top world renowned DJ is using blackberry.

9810 as it seems and they say blackberry is not cool. I beg to differ
    JAGWIRE likes this.
    01-10-13 08:10 AM
    Interesting, however, for those that require a certain cell phone to make them cool, sorry to burst your bubble, your just not cool.
    01-10-13 08:18 AM
    BlackBerry devices were, are, and will always be "cool".
    Celebrity use does not make it so.
    01-10-13 08:23 AM
    BlackBerry devices were, are, and will always be "cool".
    Celebrity use does not make it so.
    yep. totally agree with you - at a Crackberry user/fan standpoint. but that I must say, would be very subjective. some people might see physical keyboards as so-yesterday and full touch is where people at.

but i still value the availabilty of physical keyboards, at least I'm more productive & faster in replying messages. while that being the case, it's good to have choices.
    crys9889 likes this.
    01-10-13 08:32 AM
    yep. totally agree with you - at a Crackberry user/fan standpoint.
    Great...
    Actually, I think all smartphones (not just RIM devices) are cool. Mobile computing has come a long way.

Hmmm. However, I'm not too sure where you're going with this...
    but that I must say, would be very subjective. some people might see physical keyboards as so-yesterday and full touch is where people at. but i still value the availabilty of physical keyboards, at least I'm more productive & faster in replying messages. while that being the case, it's good to have choices.
    Although I agree choices are good for anything in life, I am at a loss as to how your post relates to the OP's topic of a device being "cool" because a celebrity uses it.
    Maybe I'm missing something here.
    01-10-13 09:32 AM
    From a personal standpoint, I really don't care what people deem "cool" in terms of phones. Fashion, yes. Fashion should always be in style. But not a phone. I know people who are still using 2G flip phones, and these aren't old geezers. These are mid 20-early 30 somethings. It's a personal choice. They don't want to be distracted with all of the apps and games. I constantly get ragged on for using a Blackberry (Bold 9930 and 32g Playbook, baby!) amongst my iPhone and Android toting friends. I'm literally the only one who still uses Blackberry as a personal device. And I wouldn't have it any other way. Personal choice. Freedom of choice. I've had my friends tell me "Love the new Blackberry 10, but it probably won't save them" or flat out "I am not impressed with Blackberry 10" as if that's going to sway my opinion when I eventually upgrade. I will try them all but will most likely end up with a Blackberry device again. Blackberry doesn't define who I am. Actually, a phone doesn't define who I am.

Let them think a keyboard is "so yesterday." You won't ever see Blackberry on those comical typo SMS message blog sites. I WILL say that I've impressed with the all touch Blackberry 10, but will also try out the keyboard version as well. I used a Storm 1 and 2 before going back to a Bold series with keyboard. I'm sure that I will adapt. But for some reason, it was difficult for me to type on the touchscreen iPhone and Android phones without making a mistake/typo every few words. It got quite annoying.

So yeah, it's great that celebrities are still using Blackberry. But again, people are free to use whatever they want. More power to us.
    01-10-13 09:38 AM
    Bitek,

You are 100% correct in that "cool" does sell, this is marketing 101, human nature, always has been all ways will be. Many clebs "brand" products with their name and sell products easier and in greater amounts had the "cool" factor not been there, think Nike.

When Russel Simmens ( @UncleRUSH twitter 2.3 million followers) is tweeting how great BB10 is you just know "cool" is a major factor, Blackberry(RIM) gets this, so expect more "cool" celebs in the adverts to come soon! In fact the leaked vid from some time back showed celebs including Lady Gaga. Don't you worry Bitek, more "coolness" is just around the corner, hold tight as it's going be a rocket ride!

top world renowned DJ is using blackberry.

9810 as it seems and they say blackberry is not cool. I beg to differ
    bitek likes this.
    01-10-13 09:54 AM
    celebrity or not he is walking proof that bb is still the best communication too. Paul Oakenfold sleeps and live on a plane and travel the world all year long.
    BergerKing likes this.
    01-10-13 10:35 AM
    Bitek,

You are 100% correct in that "cool" does sell, this is marketing 101, human nature, always has been all ways will be. Many clebs "brand" products with their name and sell products easier and in greater amounts had the "cool" factor not been there, think Nike.

When Russel Simmens ( @UncleRUSH twitter 2.3 million followers) is tweeting how great BB10 is you just know "cool" is a major factor, Blackberry(RIM) gets this, so expect more "cool" celebs in the adverts to come soon! In fact the leaked vid from some time back showed celebs including Lady Gaga. Don't you worry Bitek, more "coolness" is just around the corner, hold tight as it's going be a rocket ride!
    after all these years he still has not lost his touch. pretty amazing if you ask me. True prodigy of trance.
    01-10-13 10:38 AM
    I don't get a phone because a celebrity uses it. I use what works for me at any point in time.
    I left high school a very very very long time ago.

