I wait to charge up my BB when it gets down to 5%. Sometimes I even wait until the battery is so low that the radio shuts off. I like squeezing every last bit of juice out of it before recharge.
    03-11-09 11:47 AM
    Have two batteries, when one gets down to around 10% I pop it out, and replace it with the fully charged one. Put the almost dead battery onto the usb charger and go from there. Rarely ever plug my berry into a charger.
    03-11-09 11:53 AM
    I don't think there's any way I could be on the phone for 12 hours. I'd run out of things to say.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

It wasn't all talking.......pry only an hour of it was talking... the rest was texting, Im, email, fiddling on here, brickbreaker, and a couple other things
    03-11-09 11:57 AM
    Repaet after me.
    There is no such thing as battery memory.
    There is no such thing as battery memory.

BIG 2nd. Lith ion batteries work as follows. The battery has an average limited number of duty cycles, and one cycle is considered to be from full charge to empty charge. SO, if you run your battery down 50% on day one, then do a full recharge, then run the battery again down to 50% on day two, you've only used your battery for a single duty cycle (because you used half a cycle each day). So, it's actually better to keep it plugged in when you can, because you will use less duty cycles over the life of the battery.

If you have an older phone with older nimh batteries, then yes,let your phone discharge completely before recharging.

BUT, to make matters even more complex, if you never fully charge or fully discharge a nimh battery, you won't have memory issues either. Toyota proves this with their nimh batteries in their hybrids. Those systems are designed to manage the battery in such a way that its never fully charged or discharged. That's why they get such high lifespans out of their battery packs for their cars.

03-11-09 12:14 PM
    2 weeks before I got service I got my phone and never had to charge it. I did only play brick breaker but still 2 weeks stand-by. Cant beat that.
    03-11-09 12:26 PM
    just got my blackberry curve...any suggestions on getting the best usage?
    03-11-09 01:08 PM
    I find that, when I link my Curve to my Garmin via bluetooth for handsfree talking, my battery drains rapidly.

03-11-09 01:29 PM
    I find that, when I link my Curve to my Garmin via bluetooth for handsfree talking, my battery drains rapidly.

Nothing drains more power than bluetooth
    03-11-09 01:35 PM
    Second. Bluetooth is about the worst battery offender.
    03-11-09 01:37 PM
    I think I need a new BB. Some of you are getting way more batt life than I am.

The problem is not your phone but the way your email is pushed. ATT does it one way and Verizon does it differently. If I recall correctly, ATT pushes at a different rate which take up more battery. I remember reading this in another site about a year ago. Maybe someone else can add to this thought by confirming if my memory is serving me correctly.

Oh by way - I get to 50 percent and I'm charging. I have a charger at work, home and car. Can't never been caught off guard and your phone is truly your only lifeline.
    03-11-09 02:07 PM
    I keep an extra battery handy just in case there is no charger close to me.
    03-11-09 03:31 PM
    thats way to low for me, and 12 hours of talking...wheww
    03-11-09 03:44 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD