor/cable separately.
    12-31-13 07:51 AM
    I'm using my Q10 with a miracast dongle. Wireless all the same. It won't cost you that much approx, $37.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$_12[1].JPG 
Views:	366 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	234835
    What's the link? Please, and thank you.
    12-31-13 07:52 AM
    I believe manufacters don't include a mini-HDMI to HDMI cable if their device has a mini-HDMI port. It's extra.

Same with MHL and SlimPort, you buy the adaptor/cable separately.
    Your right. The cables/adapters are an extra cost on all devices.
    12-31-13 07:53 AM
    No doubt "they" are the legions of Android, iPhone and Windows Phone users who hang around CrackBerry contributing nothing positive to this community.
    Doesn't matter what device you have, everyone's free to post on CrackBerry (same with any internet forum).
    12-31-13 07:54 AM
    Who are 'they'? Little green men??

So glad you not talking about me: a BlackBerry fan since owning a 8820.

To each their own ...
    They are the ones who have been let down by BlackBerry. All the promises BlackBerry had made. PlayBook anyone? The early adopters who believed in z10 only to be left high and dry without many features.

I'm pretty sure some of us has resented BlackBerry at one point or another. They haven't been the greatest company for loyal users.

And I'm not gonna lie I'm one of those who have been left with a bitter taste with BlackBerry for the broken promise of bb10 on playbook. Only sole reason for buying it. And thank god only one other person listened to me to buy the PlayBook.

But on the other hand I don't need to go about trying to prove that bb10 is the best phone and try to one up other platforms. I'm happy with my z10 and wish it had features that the q10 and z30 has though.

Like you I have never owned anything but a BlackBerry. Don't even have anything apple related. But I can at least admit to myself that apple has some great products otherwise why would the owner of this site be using it.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-31-13 08:23 AM
    Awesome. iOS users can do the same thing with an Apple TV, wirelessly. This will work with all their iOS devices. Obviously the iPhone can't connect to HDMI because it doesn't have a hardware port, but there are Thunderbolt to HDMI adaptors as well.
    Out of all my friends with iPhone, only one has Apple TV, while they all have TVs with HDMI and I can tell that noone bought a special overpriced cable to be able to stream via HDMI.

On contrary, I bought a microHDMI cable for 10 dollars, making me ready to go. So, which platform is truly awesome for the user?
    12-31-13 08:30 AM
    Equally it could be the vocal few that are BlackBerry fanatics for whom the company can do no wrong.
    Do you see what I did there?

Posted via CB10
    But at least those "BlackBerry fanatics" are hanging around a BlackBerry FAN site. That's a lot better then the Apple / Android "fanatics" that come here to a BlackBerry FAN site and bash BlackBerry while extolling their platform of choice.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 08:43 AM
    Out of all my friends with iPhone, only one has Apple TV, while they all have TVs with HDMI and I can tell that noone bought a special overpriced cable to be able to stream via HDMI.

On contrary, I bought a microHDMI cable for 10 dollars, making me ready to go. So, which platform is truly awesome for the user?
    So to you awesome=cheap.
    To others awesome=quality.

For me 49 dollars for an adapter that works with both my iPhone and iPad and connects to the "standard" Hdmi cable is down right reasonable.

No need for an Apple TV. Even though I love my Apple TV, Especially with netflix, hbo to go, and the Bloomberg Channel (you don't get those with a cheap cable or a cheap dongle).
    12-31-13 08:46 AM
    So to you awesome=cheap.
    To others awesome=quality.

For me 49 dollars for an adapter that works with both my iPhone and iPad and connects to the "standard" Hdmi cable is down right reasonable.

No need for an Apple TV. Even though I love my Apple TV, Especially with netflix, hbo to go, and the Bloomberg Channel (you don't get those with a cheap cable or a cheap dongle).
    My cheap 3 meter long hdmi cable has already stopped working, I don't think I used it more then 20 times.
    12-31-13 09:22 AM
    Media outlets such as cnbc, yahoo, wsj, ect, put out one lie after another. Blackberry is a secure communication device, iapple an expensive toy. Your choice.
    12-31-13 09:30 AM
    But at least those "BlackBerry fanatics" are hanging around a BlackBerry FAN site. That's a lot better then the Apple / Android "fanatics" that come here to a BlackBerry FAN site and bash BlackBerry while extolling their platform of choice.