No KoolAid, no Kardashian, no U2, no Lady Gaga, no Jennifer Garner influence for me. I buy what I want when I want it.

That said....I LOVED Erin Burnett's comments regarding her "Beloved." I started following her on Twitter after she flashed that red Torch....

Last edited by qbnkelt; 01-11-13 at 01:50 PM.
    m1a1mg, BergerKing and MADBRADNYC like this.
    01-10-13 11:28 AM
    For the past two years, I've felt that BlackBerry users were unique. When the masses were jumping ship to be accepted amongst their peers and family, we denied the call to be followers. We stood strong in what we loved. We stuck with a phone that worked for us. We never needed support by the rich and famous. We didn't look to them for mobile influence.

When I see a BlackBerry user, I see independence. Someone with their own mind.

We are all part of Team BlackBerry and in that, we are cool.
    01-10-13 11:45 AM
    For the past two years, I've felt that BlackBerry users were unique. When the masses were jumping ship to be accepted amongst their peers and family, we denied the call to be followers. We stood strong in what we loved. We stuck with a phone that worked for us. We never needed support by the rich and famous. We didn't look to them for mobile influence.

When I see a BlackBerry user, I see independence. Someone with their own mind.

We are all part of Team BlackBerry and in that, we are cool.
    +1 !
    In fact, it was the dirtiest, most grimy, soot all over the face, raggedy clothed man I've ever met who turned me on to BlackBerry devices in a cell phone store years ago!
    I've never looked back since!
    Shanerredflag and BergerKing like this.
    01-10-13 11:52 AM
    +1 !
    In fact, it was the dirtiest, most grimy, soot all over the face, raggedy clothed man I've ever met who turned me on to BlackBerry devices in a cell phone store years ago!
    I've never looked back since!
    Jesus?
    416to604 and MADBRADNYC like this.
    01-10-13 11:56 AM
    Jesus?
    Ha! So funny... But feels so... Right?

It was actually someone I met while I was still on Windows after being on Symbian for years.
    I was looking for a change, and he walked in. It was an economic thing really as he put it.
    He asked me who did I see rocking BlackBerry devices.
    I said I see a lot of business men with them in NYC, especially by Wall Street.
    He said, there you go. Remember birds of a feather flock together.
    These people didn't get rich and stay that way using something else.

We talked for about an hour while he took the time to show me what BlackBerry devices could do.
    He was a better salesman than the salesman himself. I walked out with a BlackBerry.
    He was right. It fit my needs like a glove and I never looked back. Never saw him again.
    Not to be interpreted incorrectly, but I think of him fondly and often when I look at my device.
    01-10-13 12:27 PM
    What a great story! It call literally be turned into a short movie or even a bb commercial. You don’t know what you are missing until you use a blackberry!

Ha! So funny... But feels so... Right?

It was actually someone I met while I was still on Windows after being on Symbian for years.
    I was looking for a change, and he walked in. It was an economic thing really as he put it.
    He asked me who did I see rocking BlackBerry devices.
    I said I see a lot of business men with them in NYC, especially by Wall Street.
    He said, there you go. Remember birds of a feather flock together.
    These people didn't get rich and stay that way using something else.

We talked for about an hour while he took the time to show me what BlackBerry devices could do.
    He was a better salesman than the salesman himself. I walked out with a BlackBerry.
    He was right. It fit my needs like a glove and I never looked back. Never saw him again.
    Not to be interpreted incorrectly, but I think of him fondly and often when I look at my device.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    01-10-13 03:04 PM
    A phone is a tool. Tools don't make you cool; you make you cool.

Or not, as the case may be.
    BergerKing and Blacklatino like this.
    01-10-13 03:30 PM
    Personally, I can only use something that has been endorsed by or seen with a celebrity.I have anxiety attacks if no one famous uses the same things I do.
    mark37724 likes this.
    01-10-13 03:36 PM
    While I appreciate anyone who can handle themselves on the decks, it should not be a point of "cool" for the product, but from my perspective it does show that the man has a sense of good taste about him
    01-10-13 04:13 PM
    High school and swearing never to purchase a "cool" product aside, the facts are the facts, the cool factor sells.

