Things BB10 does better than Android and vice versa?
I might sell my beautiful and amazing z10 and get a free 4g android phone from metro for financial reasons. I have thought about it before but the keyboard alone makes me not want to replace BlackBerry. Plus, the hub, peek and many more things. But now I might actually do it.
So, let's get right down to it. As the title says. Please help and try to keep it as unbiased as possible. I really want to know if I'll be okay with android or not.
Please and thank you.
Posted via CB10
But if android would be almost unusable to me then I could hopefully not sell my z10.
Luckily, SwiftKey is on android. Hopefully it's available on those free 4g phones metro has atm and is at least almost as good as BlackBerry 10 keyboard.
Posted via CB10
- CrackBerry Abuser
07-26-14, 11:35 PM #8
- 189 Posts
- kills messaging and notifications it's not even comparable - in all aspects, email, social apps, quite simply the hub plus peak and flow is unstoppable.
- smoothest and fastest user interface with 0 lag
- best virtual keyboard with personalized auto correct and flick typing gestures.
- great signal and battery life (except z10 for bat)
- great eco system with most integration of Google services and apps
- king of customization, both from hardware and software.
- most choice and options for most consumer types - poor, rich, etc.
- native app experience is lacking in relation to android.
- using Android apps helps fight this but they still lag considerably and ones that need google services won't work. Additionally paid droid apps don't work either. (I imagine this will improve in the future due the official moves blackberry has made to secure an android app future)
- some glitches are annoying - double typing for Q users is one, Wifi connectivity, and a few more - as is expected from a one year old OS (many of these are being fixed)
- customization options are relatively limited, same for features - to be improved upon in 10.3
- fragmented, risky OS where it's hard to know what you user experience you are buying. Even their flagship phones lag hard in some cases (s4). Most OEMs add on ****tty software and useless feature and app spam that makes the user experience garbage imho
- messaging and notifications are crap compared to bb10
- phones are not durable (from a software standpoint in general) think of like old bbos phones where after a year or two there was lag, battery issues, etc. Android feels like this to me.
- poor software support where your phone will quickly be forgotten about and will not receive updates to android.
- in comparison to bb10 or iOS where you often don't see a need to over customize, in android I felt asthough I was forced to customize my phone so much because the experience out of the box was sincerely lacking.
When you say no bias I don't think that is possible as I clearly favour bb10 but that's my 2 cents.
Last edited by Mayor McCheese; 07-26-14 at 11:51 PM.
I tried to get it on metro and didn't work.
Also, it would be a financial gain because I would sell the z10, which means money in my pocket, get a free phone from metro and pay less monthly for my plan bill for more.
Posted via CB10
- CrackBerry Newbie
07-27-14, 11:30 AM #15
- 1 Posts
You have to do what you must at times. I just loan my Z10 to my son cause my job requires I use an iPhone, that's life but I'm still gonna try to get that passport I'm liking it so far seems like I'm going to have to walk with two phones soon lol.
- 07-27-14, 11:40 AM #16Everyone, everyone, stop fighting! Look unto me! I possess the blue flag! I wield the power infinite! The universal fabric is mine to unravel! My every thought becomes reality! Mountains will fall! Seas will boil! Day will be at night! People will...run...chicks'll dig me!
- CrackBerry Genius
07-27-14, 12:10 PM #17
- 2,667 Posts
You can make any phone work for u. They all basically do the same thing, but in different ways. Since its for financial reasons, I think you'd be able to make a low end android device work regardless of the experience it may provide . I would anyway lol
Posted via CB10Yes I am black...and yes I LOVE grape Kool Aid. I can't blame u for judging me
- Durrell pin:2B7B5318
- 07-27-14, 12:31 PM #18
I used to go back and forth between a Q10, an iPhone and an Android. I unfortunately dropped the SGIII down a flight of cement stairs at the Metro and the screen shattered. So now I'm down to the iPhone.
Really, there is only a difference of *how* things are done between Android and BB10. They both do the same thing. The difference being that the Android devices allow for seemingly endless customisation. There *is* a hub in Android and there *is* a drop down menu on any screen for quick settings. The notifications screen is stellar and gives you a preview of your messages before even getting into the hub, everything all at a glance. From there you can launch into whatever you want.
The only thing that I would be very careful about Android is the app source. I stay away from names I don't know. I also run AVG antivirus. Since I got my Atrix in 2010 I've had only two phishing incidents way back when I first got the Atrix, and that was from a live wallpaper from a source I didn't know. This is the reason that I am now so very careful about the source for the apps I use and the reason I won't use third party app stores.
By this time, all platforms are effective. They do things in different ways. If you are open to change and if you are open to different ways, then Android won't disappoint. If you don't like change, or if you expect Android to act like BlackBerry, then you will be very unhappy.
I like adventure so I like to try new things. I'm now without an Android device so I will miss it, until the Note 4 comes out. It will feel like a very long time to wait.
Just choose a higher end device rather than an entry level. The experience will be more polished.
- 07-27-14, 12:53 PM #20
- 07-27-14, 03:52 PM #23
- By officialpitt in forum Android Apps (Amazon Store & APK Files)Replies: 33Last Post: 08-11-14, 02:02 AM
- By jb325 in forum BlackBerry 10 AppsReplies: 4Last Post: 08-01-14, 03:37 PM
- By carriesexy92 in forum Android Apps (Amazon Store & APK Files)Replies: 2Last Post: 07-28-14, 05:29 PM
- By sebstarr in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-28-14, 06:24 AM
- By lovedaazn in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-27-14, 11:06 PM