well i see im not the only one getting a pre-ordered bb10. looks like my sales rep was on to something FTW !
    12-19-12 01:32 PM
    I haven't seen anyone offering pre-orders yet, only reservations through Rogers.
    What country/carrier were you able to pre-order through? What is the final price of a full touch BB10 device?
    12-19-12 01:35 PM
    I haven't seen anyone offering pre-orders yet, only reservations through Rogers.
    What country/carrier were you able to pre-order through? What is the final price of a full touch BB10 device?
    To play devils advocate, there is no difference between a pre-order and reservation. Same crap, different pile. Example: Rogers took reservations for the iPhone 5 instead of calling them "pre-orders"
    12-19-12 01:40 PM
    To play devils advocate, there is no difference between a pre-order and reservation. Same crap, different pile. Example: Rogers took reservations for the iPhone 5 instead of calling them "pre-orders"
    Fair enough, although usually I'd tie an order (or pre-order) to something that actually had a final price. I was hoping to see some pricing information on the L-Series...
    12-19-12 01:42 PM
    is the $40 refundable? i didnt see in the article i read if it was
    12-19-12 01:48 PM
    is the $40 refundable? i didnt see in the article i read if it was
    Yes it is. They refund the $40 either when you purchase the device or cancel your reservation.
    Even if the device ships to the store, you can still say you don't want it and they'll refund the $40.
    They actually won't even take the $40 off the purchase price of the phone, they charge you full price and then refund the $40 later on.

I think it's just to hold your place in line and stop people from reserving devices that they have no intention of buying.
    12-19-12 01:51 PM
    Yes it is. They refund the $40 either when you purchase the device or cancel your reservation.
    Even if the device ships to the store, you can still say you don't want it and they'll refund the $40.
    They actually won't even take the $40 off the purchase price of the phone, they charge you full price and then refund the $40 later on.

I think it's just to hold your place in line and stop people from reserving devices that they have no intention of buying.
    However, reserving a BlackBerry 10 smartphone does not guarantee you will receive it before the people waiting in an actual store receive it on release day. Rogers says in the fine print there may be a 14-day delay in receiving your reserved device. Deja vu of BlackBerry PlayBook launch. Research In Motion should sell direct to end-users and you only need deal with the wireless carrier for provisioning if you are changing data plan or voice plan.
    12-19-12 01:56 PM
    From the email they send you once you reserve:

Dear ******** ********,

Thank you for using the Rogers Reservation System to reserve your new device.

Please remember that use of the Reservation System does not guarantee that you will receive the device before everyone else - what it means is that you won’t have to stand in line to inquire about availability. If you have made a reservation before the launch* of the device, we will do our best to get the phone to you within 15 business days of the launch. If you have reserved your device after launch, we will try to get it to you within 15 business days of your reservation. Please note that this is dependent on inventory availability from our vendor partners.

This email confirms that we have reserved a Blackberry 10 Black for your wireless number 519*******.

Please check your inbox for weekly emails from us with a status on your reservation and approximate timing on the shipment of your device for pick up at:

Rogers Plus
    550 King St. N., Unit 5G
    Waterloo, ON
    N2L 5W6

In order to secure a place in our reservation line, a reservation fee of $40.00 plus taxes will be applied to your next Rogers invoice and will be credited back to your account when your device is shipped from our warehouse or when your reservation is cancelled.

If you have any questions about the Reservation System, review our FAQs.

Thanks again for being a valued customer.

* Launch refers to the date that the device becomes available for purchase in Canadian stores.

The most up to date
    information on your reservation
    can be found when you sign
    in to your account
    at rogers.com/myrogers.

:
    12-19-12 02:00 PM
    Okay so I talked to my bell rep today and I asked her what bells policy is on the pre orders. She told me as far as she was aware bell had no official policy. it is the store she works at that made their own policy. This is what they are doing. The store well get x numbers of bb10 devices for first day of sale. Each rep gets to order x number of bb10 phones on top of that order. So when the first bb10 phones go on the shelves for sale they well have phones for walk in customers to buy as normal . And they well have x number for the people on the list. She told me it just makes there job less hectic for relise day. Also it assure maximum volume for there frist order. Then she added "customer satisfaction is our goal". They have 3 reps I am number 1 of 743 on her list.
    12-20-12 02:49 AM
    Okay so I talked to my bell rep today and I asked her what bells policy is on the pre orders. She told me as far as she was aware bell had no official policy. it is the store she works at that made their own policy. This is what they are doing. The store well get x numbers of bb10 devices for first day of sale. Each rep gets to order x number of bb10 phones on top of that order. So when the first bb10 phones go on the shelves for sale they well have phones for walk in customers to buy as normal . And they well have x number for the people on the list. She told me it just makes there job less hectic for relise day. Also it assure maximum volume for there frist order. Then she added "customer satisfaction is our goal". They have 3 reps I am number 1 of 743 on her list
    12-20-12 02:53 AM
    Sorry about the double. Post.
    12-20-12 02:54 AM
    Ugh! Always get you with the fine print! So a person is paying to hold a spot in the imaginary pre-registration line of up to 15 days?!? I'm trying to see the upside...other than marketing ploy.
    12-20-12 02:59 AM
    Up side........... My phone is coming. No line. No waiting. No sorry sir we just sold the last one. Or sorry our order is all ready gone in for to day you'll have to wait for the next order. When phones hit my store one well be mine even if I work late and can't make it that day when the frist bb10 land I get one. Im talking about bell Canada not rogers I don't know what they have going on. The 15 day wait is something we can't control. For me unforeseen sercumstances won't make it 16 or 17 days.
    12-20-12 03:18 AM
    Okay so I talked to my bell rep today and I asked her what bells policy is on the pre orders. She told me as far as she was aware bell had no official policy. it is the store she works at that made their own policy. This is what they are doing. The store well get x numbers of bb10 devices for first day of sale. Each rep gets to order x number of bb10 phones on top of that order. So when the first bb10 phones go on the shelves for sale they well have phones for walk in customers to buy as normal . And they well have x number for the people on the list. She told me it just makes there job less hectic for relise day. Also it assure maximum volume for there frist order. Then she added "customer satisfaction is our goal". They have 3 reps I am number 1 of 743 on her list
    There are 743 BB10 preorders among the 3 reps?? If so, that's amazing!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-20-12 08:05 AM
    Do I understand if you give your reservation and your $40 they have to offer you a phone before they sell it to the general public? Is there a chance that a Nexus 7 deal occurs that Rogers could take 15 days to get you a phone while selling one to someone who goes to the store on launch day?

I would hope all things being equal this gives you the right to the phone first if you want one?
    12-20-12 07:40 PM
    Hey blaze got you pre order in yet? LOL
    01-04-13 01:20 PM