Apple takes 3 spots in CoolBrands UK Top 20 Coolest Brands*list
    Wednesday, September 29, 2010 � 10:11 am � 28 Comments

Apple has grabbed 3 spots ourt of 20 to dominate in CoolBrands UK Top 20 Coolest Brands 2010/2011 list:

1. Aston Martin
    2. iPhone
    3. iPod
    4. BlackBerry
    5. Bang & Olufsen
    6. Harley-Davidson
    7. Nintendo Wii
    8. Google
    9. Ferrari
    10. Dom Perignon
    11. BBC iPlayer
    12. Vivienne Westwood
    13. Apple
    14. Tate Modern
    15. YouTube
    16. Mini
    17. Chanel
    18. Ray-Ban
    19. Alexander McQueen
    20. Jimmy Choo

Read more at Apple takes 3 spots in CoolBrands UK Top 20 Coolest Brands list – MacDailyNews - Welcome Home

You will notice Blackberry is #4 in the UK as "coolest brand" 2010/2011 , why? , it has been reported many many times that Blackberry is the coolest phone in the UK by the younger generation.

Does this mean BB10 is just for the younger generation, of course not, the BB dna will be intact (and improved greatly) for those who apparently never buy a "cool" product, yet BB10 is ratcheted up a notch to meet the demands of those looking for the "cool factor". Say what you will about apple but they have not been blind to the "cool factor" in fact they milked it for all it's worth via marketing.

So bring on the Lady Gaga's and the Russel Simmens Blackberry (RIM) ,as the trend is your friend and leave no demographic stone unturned.
    01-10-13 09:05 PM
    Personally, I can only use something that has been endorsed by or seen with a celebrity.I have anxiety attacks if no one famous uses the same things I do.
    Personal choice how you approach your purchasing needs/wants, you are a certain demographic that apparently is not affected by any celeb marketing,, while commendable it is not the norm among the younger generation that has billions in purchasing power.

This is not an assault on your beliefs, it's a reality of marketing 101, you reach out to all demographics with means that resonate to their lifestyle, be that a string quartet with a glass of brandy and fine cigar or getting your groove on with Lady Gaga.

BB10 has the goods that it can and will fit both those lifestyles very easily, some of us will just have to turn away whilst Lady Gaga types promote BB10, myself classical/opera to AC/DC/NIN/David Guetta, everything has a place,keep your mind open.
    01-10-13 09:35 PM
    I don't get a phone because a celebrity uses it. I use what works for me at any point in time.
    I left high school a very very very long time ago.

No KoolAid, no Kardashian, no U2, no Lady Gaga, no Jennifer Garner influence for me. I buy what I want when I want it.

That said....I LOVED Erin Burnett's comments regarding her "Beloved." I started following her on Twitter after she flashed that red Torch....
    No U2!?!?!? Have you heard the littany of no. 1 songs they have written and played???

I had a very dear friend ("had" because he passed away) who was walking around in Clifton, Cincinnati, and Bono gave him tickets. When U2 was a new band they would give away tickets to pump up the show.

My friend thought they were very good!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-10-13 09:36 PM
    Great...
    Actually, I think all smartphones (not just RIM devices) are cool. Mobile computing has come a long way.

Hmmm. However, I'm not too sure where you're going with this...

Although I agree choices are good for anything in life, I am at a loss as to how your post relates to the OP's topic of a device being "cool" because a celebrity uses it.
    Maybe I'm missing something here.
    funny when you mentioned that, it sure does sidetracked/deviated away from the topic. sorry, by the way...
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    01-10-13 09:38 PM
    No U2!?!?!? Have you heard the littany of no. 1 songs they have written and played???

I had a very dear friend ("had" because he passed away) who was walking around in Clifton, Cincinnati, and Bono gave him tickets. When U2 was a new band they would give away tickets to pump up the show.

My friend thought they were very good!

No..it's the complete opposite of what you understood....

I LOVE U2. I named them because I've read somewhere that one of them swears by his BB, don't now which...so what I meant is that not even THEY can influence my phone decision.

Take a look at my user name, say it out, and you'll understand why....
    Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 01-11-13 at 02:41 AM.
    01-11-13 02:07 AM
    Let me get this straight....

iPhone is perceived as cool =
    Negative, iToy, iSheep, bowing to peer pressure, Apple telling people what they want and not what they need, led by consumerism, toy, manipulative marketing

Blackberry is perceived as cool =
    Positive, self assertive, tool for getting things done, badge of individualism, not bowing to media pressure

OK.....interesting....
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 01-11-13 at 06:51 AM.
    Cesare21 and Blacklatino like this.
    01-11-13 02:55 AM
    blackberry may not be cool because it is definitely HOT
    So true, yet when it's perceived as "cool" also, it will be HOTTER.

All about selling to ALL demographics,which translates to a larger market share,we all want that I'm sure.
    01-11-13 12:25 PM
56 123