Posted via CB10
    First of all fanatics do more damage then any basher can to BlackBerry.
    Secondly it has been said many times by crackberry that this is a BlackBerry site. Not just a fan site. It covers everything to do with BlackBerry, even comparison to other platform.
    It is supposed to cover the bad as well as the good and not just be a cheer leading sight pumping out spin and positive nonsense.

Thirdly most of the people here on other platforms used to be BlackBerry fans. And I'm sure they would love to come back to BlackBerry as soon as BlackBerry meet their needs.

BlackBerry are in a dire position right now. There is not much to be positive about yet. Hopefully soon there is. But right now there is not and the only people to blame isn't the media but BlackBerry themselves

Posted via CB10
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    12-31-13 09:31 AM
    (facepalm).....clueless.....

BlackBerry forever, haters never!
    Clueless? What am I clueless about? I know what Miracast, Airplay, Media sync and connecting an HDMI cable does. What do you have to contribute to this post besides this nonsense?
    12-31-13 09:34 AM
    My TV has DLNA. When I want to watch a video that is on my Z30 I just select "play on" Sharp Aquos and it plays on my Sharp Aquos...sound and all. The sound is also sent by the TV to my Home theater receiver. One can also note the incredible sound quality the Z30 records.
    Why are you using cables and Airplay?
    Oh it also sends flac files via DLNA to my Oppo 105 which then uses it's insane on board dac to decode and play them. This is audiophile reference stuff. No the Oppo does NOT support Airplay.
    12-31-13 09:36 AM

The bb10 devices all come with DLNA support out of the box. Iphone doesn't. My PS3 reads media from my phone automatically without wires. So will any other DLNA enabled devices. A bb10 device can also can use remote file access to play something off your home laptop or PC, even if it is still at home (and on), without needing to load into a cloud service first.

And regarding FLAC, Apple doesn't natively support that format either. They have Apple lossless, but why would I want my music in a proprietary format tied to a company controlling my means of playback? It doesn't make sense.
    12-31-13 09:49 AM
    Obviously im late to the convo... but anyone thinking an apple tv is a good alternative to an HDMI out port... Are you serious? HDMI cable costs $5, and take 2 seconds to set up (ie, plug in, done) Apple TV, come on meow.

As far as wireless goes, BB can do this without a $200 adapter - stream to my wifi-enabled tv, no 'blackberry tv' needed :P

Gotta love Apple, proprietary EVERYTHING; usb cable, charge cable, video out cable, audio and video format support.. Sure it can do everything, just spend another small fortune getting various adapters and proprietary cables and software to make it all work... I enjoy being able to use the same cables to charge my android, bb, and even non cellphone devices, because everything uses standard connections.. cept Apple of course..
    tmf06 and igor10000 like this.
    12-31-13 09:49 AM
    Obviously im late to the convo... but anyone thinking an apple tv is a good alternative to an HDMI out port... Are you serious? HDMI cable costs $5, and take 2 seconds to set up (ie, plug in, done) Apple TV, come on meow.

As far as wireless goes, BB can do this without a $200 adapter - stream to my wifi-enabled tv, no 'blackberry tv' needed :P

Gotta love Apple, proprietary EVERYTHING; usb cable, charge cable, video out cable, audio and video format support.. Sure it can do everything, just spend another small fortune getting various adapters and proprietary cables and software to make it all work... I enjoy being able to use the same cables to charge my android, bb, and even non cellphone devices, because everything uses standard connections.. cept Apple of course..
    I think the point was apple can do it. Not that it was better

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 09:57 AM
    "Coolness goes out the door when you realize your cannot view or contribute to the family photo/video stream from your device."
    BlackBerry supports Miracast and iphone doesn't. If your an iphone user you may need to google it like I tell iphone users what NFC stands for.
    12-31-13 09:58 AM
    Surprised that there has been little discussion about NFC and mobile commerce on this thread. BlackBerry is way ahead of Apple right now - I'm shopping and paying today by simply tapping my phone at the checkout.

This is the next big thing, and the latest iPhone can't do it...
    12-31-13 10:13 AM
    This is the next big thing, and the latest iPhone can't do it...
    NFC has been the "next big thing" for three years now. And yet. . .

Google Wallet Update for Android Removes NFC Requirement
    Pete The Penguin and 21stNow like this.
    12-31-13 10:17 AM
300 ... 56789 ...