Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 12:34 AM
    Picture Lock is much more secure and not susceptible to seeing the pattern on the glass
    07-08-15 12:37 AM
    a scramble pin system is much better than either. Pin is the same but the numbers position arrangement on the screen change randomly on each attempt.
    07-08-15 01:24 AM
    I like picture password, otherwise I can use my keyboard to make a password that's more than 4 digits, and is a word.

So no. Forget pattern lock.

Work Wide and Prosper
    sirius27 likes this.
    07-08-15 01:26 AM
    the numbers position arrangement on the screen change randomly on each attempt.
    Picture Password does that.
    07-08-15 01:28 AM
    Picture Password does that.
    Because its one stage its subject to accidental unlocking. If you could even make it two point drag that would eliminate that, so improvements can be made. Drag to your 1st PP point, pause drag to 2nd point, unlock. That should be an option.
    LazyEvul and sirius27 like this.
    07-08-15 01:34 AM
    I recently purchased a Tab S 10.5 and I got to say the fingerprint scanner is very handy. It's quick and easy to unlock your device and is secure.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-08-15 03:39 AM
    Picture Lock is much more secure and not susceptible to seeing the pattern on the glass
    Happened to me once:

I just tapped the screen, and moved the picture password marker just a millimeter, and -bang!- I was in... correct number was kinda sitting right on top!

That's something that shouldn't happen, and needs to be rectified programmatically in BB10.

:-)

�   Chendroid or not? - That is the question...   �
    07-08-15 04:34 AM
    Pattern Lock. Yes!

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    07-08-15 04:45 AM
    Tried pattern lock on my laptop once. Prefer regular password.

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>
    07-08-15 08:33 AM
    I like picture password, otherwise I can use my keyboard to make a password that's more than 4 digits, and is a word.

So no. Forget pattern lock.

Work Wide and Prosper
    Lol work wide and prosper lol I tip my hat to you.

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    07-08-15 09:44 AM
    Happened to me once:

I just tapped the screen, and moved the picture password marker just a millimeter, and -bang!- I was in... correct number was kinda sitting right on top!

That's something that shouldn't happen, and needs to be rectified programmatically in BB10.

:-)

It's like one in a million chance though. If it happens again then cause for concern. It happened once to me as well. What you can do is change the location say every month or 6 months depending could be even the number. Once it was right on the number for me but when I pressed it I didn't open I had to move it a little as u said.

07-08-15 09:49 AM
    Options are always good

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 10:30 AM
    I recently purchased a Tab S 10.5 and I got to say the fingerprint scanner is very handy. It's quick and easy to unlock your device and is secure.

Agreed. BB should implement a fingerprint scanner. Very convenient.
    07-08-15 01:14 PM
    It's like one in a million chance though. If it happens again then cause for concern. It happened once to me as well. What you can do is change the location say every month or 6 months depending could be even the number. Once it was right on the number for me but when I pressed it I didn't open I had to move it a little as u said.

How would that solve the random accidental unlock problem. Moving the unlock location around or the number doesn't change the behavior of the number position as that is random. There is just more work to be done to make it smarter or add options for more steps.
    07-08-15 01:23 PM
    How would that solve the random accidental unlock problem. Moving the unlock location around or the number doesn't change the behavior of the number position as that is random. There is just more work to be done to make it smarter or add options for more steps.
    Use letters (26) instead of numbers (10)... :-)

(that at least will lessen the probability)

07-08-15 05:03 PM

NSA gimmick

CB10 - Passport
    07-08-15 10:53 PM
    I love my picture password

Posted via CB10 on my ZED10
    07-09-15 07:24 AM
    NSA gimmick

CB10 - Passport
    While I don't believe a fingerprint scanner is the pinnacle of security....I think for a large number of people it is much better than no password at all. And combined with payment systems it is a very simple process to make payments. (how secure is just having a card in your possession? Like a signature means anything?)
    07-09-15 07:46 AM
    I wonder if it's possible to use the metal lines on the keyboard to work as a finger print scanner?

This way it's not requiring a new look to the phone, and would make the touch keyboard even more innovative.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 07:58 AM
    I wonder if it's possible to use the metal lines on the keyboard to work as a finger print scanner?

This way it's not requiring a new look to the phone, and would make the touch keyboard even more innovative.

Posted via CB10
    That's a good idea. I like it.
    07-09-15 11:08 AM
    Picture password is lot better than pattern lock. I have literally challenged many to find my password showing them the screen while unlocking - not possible in both pin (even scrambled) and pattern locks.

Passport, SQW 100-1, 10.3.2.440
    07-09-15 11:11 AM